easily fooled and panicky teams

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Snowcat
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

easily fooled and panicky teams

Post by Snowcat »

Been watching my recordings of the recent Challenge? repeats (Half the street was taping them for me 'cause I ain't got sky!) and noticed something about the eye-shield and a few of the riddle answers...

Ever notice how often the teams were wasting time trying to get the dungeoneer to side-step a tree seen thru the eye-shield, despite the mildly obvious fact that the eye-shield was video!

Or perhaps slightly too suspicious with the riddles and forcefully going for the wrong answer...

"Which is deeper :- A drop in the Ocean or a bowl of water?"

The answer given being "a bowl of water". EH!

Soz if I'm nit-picking. Suppose it happens when the 2nd time you watch is 10 years later.......
;)
There are but 2 rules in this realm:-
1) He who sees first is the winner...
2) He who is seen first is toast...
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Re: easily fooled and panicky teams

Post by Pickle123 »

well at 12-14 riddles which may seem easy now were harder.
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I still can't get half the riddles even now though. Some of them I can get now only because I can remember them from the last Challenge showing.
Last edited by MoanaLiza on 16 Aug 2003, 00:40, edited 1 time in total.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Shepps
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Shepps »

I agree to the eye shield point.  I'm sure it must have been blatently obvious to them it was video footage as well, yet even the ones who got fairly far were still trying to guide people when the eye shield was up.

Hmm, not sure that all made sense.  Well, it did to me  ;D
Spellcasting D-I-S-M-I-S-S
Melisandrinoff
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Melisandrinoff »

Or perhaps slightly too suspicious with the riddles and forcefully going for the wrong answer...

Soz if I'm nit-picking. Suppose it happens when the 2nd time you watch is 10 years later.......
;)

I think the reason they said that was because they thought it was too obvious - and it turned out to be a trick question to see whether they had the sense to go for the obvious answer when it was obviously right, rather than the cryptic, makes-no-sense answer.  Clearly, they didn't  ;D
"You're in a room..." ;)
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

any chance you could try me out on a few of those tough riddles (me not having seen series 3 since ITV when i was...probably 5 or less, maybe ive never seen it). if you shove them up people could answer in black font so everyone can have a go. pleaseee, test my BRAIN!!!!!! its been lying dormant since school broke up.
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please
RoxxAatherton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by RoxxAatherton »

Sorry, but what is the answer to this riddle? Can someone explain it to me?

I guess it's the bowl of water right becuase a drop is, well really small

Damn my stupidity!
Foxxy Roxxy
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

The question was wich was deeper the ocean or a bowl of water..  the ocean is the answer.  the team got it wrong thinking it was a trick question.
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
RoxxAatherton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by RoxxAatherton »

I can see how they got confused, to be honest, I still don't get it because they're not asking you whether the oceans deeper, they're asking you whether a drops deeper.

I can see why they got confused.

No doubt Pickle would've got it straight away, what with his extensive, quite scary knowledge of proberbs and riddles

;D
Foxxy Roxxy
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

That certainly was confusing - a bit unfair actually! But then a lot of the riddles in Series 3 were a bit too hard - even for me!  For example the one about Joan of Arc that Golgarach asked Simon - I didn't know the answer but the team knew, yet they were so young.  I suppose they must have learnt that at school before appearing on KM. And then there's that one that the gargoyle asks Leo about the other stone circle (Avesbury) near Stonehenge...how many of us knew the answer to that one beforehand? Anyone? I didn't think so...

A panicky team that really got on my nerves was Vicky's team in Series 4 - the all-girl one before Dickon's quest. Too much shouting and going in the wrong direction - aargh, they really annoyed me!  
Snowcat
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Snowcat »

Hear hear!! :-[

Typical female 'Screamy weans'.

If they'd calmed down for half a second and not ALL at the dungeoneer things would have been easy. Then again I never walked the path, when they did, must be a difference between watching and playing ;).
There are but 2 rules in this realm:-
1) He who sees first is the winner...
2) He who is seen first is toast...
Moocowthingy
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Moocowthingy »

I did know a lot of the answers to questions on series 3 but I did also think they were tought for kids that age.  I bet I didnt know the answer when I was that young.  I would however have know the Avesbury one as ..... I have been there, and rather impresive it is too.  I did mention in another thread that I thought it was very hard on leo and co getting killed for one wrong answer especialy when they had done so well on previous questions.
Brangwen
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Brangwen »

I knew a few of the questions and I'm 15 but quite alot of them gave me trouble. If I was to go on Knightnare the Wall Monster would probably have of kill me^_^
Actually if Knightmare was to be revived, the questions would have to be slightly easier since todays youth seems to be rather dumb, and I think they changed the Year 10 and above education system slightly.