Current popularity of VR

For all discussion and ideas for bringing back classic Knightmare.
s4t8brett
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Current popularity of VR

Post by s4t8brett »

VR seems to be mass-arriving with retail customers over the next few years, and yet there is no sign that the KM production team is working on the promised VR version of KM with multiple advisers. I guess this could be because they have tried, or are trying, and no TV channel is interested. Or it could be that they're keeping it secret until it's ready. But equally multi-user VR could bypass the format entirely.

Seems that the 2013 special was aimed at a relaunch for adults, which didn't succeed. With the original KM VR not being well received either, I would guess that the current emergence of VR over the next, what, 3-5 years, is the very last opportunity for KM to return.

Not a particular fan of experiencing VR headsets myself, I must admit.
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re: Current popularity of VR

Post by wombstar »

I don't really know whow KM in VR can work, who would be wearing the headsets? or maybe the Dungeoneers will no longer be blind ?

So far modern tech hasn't really made any impact or improvements on Knightmare, other than maybe quickness. Even the CGI rooms and effects look worse then how they once were. It seems the old school appearance of blue screen and paintings is still the best format.

Knightmare VR would have to really change the format and style of game play. Then it wouldn't be Knightmare anymore.
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in