Knightmare pc game

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Knightmare pc game

Post by MoanaLiza »

well when i have a PC that can handle such good an emulator with as good quality i will...

anyway, why can't you get a PC and a seperate Stoo (as that plays DVD's)

basicly...it takes an uber-pc to handle Stoo gams well.
What sort of umber pc? a 20 zillion GB one by any chance (well maybe not quite that 'umber'). Anyway how do you get emulators like an Amiga one to work on the pc? Do you have to connect an Amiga to it? My dad got rid of all ours yonks ago, when we got our first pc because 1. he said we wouldn't use it again as we didn't need it and the pc games were better. 2. He had recently got a new tele as our other one had gone on the blink which he thought was caused by the Amiga, as we had been running it through our tv. He also didn't want to invest in a monitor for it either. Man how I missed those Amiga's and those games that I used to play on them :'(. I still miss them now though sometimes :'(. Parting from them was a big loss, like losing Knightmare :'(.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

You can find more info about playing the Knightmare Amiga game on your PC here: http://knightmare.v21hosting.co.uk/revi ... e/demo.htm
You're on the edge of a ledge...
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

I reckon they should do a PC game actually Jebster. We could set up a petition or something to discuss this more closely...
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Snowcat
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Snowcat »

Here's a thought in that general direction..... Has ne1 tried making a Knightmare Flash game or maybe tried programming 1 on dark basic or 'blitz' and the like.

I know that Anglia gold were doing 'Shadow of the Technomancer' but its been 'coming soon' since whenever (Maybe someone could do it for them)!

I've got Dark-basic at home but I'm a lousy coder with no time to give to a project that would turn out quite large (to do well, which is what this would need).

I'm not wanting to discourage anyone from trying though! :o If yer good with programming and with more time than me GET IN THERE...
There are but 2 rules in this realm:-
1) He who sees first is the winner...
2) He who is seen first is toast...
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

On the subject of the Anglia Gold Knightmare flash, I still can't get it to work on any computer I have tried. Has anyone managed to get it to work? if so how? as I would like to see it! Also the Anglia gold KM site hasn't been updated for about a year either!
Last edited by MoanaLiza on 08 Oct 2003, 22:06, edited 1 time in total.
Snowcat
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Snowcat »

Also the Anglia gold KM site hasn't been updated for about a year either!
You've basically just answered your own question there!

To my knowledge 'Shadow of the Technomancer' never got beyond the 'coming soon' stage so there is basically nothing to play.

If your having problems getting 'Flash" files to play properly, simply put 'Flash Player' into Google and follow the returns to the Macromedia Download site to get the most recent player....

Hope this helps.....

AJK
There are but 2 rules in this realm:-
1) He who sees first is the winner...
2) He who is seen first is toast...
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Re: Knightmare pc game / Anglia Gold

Post by Illusion »

I've been told that Anglia TV site will probably be closing down in a few weeks, and this includes the Anglia Gold section. This probably has something to do with the re-structuring of ITV1 and abandoning regional identities/websites.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

So does that mean that their will be no official KM site anymore or will this one then become an official site?

On the subject of the official KM site it takes ages and lots of refreshing for it to display properly. Does anyone else find that?
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

There has never really been an offical Knightmare website, but nearest after Anglia Gold is probably www.televirtual.com for updates on Knightmare VR.
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

What sort of umber pc? a 20 zillion GB one by any chance (well maybe not quite that 'umber'). Anyway how do you get emulators like an Amiga one to work on the pc? Do you have to connect an Amiga to it? My dad got rid of all ours yonks ago, when we got our first pc because 1. he said we wouldn't use it again as we didn't need it and the pc games were better. 2. He had recently got a new tele as our other one had gone on the blink which he thought was caused by the Amiga, as we had been running it through our tv. He also didn't want to invest in a monitor for it either. Man how I missed those Amiga's and those games that I used to play on them :'(. I still miss them now though sometimes :'(. Parting from them was a big loss, like losing Knightmare :'(.
I know that, as an Amiga 1200 and Amiga emulator owner, that a fairly meaty PC is needed...about 1Ghz should do.

You don't need an Amiga, but it would have helped... :(

www.winuae.net and www.back2roots.org would satisfy most of your Amiga needs, but the big stumbling block is usually how to get one of the 'ROM' files.

Legally, since you don't have an Amiga (what was your Dad thinking, throwing them all away?! Did he not play Sensible Soccer? But I digress.), it would be best to get Amiga Forever 5 from Clotanto (you can find it on Google, if I've spelt it correctly). Illegally, I wouldn't know. I'm a saint, you see. ::)

Eventually, you might get a virtual working Amiga 1200 with OS 3.9 installed, get the Knightmare game of the Knightmare website, only to find it isn't very good. D'oh! Still, there's always Zool... ::)

The best Knightmare game is that Dark Talisman one I've yet to complete (I need to visit Patrick Moore and ask him where the a******* c****** is (just not to ruin other people's enjoyment of it, I've helpfully censored most of this). Shame there's no flashy action sequences though (I expect a lot, I know...)
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

There has never really been an offical Knightmare website, but nearest after Anglia Gold is probably www.televirtual.com for updates on Knightmare VR.
I must say Illusion... This is a good enough website to know about it. I always turned to this site. The others were tacky...  ;)
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Fan
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Fan »

You can?!  ;D Yippee! Now I only need a playstation 2 and Knightmare dvd....
I alredy have my PS2 so Now I just have to wait for the Knightmare DVD!
knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by knightmaredave »

i never worked out the amioga game it was too hard!!! anyone i only got into the 2nd rrom fould a ball and a truck and a troll that was it gave up!!! too hard!!!
knightmaredave
Amorya
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Amorya »

i never worked out the amioga game it was too hard!!! anyone i only got into the 2nd rrom fould a ball and a truck and a troll that was it gave up!!! too hard!!!
Back when I had an Atari ST (many years ago - I was about 11) I managed to get right up to the fourth quest. (There were four quests in the game). Alas, I never completed it - the reason being that I didn't have enough food with me in the last quest, and it was hard to find in the dungeon.

I've got a copy on an Atari emulator somewhere, but alas I don't have my original copy any more (my dad gave our Atari away). That means I don't have the printed map that went with the game - which was a lot of help.

Amorya
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

(Welcome aboard, btw.)  You can find links a JPEG of the map on Illusion's site somewhere.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.