The Eye Shield Issue 53

A dedicated section for The Eye Shield fanzine.
Eyeshield
Inoperative

The Eye Shield Issue 53

Post by Eyeshield »

Go to the "New Issues" index page in the "Eye Shield" section of the website, or straight to www.knightmare.com/tes/issue53 to view the new issue.

Remember, post your comments here!
Last edited by Eyeshield on 01 Sep 2008, 08:53, edited 1 time in total.
This account is disabled.
My new account is TheOldenDays
Ironlord
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:The Eye Shield Issue 53

Post by Ironlord »

Following that post I made a minute ago for issue 51, did anyone read my Life Force Clocks Reconsidered article?

That took a lot of time and scrupulous analysis to the point of OCD to be able to write...
I am Granitas of legend. MY NAME IS NOT AMUSING!
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Re: The lifeforce clock

I don't think I was ever under the impression that the lifeforce clock was continually running. Nor that spending any period of time in a room actually affected it.

I had actually never assumed they had the whole animation. Only one for the beginning of green, one for amber, one for red and one for dead. And that it decreased by one stage on entering each room.

I think the problem with having the clock done in a"real time" (or at least an approximation), which the article seems to suggest is desirable, is that it'd take forever to actually show any changes to the clock. You'd probably have to wait a full 30 seconds to see even one part of the face (knight/pie) disappear.
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

I always enjoy the atmosphere created by the first life force clock, a big part of which is thanks to the heartbeat sound, and although I'm personally not really bothered about the fact that the life force clock really had no practical use, I can understand the point of view that if they're going to bother to include the thing, they should make it do what it says on the tin.
This account is disabled.
My new account is TheOldenDays