Greetings

New members are very welcome to introduce themselves here.
DragonsBeHere
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Greetings

Post by DragonsBeHere »

Hello, pleasure to meet you. I am DragonsBeHere, but you can call me Dragon.
I am a teenager, and neither of my parents watched Knightmare, so how do I know about it?
Easy, I time travelled from the 90’s to the future watched the reruns on Challenge as a young kid. I have only vague memories, and none at all from series 8 (although my research indicates that may be a good thing).

Random thought, but did anyone else find that when the teams waved goodbye after dismissed, their eyes looked kinda strange. Maybe it was my incredibly overactive imagination, but it almost looked like they had their souls sucked out…
No, it was my imagination.

If anyone could give me recommendations on which threads to join in with, that would be great.
Thanks for having me,
Dragon
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re: Greetings

Post by Drassil »

Welcome to the forum. It would have been great just to have an online fan community of people who watched Knightmare on Children's ITV in the '80s and '90s, but to have younger generations of Knightmare fans is even better. Thank you for watching and thank you for joining.

After 18 years of this forum, it can be difficult even for old-timers like me to keep track of all the threads. You're most welcome to start new threads on any Knightmare topic you like, even they turn out to have been discussed before. Have fun!
Mashibinbin
Staff
Staff

Post by Mashibinbin »

Hi there from another definite old timer - I turn 40 next year and probably not significantly wiser.

Over the last 18 years there's been some real highs from this community that have have helped me in some very troubling times and I hope you enjoy your time and decide to stay here.

As has been said you can say what you say and it may have been said already but not said by you so it's still new, know what I'm saying? ;)

If you have any questions, views or just the need to post the word poo on a forum feel free to do what suits you best and above all enjoy yourself.
DragonsBeHere
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by DragonsBeHere »

Thank you for such a warm welcome, I can’t wait to start contributing.
Who knows what lurks in uncharted waters...
EvelynMason
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by EvelynMason »

Welcome to our messageboard, always good to see new names whether you recall the original series or not. We all share the same interest and enthusiasm for what was once - and remains - a great show.

I'm in the older bracket if you can call it where remember and watched the original run from late 80's / early 90's. Yes it provides a certain advantage over the younger generation in that you were a part of it but re-runs
on Freeview are few and far between now and Youtube can be problematic if you're on a Pay as you Go contract.