Knightmare on DVD

For all discussion and ideas for bringing back classic Knightmare.
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Re: Knightmare on DVD

Post by Pickle123 »

sorry, i nearly lost the plot there,good point.

the new version being devloped now would be a grand buy for challenge *cough*ITV*cough*. the DVD would also generate more interest in knightmare. In fact, what better way of advrtising their new series than bringing out the old ones on DVD? they make money + people remember knightmare. double win for them & us!
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please
Trial_by_Spikes
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Trial_by_Spikes »

A reshowing of "Virtually Impossible" may also help.
Oh look there's J.G. Ballard in a burnt-out fridge with a spitfire pilot.
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

you know if VI gets a DVD release and KM doesn't there's gonna be a vigilanty group from the forums at your door ;D

beamrider2600
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by beamrider2600 »

VI is the work of the devil!!
..........................lets go ride some BEAMS!!
Trial_by_Spikes
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

I'll take you all on. Spellcasting G-O-H-O-M-E.
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

Spellcasting "F U"  ::)

jus kiddin mate, i'm just saying the release of knightmare is a higher board priority id imagine

Trial_by_Spikes
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Steady on.
RoxxAatherton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by RoxxAatherton »

How About someone starting up a petition? (Perhaps in conjuction with the Bring Back Knightmare petition) I think the DVD (or VHS for those not yet 'with it'!) maker people would be happier to produce a DVD (or Video) of the previous seasons if they knew how many people were interested and would buy it if released.
Foxxy Roxxy
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

How About someone starting up a petition? (Perhaps in conjuction with the Bring Back Knightmare petition) I think the DVD (or VHS for those not yet 'with it'!) maker people would be happier to produce a DVD (or Video) of the previous seasons if they knew how many people were interested and would buy it if released.
It's definitely true that both the DVD maker people (I can't think of a better term to describe them either) and Granada Media would need convincing of the demand. In that sense a specific DVD petition would be a useful thing to point to. At the same time, the BBK petition is still pretty relevant, and the fact that the show has such a dedicated fanbase must count for something. One thing Tim Child pointed out was that Granada were concerned that unauthorised and illegal trading in KM episodes had limited the potential market for a DVD release. (I'd have to also say that the KM episodes being uploaded onto the web will not help matters here- while people may say "we'd buy a DVD for the better quality etc. anyway", I can understand why Granada would think that such unauthorised access would quell the chances of a release being successful.) It's a case of not having your cake and eating it, really: episodes for download and such may help people's demand in the short term, but in the long term it reduces the chance of an authorised, official release, with extras. (The legality of copying and such if of course important too!)

I've thought quite a lot about ways to make a release feasible and marketable. I won't go into details, but I do think it's plausible. One real issue seems to be about who needs to make the running with this. Tim Child doesn't have the rights to the episodes (plus the small matter of having a company to run). Granada seem quite warm to the idea but aren't sure if it'll sell, and don't seem sufficiently enthusiastic on their own to do it. They may also want to hive out the process to another company. DVD making people don't seem prepared to make any headway without knowing from the start that Granada are sufficiently interested. It all seems a bit chicken and egglike to me, since no one of the interested parties has sufficient interest, resources and will to run with the idea.

But despite those thoughts, it's got to be possible. *wears optimistic face*
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

but the thing is, without the dvd i have no choice but to turn to thingds like download.

the quicker they move their arses the better their chances

GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

It's another chicken and egg situation, really. It's easy for us to blame Granada for the fact that illegal methods proliferate. Equally it's easy for Granada to blame the existence of the illegal copies and such for the caution to release it officially.

"You can't have your cake and eat the sweet thing too
But that kind of understanding isn't good enough for you."
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

Tim Child is not against DVD releases, remember.  Carry on putting the stuff on the net, Granada will just say 'forget it' to the DVD effort, and we won't get any releases and we won't get any extra etc.

I also do not believe any petition will change their minds.  It is, however, my opinion, that if the online eps continue, DVD release is going to get less likely.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

well here's another way of looking at it which is basicly the same as that of pirate tapes being distributed.

who would go to the trouble of obtaining pirate tapes or downloading eps that wouldnt fork out for an official release?

also, the only people who are downloading are contained to this site really and thats only because i can't see them on challenge. it's not my fault i don't have cable/sky. it's not my fault they havent been released on DVD. it's not my fault im desperate to see them again BUT, im almost certain there is noone on this forum that wouldn't buy the DVD's. and since the eps are basicly confined here...see where im going with this.

Seriously, if it means so much i'll stop downloading and wait for DVD's but then i'll just get annoyed at my lack of contribution to site discussion and REALLY annoyed when for some other reason they don't release the DVD's anyway >:(

basicly. it will happen. it will happen soon and if it doesn't i may just have to explode :)

RoxxAatherton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by RoxxAatherton »

basicly. it will happen. it will happen soon and if it doesn't i may just have to explode :)
Oh Please don't sweetie, we don't want elf trails everywhere!

And perhaps we shouldn't start up a petetion, more of a 'If you bring out a DVD, the following people would be almost certain to buy it' type-thing, which I thinks a bit less agressive!

Have A Nice Day! ;D
Foxxy Roxxy
RoxxAatherton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by RoxxAatherton »

I'm replying to my own reply here, but anyway...

There's a massive (well perhaps that's a little too generous) market for a Knightmare DVD, not just from those who have already taped every episode and just want to upgrade their existing Km collection, but also for those Knewbies, like me who were a little too young to work the video recorder back then and so have none of the early and later series, also think about the poor peeps that dont even have challenge? tv and cant see Km at all, especially if they wanna be good little peeps and not use illegal or 'legal if they turn a blind eye' methods, what are they supposed to do?

I would pay up to around £30 for a Km DVD considering there are 8 seasons on it and (fingers Xed) a load of extras and how about some signed postcards of the cast as an Xtra special feature - or am i getting a little too sad?
Foxxy Roxxy