Series 4 - Episode 13

Moocowthingy
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Series 4 - Episode 13

Post by Moocowthingy »

Well tomz on Challenge you can catch the winning quest for series 4 comming to an end.  Old Dicken and chums were great if not in the greatest series.  I dont think Ive seen such a flawless victory on KM.

Next up is Jeremy, isnt this the guy who somhow entered the Block and tackle at a diagonal line?.  I thought that was a bit unfair as this is a hard enuf room as it is.

Finaly Giles, very funny moments in the quest.  They must have been well peeved when the series ended deep in level 3.  Personaly I think they were gonna make it :( .

Series 4 a bit dissapointing over all but a good ennding with 3 looks at level 3 a winner a block and tackle death and the unlucky funny ones.
Last edited by Drassil on 10 Jan 2011, 17:47, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title adjusted to aid identification
Moocowthingy
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

The final door

Post by Moocowthingy »

In Dickens quest S4 if memory serves me correctly the room before last is Dooreen the final door.  This is the only time she is ever seen on KM.  She asks 3 questions which the team get correct then proceed into the final room.

My question is, what would have happened if they had got 1 or 2 questions correct ?.  More rooms, extra hard challenges ?.  Do you think 1 question would have been enougth to make it into the final room ?.  I think this is one of the oddest things Ive seen on KM, using a Door in that late a stage.  Maybe they forgot and had to slip her in.

Just wondering
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: The final door

Post by HStorm »

As far as I understand it (which isn't thoroughly), with Door-is you had to get one or more riddles right to pass, with Door-cus you had to get two or better, with Door-reen you had to get all three right. Getting more than the minimum required clearly made no difference (as every dungeoneer arrived in the same place after answering).
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Moocowthingy
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Moocowthingy »

Im not sure if they had to get all 3 correct my memory isnt that good lol.  Ive just been to the series archive and they already passed the B&T, COB and beat Malice.  So having to answer all 3 questions correctly was a realy hard final test if indeed that is correct.

If that is right could somone print the 3 questions as I dont remeber them.  Then we can judge how hard that was.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

I haven't got the vids handy at the moment, but I remember that the riddles were rather easier than the ones on the previous levels, without being pushovers.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Elita
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Elita »

By the combined magic of the VCR and the Internet, here they are!

1: The Atlantic is bigger than the Pacific. True or False?
False. (no, really?

2: Kilimanjaro (or however you spell it) is taller than Everest. True or False?
False. (where did they get these questions, from a children's book of geography?)

3: Aesop was a slave who told stories about animals. True or False?
True.

Well, I'll have to agree with Pickle here. (now that'll be a first) "I'd have expected it to be more difficult Master". It is something of an anti-climax though... they don't even need to do anything to get past the big Haunting, it just buggers off.
"Gentlemen! Please! You can fight like itsy bitsy babies later. Right now we have adult name-calling and mud-slinging to attend to."
- Dr. Nightmare, Attorney at Law
Moocowthingy
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Moocowthingy »

By the combined magic of the VCR and the Internet, here they are!

1: The Atlantic is bigger than the Pacific. True or False?
False. (no, really?

2: Kilimanjaro (or however you spell it) is taller than Everest. True or False?
False. (where did they get these questions, from a children's book of geography?)

3: Aesop was a slave who told stories about animals. True or False?
True.

Well, I'll have to agree with Pickle here. (now that'll be a first) "I'd have expected it to be more difficult Master". It is something of an anti-climax though... they don't even need to do anything to get past the big Haunting, it just buggers off.
Id have got the first 2 questions easy but would have been guessing at the 3rd.  A slav who told stories about animals is a bit vague without a timezone attached.  I suppose though its one of those that you know or you dont.  Like Chris Tarrent says " its only easy if you know it " .

I'll disagree with the last bit ( I wouldent be me if I didnt ).  I think Dickens quest was far from an anti climax.  Beating Malice, COB, B&T, and 3 questions correct ( 0 wrong in all levels  I think ).  In all honesty if you were a haunting meeting the guys who just did all that you would probably just bugger off as well.

EDIT EDIT

Oh me being so rude.  Thanks for posting the Q's :)
Last edited by Moocowthingy on 04 Dec 2003, 04:15, edited 1 time in total.
Elita
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Elita »

I meant an anti-climax more in the way that all the big stuff happened before getting to Dooreen. I think it would have worked better if they'd had to get past Dooreen before Malice, since Malice is far scarier.
"Gentlemen! Please! You can fight like itsy bitsy babies later. Right now we have adult name-calling and mud-slinging to attend to."
Elita
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Elita »

Oh me being so rude.  Thanks for posting the Q's :)
No prob, it's an excuse to watch the videos... again...
Moocowthingy
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Moocowthingy »

I think this is one of the oddest things Ive seen on KM, using a Door in that late a stage.  Maybe they forgot and had to slip her in.

Just wondering
You see we do agree :)
Elita
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Elita »

So we do. I should have read the original post more closely.
Cull
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Cull »

I meant an anti-climax more in the way that all the big stuff happened before getting to Dooreen. I think it would have worked better if they'd had to get past Dooreen before Malice, since Malice is far scarier.
I somewhat agree about the anti-climax thing...  the final parts of that quest were pretty... dull compared  to the rest of level 3. I think Dooreen should have been at the beginning or middle of the level - or at least before some of the harder sections (such as the CoB). And don't get me started about the final room...

"Where am I?"
"You're in a room with a Crown. Can you pick up the Crown please?"
*Dungeoneer picks up Crown*
"Congratulations, you've won!"

... how exciting. [/sarcasm]
MPK
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by MPK »

I agree, the main hurdle should have been with Malice, not with the door or the haunting!

It would have been better if, like with S5, their life force was ebbing away, so that they had to do or die to get to the crown!
Once again returning... and once again going just as fast!
http://www.abadeducation.com
SrWilson3S
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by SrWilson3S »

Dickons Team didnt get the B&T only the COB.
And yes the end was kinda anti climatic getting 3 riddles right walking into a room and confronting pretty much nothing or doing nothing before picking up the crown.
Elita
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Elita »

And don't get me started about the final room...

"Where am I?"
"You're in a room with a Crown. Can you pick up the Crown please?"
*Dungeoneer picks up Crown*
"Congratulations, you've won!"

... how exciting. [/sarcasm]
Yes, and then Pickle has to tell us that Dicken has the crown after we SEE HIM PICKING IT UP! Yes. Thank you Captain Obvious.

...though I always liked that little sunburst-effect they used there. It was a nice touch.