ps2 game

For all discussion and ideas for bringing back classic Knightmare.
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re: ps2 game

Post by DavidNewton »

The best way to make a Knightmare game currently would probably be in the isometric adventure/action game format, like Gold Yard (see the thread with the same title).

I would attempt to make one, as I have a few ideas for Knightmare-style obstacles that would work in it, but I don't think I could do the graphics justice.
Far beyond the rising sun, I ride the wings of fate... prepared to go where my heart belongs - back to the past again!
Fan
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Fan »

I hope they do make a Knightmare game.  It would be amazing.
Trial_by_Spikes
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Trial_by_Spikes »

I'm well up for helping anyone brave enough to attempt to make a KM game. Get in touch - bencottam6@hotmail.com
Oh look there's J.G. Ballard in a burnt-out fridge with a spitfire pilot.
Trial_by_Spikes
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

I'm well up for helping anyone brave enough to attempt to make a KM game. Get in touch - bencottam6@hotmail.com
Trial_by_Spikes
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DavidNewton »

Wow, triple post.

I could give it a try in MMFusion if you're decent with/willing to help with graphics, and I'll also need some decent sounds to make it more authentic.

When I get some time I'll experiment around with making a Knightmare game - probably along the same lines as Gold Yard, but sticking more closely to the Knightmare elements (causeways, spellcasting, etc).
Far beyond the rising sun, I ride the wings of fate... prepared to go where my heart belongs - back to the past again!
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

I believe that TeleVirtual intend to eventually have any gaming system used on their shows to be online. In the case of Km, you'd be able to explore the same dungeon used on tv!  :D
Subject to change.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

I believe that TeleVirtual intend to eventually have any gaming system used on their shows to be online. In the case of Km, you'd be able to explore the same dungeon used on tv!  :D
Internet gaming is a big thing now, and there's a lot of money in good pay-to-play internet games. I know they've stated having an internet gaming tie-in as a likely avenue with TimeGate, to help subsidise the show itself as I recall. However, I don't think I've heard it mentioned specifically with regard to Knightmare, at least not yet.  
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

If series 9 is going to be a children's programme (by classification at least) then a pay-per-play online gaming system might not be appropriate. Perhaps it will be free, sponsored by the tv channel showing the series.
Subject to change.
Gerz
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: ps2? why not PC?

Post by Gerz »

ps2 isnt good, i think maybe the best way would put it on for PC. With Microphones compatible to the pc it is possible to use the mic to direct a AI dungeoneer (even though it would be hard to program). I thought that before you start for controls you say a certain word such as sidestep left and that is store, so when playing the game if you say 'sidestep left' then the AI will sidestep left. It sounds complex but its the only real way to experience how Knightmare felt for the lucky people who actually got to go into the dungeon.
The Microphone won't work, many times they have tried to make gmaes with microphones, and they don't work.
The game usually has problems understanding different accents, Like the Yorkshire, West Welsh, Brummie. Also people with speech problems won't be able to enjoy the game.

I would imgine the game being like you are an advisor controling then dungeonere with the buttons you press, myself, kinda like a 3rd person or RPG veiw point.
I Love Goblins
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

Lets not forget that Tim Chuld was actually going to bring out a Knightmare game back in 1995/6, and would have done if only the series had continued.  The thought has been there before, so it is more than possible i the future, and with all the new technology, and a seeming large market for KM, what games producers would pass it by?
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Yeah! You've got the right idea... I mentioned a computer evaluated version of KNIGHTMARE in the "General Knightmare Discussion" under "Knightmare Games" That would be cooler still on a console, but the downside would be the control layout, I mean, it was hard enough playing "Broken Sword" on Playstation
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Danbo_Daxter
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Danbo_Daxter »

You could have an online game, with people voluteering to be advisors or dungeoneers. Yes, put it on PC, due to the bonus of microphones and built-in Internet access. I would buy it, in fact I'm SURE such a game exists already... *nudgenudgewinkwink* Why play with AI when you can play with like-minded people!
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Yeah!

Actually, I believe (I could be wrong) that some of the characters in TimeGate will be driven by Artificial Intelligence programs, as opposed to real people.
Subject to change.
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DavidNewton »

Danbo: Welcome to the board. It's amazing that with your first post, you've come up with the best idea on this thread yet.

Start as you mean to go on!