Knightmare on Challenge Schedule

Discussion of the repeats of Knightmare on the satellite channel Challenge?
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Knightmare on Challenge Schedule

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Okay, as far as I can tell, the schedule this time is pretty simple:

KM shows on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, at 10am, 6pm and 00.55am (i.e. very late Monday, Wednesday and Friday night, or very early Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday morning, if you like).

That's from both the Challenge schedule on their website and Sky Digiguide. The front page of this site has it showing at 00.00 rather than 00.55am. Unless Illusion has another source from me, I guess it's just been changed since he posted that.

Enjoy.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Re: Knightmare on Challenge Schedule

Post by Illusion »

Thanks for pointing that out. I hadn't checked the Challenge website for the latest schedule. The front page has now been corrected and I've send a mailing list message out.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Just looking through the Challenge scheduals and noticed that KM is also on Sunday at 11am and 7pm :).
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Porsmond »

Marge - It doesnt say that about Sunday of an episode of Knightmare on the webpage in their TV listings so are you sure about this?? ? Where did you hear this info from?? ?

I hope there isnt an episode on Sunday anyway, I'm going to be busy then so wont be around to record it if so.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Sorry Can't read ;D. Was very tired though also as I had to work at 8am yesterday and Monday mornings and yesterday certainly was a very long day for me, so I was more or less on my way to bed. Also note that for those of you who don't know it yet, it's the end of British Summertime (brrrrr) this weekend so therefore the clocks go back and so Knightmare will still be on at 10am, 6pm and 12.55am and not at 11am, 7pm and 1.55am as Challenge have listed. ;)

p.s. I'll wake up properly sooner or later! :-[
Last edited by MoanaLiza on 23 Oct 2003, 00:33, edited 1 time in total.
JamesP
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by JamesP »

Just thought I'd let you guys know that, unfortunately, Knightmare will be losing its late-night slot (the 12:55am one) from this Friday. Had to make a schedule change, but the other slots will not be affected.

It looks like we'll be repeating Series 5 in December, weekdays before Christmas week. As soon as I can confirm times, I'll let you know.
WHEN ARE YOU SHOWING IT
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Right you are JamesP...
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Thanks for the update, JamesP. Shame about the change- I know there are a lot of people working who therefore can't catch either the 10am or 6pm screening, but I guess that's equally true for other shows. Ho hum.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Just thought I'd let you guys know that, unfortunately, Knightmare will be losing its late-night slot (the 12:55am one) from this Friday. Had to make a schedule change, but the other slots will not be affected.
I didn't realise that included tonight/tomorrow morning, but just looking through the schedules (I have it right this time) KM is on 12.55 Thursday Morning.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Yep, I just checked it and it definitely says that. A mistake? Or perhaps they just scheduled it there as a one off? If we don't hear anything, I guess we'll just have to ask Challenge. In any case, I wouldn't bet my lovely green staff that it'll be on in that slot.
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

no showing over the weekend?
we have to wate till monday?   :'(
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Moocowthingy
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Moocowthingy »

It looks like we'll be repeating Series 5 in December, weekdays before Christmas week. As soon as I can confirm times, I'll let you know.
Wonderful thanks very much now Ive missed an episode.  Why is it you always seem to pick on the later showing of KM when you do cut showings?.  I must admit though Fort Boyard is a far superior show and justified for being shown in that time slot.  Im sure lots of drunk blokes returning from the pub will love watching Melindas fabulous bouncy attitude ( Both of them ), ohh yeh but you couldent afford Mellinda could you :) .

Apologies to the regular users of the board for the vast amount of sarcasum in the abve.  If they didnt fiddle with the listings Id be watching KM right now insted of being here.  Ohh well I suppose thats the Tw@ts at Challenge for you.

Also do us all a favour if and when you ever get round to buying another series of KM , sort out PERMANENT slots and keep them.

Mr Slightly annoyed bids you all good night.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Okay.

First, the rogue showing on Thursday at 00.55 has disappeared from the Challenge schedules. It's not listed on Skyguide either, so I'm supposing it was just a mistake of some sort that's since been corrected. So basically, if you want to catch KM on the current run, you'll need to tune in Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 10am or 6pm. If that's not possible, hopefully the repeats provisionally planned in December as mentioned by JamesP will give others the chance to see it.

Second, sorry to mention it again Illusion, but could the website front page possibly be updated to take account of this schedule change?

Thirdly, I can really understand people's frustration at all this. Challenge should surely have realised they'd want to repeat the new Fort Boyard episodes for those people who are working in the other slots and scheduled accordingly from the start a late evening episode. Now, of course, the people who work such hours can't catch KM on its current run- it is a shame that it's the late slot that always gets targeted, since that's the one that a lot of people rely upon as their only chance to catch the programme. It's also sad that this schedule change happened at the 11th hour (well, past midnight, if you really want to go with that metaphor). This site, for instance, has been advertising KM in those slots, and virtually as soon as it's started, that advice is partly incorrect. We do what we can to try to help Challenge get decent ratings, and it sometimes feels like there are obstacles being thrown in front of those efforts.

Ho hum. I hope the people who'll miss out this time get to catch the repeats. Hopefully this is the end of any messing around and we can all get down to enjoying the programme. As ever, at least it's being shown. :D
Last edited by GrimaldineGrimwold on 27 Oct 2003, 21:51, edited 1 time in total.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

So basically, if you want to catch KM on the current run, you'll need to tune in Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 10am or 6pm. If that's not possible, hopefully the repeats provisionally planned in December as mentioned by JamesP will give others the chance to see it.
10am and 6pm are literally impossible for me (as mentioned before several times) due to my work schedule and now I wont be able to catch the December showing at all thanks to Sky. They have decided to put the subscription prices up so my dad is going to phone them tomorrow to arrange for his subscription to be cancelled and he will just get the free channels as well as channels 1 - 5. When it gets cancelled I do not know, but I beleave it will either be the beginning of next Month or December though! :'( :'( :'(. So there will be no more Knightmare for me unless and DVD/video is released or I can manage to save enough money (whenever that will be, probably not this decade).
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

how much is it going up?
I hav't heard anything.. its well over £15 at the moment of the basic package.

Its getting terrible.. i doubt i'll be able to aford it much longer if it keep going up.. after all its not like its the only thing that goes up in price every year... pissing me off.  makes u look forward to death.. (mans freedom so they say) lol  ::)
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery