My Artical Is Up.

A dedicated section for The Eye Shield fanzine.
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: My Artical Is Up.

Post by Skarkill »

Oh him, He always reminded me of Dr.Who mark 6 aka Colin Baker.

Another anoying Git.
It's The Irons For You. LOVELY
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Edward Tudor-Pole, second-best host of The Crystal Maze, member of Ten Pole Tudor, actor, and annoying git.

And my number one reason why Knightmare is better than THe Crystal Maze.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

I have an 80s compilation CD with a song on it by Ten Pole Tudor (ETP's band) called 'Swords Of A Thousand Men'. But I think there are more men than that  - and women, and animals - wishing to brandish blades at him. I suggest we let Richard O'Brien jump ahead in the queue.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

I have an 80s compilation CD with a song on it by Ten Pole Tudor (ETP's band) called 'Swords Of A Thousand Men'.
Oh, you poor thing. I've got it on a compilation too. I guess that's the only way most sane people would get to own it, since it is, quite frankly, crap. My opinion.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

I don't know what the song is like - I always feel compelled to skip it. I saw a few seconds of Ten Pole Tudor on Top Of The Pops 2 once - that was more than enough for me to form an opinion.

What's more, on the official Crystal Maze video, there is a scene at the end where Richard O'Brien (or rather, a stunt hand from a figure off-camera) pens a farewell/hand-over letter to Mr. Tudor-Pole.
Last edited by Drassil on 05 Jan 2004, 02:39, edited 1 time in total.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

I don't see a similarity between Ed Tudor Pole and Colin Baker, for I like the latter, not the former, in fact have acted with the latter.  Very nice man is Colin.

Anyway, I recall Ten Tudor etc....I wish I didn't, but I do, and I too once owned, well my dad once owned a tape with sme of that material on it.  Euch.

It was a pity Richard chose to leave when he did.
Last edited by Kieran on 05 Jan 2004, 02:08, edited 1 time in total.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

It's exactly two years since I spotted a cheap harmonica in a newsagent, bought it, and started teaching myself. I had Mary Had A Little Lamb nailed down, so to speak, within half an hour. My talent is questionable, but my repertoire is still increasing. However, I will never come close to the panache with which Richard O'Brien used to lean against the wall of the Medieval Zone, and, heedless of the fuss the team was making in the background over the latest challenge, play on his harmonica. Masterful.   ;D
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

I don't see a similarity between Ed Tudor Pole and Colin Baker, for I like the latter, not the former, in fact have acted with the latter.  Very nice man is Colin.
I don't dought Colin is a nice man in real life.

I ment that his portraly as Doctor Who was just like Ed Tudor Pole presenting The Crystal Maze.

It shouldn't of happaned. His Doctor always sucedes in windeing me up, He is such an arragont git & the less said about his outfit the better. I have tryed to watch some of his episoeds because my dad like his Doctor and I do try and look for good points but I always end up wanting to strangle the Doctor.

I got nothing aginst Colin Baker the actor or Colin Baker the person, Just aginst his version of the Doctor.
It's The Irons For You. LOVELY