2015 Update

The online live-action fantasy RPG produced by Alan Boyd
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

2015 Update

Post by Mystara »

H'lo all,

A couple of people have asked me about this recently and it occurred to me that although those involved are (hopefully) fairly up-to-date, there may be a whole bunch of other interested people who may be wondering what happened to this.

In short, it's very close to completion.
We have a dungeon comprising 54 rooms. The rooms are fully modelled, rendered, and textured. You can walk around in them and there are a bunch of obstacles. We can dynamically edit large parts of the rooms. We have a number of spells, a primitive combat system, and well, yeah. Pretty much everything you need. All in all, over 18,000 lines of code have been written.

What I'm completing at the moment is the scripting of the rooms so that the puzzles will actually work. The majority of this is now done and I'm hoping to have the remainder finished by the end of the year. Thereafter, there are a few little nicknacks to complete and then we just need to test the thing.

We also have a handful of actors that have spent the last couple of years developing and putting together a small collection of characters to inhabit the dungeon. We have a fairly large set of stories and possible quests and we've been meeting up about once a month to try things out, put scenes together and so on.

During all of this, we've also done a little bit of test filming. Some of it has (annoyingly) had to be discarded. Other bits are being put together to show off the new engine that we're using.

Hopefully we'll have some more news in the not-too-distant future. So watch this space.
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Re: 2015 Update

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Sounds like a lot of effort has gone into this. I'm looking forward to seeing this come to fruition. :)
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.