Knightmare DVD- Email these people?

For all discussion and ideas for bringing back classic Knightmare.
malibupete
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Knightmare DVD- Email these people?

Post by malibupete »

The BBC sitcom Joking Apart has just been released on DVD, after a small company took it upon themselves to get it sorted. They're now looking for other projects. Quoting the website:

"Have your say on the DVD's you've been itching to see for years. We can all think of quality shows like Joking Apart that just never seem to see the light of day. Maybe it's because they fall into a cult, niche market so publishers are too nervous to take a chance on them, but sometimes there just seems to be no logical reason for it. With your help, Replay wants to do something about that. So please, send in your suggestions and help us to help you."

Maybe Knightmare's a little too niche, maybe it isn't. Maybe it'd be possible, maybe it wouldn't.

But isn't it worth a try? If you think it is, drop an email to box@replaydvd.co.uk. I know I will be :)
Billy
Knight
Knight

Re:Knightmare DVD- Email these people?

Post by Billy »

Yep, I've seen this site, and also considered suggesting KM to them.

Let's face it, when was the last time any company released a DVD of a gameshow? This could be the answer we're looking for!
TuragaNuju
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by TuragaNuju »

Mailed and then some.

(Dont forget to lay on the flattery!!!!) :'(
Treguard: "Ooh.. nasty. Still, We Can Have A Toilet Break Now - I'm Bursting!"
JoeGrocottJames
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by JoeGrocottJames »

I've emailed these people. Illusion, I think this perhaps warrants a note on the front page of the main site in the Knews section to get as many people as possible to email them. Incidentally, I got a standard automated reply from them:

"Thank-you for your suggestion for a series for DVD release. Unlike other DVD publishers, Replay does not wish to expand to the point where it is a massive player in the market. We believe that staying small scale will enable us to stay faithful to our founding philosophies. However, the downside of that is that our catalogue will remain relatively modest, so consequently any suggestion will have to be considered very carefully before we could ever act upon it. Naturally, that means that your suggestion may not make it to Replay's production schedule, but at least you can be certain that it was carefully considered. Thanks again."
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

Yes, I got that response from them too (e-mailed them months ago). Get more people emailing them!
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.