Knightmare on DVD

For all discussion and ideas for bringing back classic Knightmare.
Jericho6
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re: Knightmare on DVD

Post by Jericho6 »

What happened to the 's'? What happens if you just type snig-ger?

Test: snigger
If 'exclude' is the opposite of 'include', then what's the opposite of 'increment'?
Jericho6
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Jericho6 »

Oh well, you could always say "chuckle" or "chortle" or something :/
If 'exclude' is the opposite of 'include', then what's the opposite of 'increment'?
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Oh well, you could always say "chuckle" or "chortle" or something :/
But it's a matter of principle now!
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
MPK
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by MPK »

As Treguard enjoyed the fan so much they decided to get one installed for every season! The first was called "Pickle" and the second was called "Majilda"!

I would also like to know how much eyeliner Treguard wore in season 3? I think hes gr8 and everything, but he cant really do "the stare" with so much eyeliner!
Once again returning... and once again going just as fast!
http://www.abadeducation.com
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

As Treguard enjoyed the fan so much they decided to get one installed for every season! The first was called "Pickle" and the second was called "Majilda"!
Well, with Clifford Norgate's unfortunate appearance on tape during Series 3 Episode 7, they decided a professional was needed to fan Hugo full-time, and David Learner's celebrity fanning credentials were second only to those of Dame Judi Dench, who fans her American co-stars in all those millions of movies she appears in each week.

People have often questioned why Tim Child didn't get Dame Judi to do the job. Obviously, she was too expensive, but no-one ever cites the real reasons why her services couldn't be bought even after Velda's costly acting lessons had ceased:
a) The effects of the new Eye Shield were not achieved via video trickery, but were in fact absolutely real. Tim Child personally bought this rare artifact from a group of aliens who came to sign up "La Grimwold" for their own intergalactic soap opera, after admiring his efforts the previous year.
b) The production team had to bribe all the tabloid newspapers not to run big stories asking why La Grimwold was not to feature in the new series. Obviously, "she" was the star, and the public were outraged she was gone. Only a third of the programme budget saved it from a media backlash and the true intergalactic story from being revealed.

So they got David Learner to do it instead. Between takes he'd frantically fan Hugo, who was apparently becoming a stern taskmaster. The fame and thousands of adoring female fans following him around every day had visibly changed him, and Learner had to fan with all his being to avoid the wrath of Hugo "The Diva" Myatt. He also had to attend to Hugo's makeup (which as a result was distinctly less orange) and regular beard-combing.  

Yes, they could have saved all the hassle by putting the fire out, but nobody thought of it at the time. It always seems much easier in hindsight.  
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I had a quick look at Jason Karls' new company website lastnight and couldn't help wandering if his company could make an offer to put Knightmare onto dvd (thats if they haven't already done so)
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Fan
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Fan »

Who do you think has the best chance of putting Knightmare on DVD?
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

I would say that Granada Media are the most likely candidates, for two reasons.

(1) They already have the rights to Km, so there is no need for complex (and costly) negotiations to procure them.

(2) We now have it on very good authority that GM are now very interested in doing a DVD release.
Subject to change.
Fan
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Fan »

I never knew that at all.  Have they said anything about Knightmare DVD's recently? I hope that they release all Knightmare on to DVD.  Do you think they will release all 8 series? I think owning a Knightmare DVD would be better than TV repeats because you can watch it whenever you feel like.
Last edited by Fan on 19 May 2003, 21:17, edited 1 time in total.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I think owning a Knightmare DVD would be better than TV repeats because you can watch it whenever you feel like.
:-X Just don't tell Challenge? that ;D
Fan
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Fan »

:-X Just don't tell Challenge? that ;D
Yes they would disagree straight away!
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

and they probably would stop showing Knightmare altogether :( :'(

and after all that trouble that we've been through to get them to buy and show another series
Last edited by MoanaLiza on 19 May 2003, 22:03, edited 1 time in total.
Fan
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Fan »

Would they even to that if a DVD set does come out?
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

if a DVD only set came out what one of us wouldnt get it?

seriously, even those with full taped video sets and those without DVD players would probably get it.

now i'd imagine the numbers of "casual" viewers of knightmare (I.e- dont tune in every broadcast) are lots less than other programmes due to its "cult" nature and so with a DVD set in the hands of every fan their viewing figures may well drop enough to leave them no choice but to drop knightmare. But to be honest. when the DVD's do come out (THEY WILL! THEY WILL I TELL YOU!" who would care if challenge canceled Knightmare.

I've been stressed at cable/sky since first we met...

sci-fi show knightmare
I get Cable
Before ive seen ONE EPISODE knightmare is canceled
I stop having cable
Challenge? show Knightmare

don't get me wrong. im happy for all you guys with challenge? and am grateful for your sake they're showing it but the world needs a DVD release...and if it doesn't, then i do (and that should be reason enough)  ;D
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Well, I've never had Sky and I never even knew Km was repeated on Sci-Fi! Had I known, I would have pestered my family to get it - but I didn't because we didn't have Sky, so it didn't occur to me to look in the listings. Vicious circle!

From what Bananaman has said in "A Final Word On Knightmare" it seems that Challenge are interested in the new series of Km being developed (even going so far as to name "early next year" as a possible time for transmission). So, if a Km DVD comes out, Challenge may lose viewers of the old series, but will retain them all for the new series (and gain a few in the process if I have my own way at home!)
Subject to change.