Where can I find series 1 nd 2?

Interested in offering help to the Knightmare community? Make or respond to requests for help here.
Brangwen
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: OK, I'm desperate

Post by Brangwen »

Hey snowwie. how much of Series 4 are you missing?
Snowwiewolf
Knight
Knight

Post by Snowwiewolf »

Everything after the earth, fire, soemthing (was it air or water?) causeway..... sci-fi channel stopped showing Knightmare that day....  
I'm an alien, you're a berry picker!
WhiteDevil
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WhiteDevil »

Series 4 didnt have any causeways  ;)
Last edited by WhiteDevil on 06 Aug 2003, 21:17, edited 1 time in total.
Those Who Live In The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It
Snowwiewolf
Knight
Knight

Post by Snowwiewolf »

sorry it was series 5....but I am missing most of seriesd 4 (someone taped another show on the tape.... >:( >:( >:( and it was the one worh Pickle in the dungeons!)
Moocowthingy
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Moocowthingy »

In the past Ive seen taped series of Knightmare for sale on Ebay.  Luckily Im old enuf to have seen the first episodes first time around, although memory is fading.
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

tradings pretty much offed right now.

our two hopes right now lie in Challenge getting more series (not helpful since im cableless) and in a DVD release.

so click my sig and sign it people ;D
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please
Snowwiewolf
Knight
Knight

Post by Snowwiewolf »

BRING OUT A DVD!!!
Mogdred
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Oh, how I'd love to see series 1 and 2!

Post by Mogdred »

There must be a way! Can't Challenge help?
Look upon Mogdred now, look upon Mogdred and QUAIL...
123Pooka
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: Oh, how I'd love to see series 1 and 2!

Post by 123Pooka »

I would love to see series 1 and 2 as well. I think they'll probably be shown after 5- 8 if they are shown, as they are v expensive to purchase. It largely depends on the viewing figures and the demands.
I suppose dvd is another possible option, can you imagine the delight of buying knightmare on dvd and viewing the extras! Hope that petition helps.
The only way is onward, there is no turning back. Oooh nasty, didn't realise the road ended there!
Brangwen
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Brangwen »

Once Challenge? have the rights to series' up to Series 8, I'm sure they'll make a descision from there. Some reason I kinda doubt they'll get shown, even though I hope to god they will. Perhaps Challenge? think that after the later series' get shown, people will think the earlier two are old fashioned and find it a turn-off?
pickle
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by pickle »

well if that was the case i could understand why, i mean season one really isn't all that, although two is markedly better. i thought before that series 4 was best, but having seen it again, it was very linear being the same format almost through each level. five was good (and will be) because watching it again the other day, was still linear but it had that little bit more excitement mainly due to the causeways and Lord fear. Six is probably best though because of the dreadnought(high expectation) and of course the great causeway, which just looking at gets your heart pounding. Seven is a close second mainly because of trial by spikes and play your cards right :o(excellent drama) and also added sfx and general dramatic music.

so really if you feel you want to see the earlier one's i feel you'll be more satisfied by seasons 5-7.

ciao! ;D
Moocowthingy
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Moocowthingy »

I would have preffered series 2 to the newly annouced series 5 on challenge.  I honestly dont think Challenge will show series 1 or 2 but I never did understand why they started with 3 although 3 is KM at its best.  1 would be great to see only the shorter series makes it less interesting. S4 of KM is a kind of transition, so its a shame that maybe we only get to see one of the original 3 b4 it changed.
Brangwen
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Brangwen »

I wanted Series 2 as well, I guess I just like some of the old rooms...though the later series' DO have the Corridor of Blades:P

I think Challenge? started with Series 3 because they asked the fans which series they thought was best before buying it, so they got the most popular one, though it kinda screws the series' before it. Imagine if they started with Series 7 or 8!!
Valiant
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Valiant »

Series 2 for me will always be the highlight of Knightmare. We were teased with what to expect in the first series and I remember waiting with anticipation every week counting the days down until it started in the Autumn after it was previwed on CITV.

There were several features of season two that stood out, most noteably the sustained presence of Mogdred, Gretal (easily the best maid), the original wall monsters, Folly, Lillith and the Oracle of Confusion. Season two introduced a lot of characters and events that season three would use and hence there impact was diluted.

When you add in the first ever winning quest plus a second victory, both of which quest objects were never repeated (maid and tailsman) then personally season two just cannot be beaten.

I vividly recall going to school on Monday morning after Mark's winning quest and all everyone wanted to talk about was Knightmare.
Mogdred
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Mogdred »

Melly was the best maid!
Look upon Mogdred now, look upon Mogdred and QUAIL...