Re:Channel 5

For all discussion and ideas for bringing back classic Knightmare.
Fear
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Channel 5

Post by Fear »

Got thinking if we wanted new episodes of Knightmare surely Channel 5 would be the best bet.

They are always up for new ideas and could aim it at both adults and children.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Channel 5

Post by HStorm »

Well, FIVE have been approached on the subject a number of times in the past, Fear, by fans and T'Virtual alike apparently. They've just not been interested so far. But who knows? They might already be in negotiations.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Fear
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Fear »

Well, FIVE have been approached on the subject a number of times in the past, Fear, by fans and T'Virtual alike apparently. They've just not been interested so far. But who knows? They might already be in negotiations.
Right ok so has anyone  any idea of if any channel has been approached for a new series? i've just read the article on http://www.televirtual.com/news04.htm but no idea about who may show it.
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

I have the feeling FIVE would be rather unwilling to comit to KM, with the costs etc  They prefer to settle on cheap soaps and a selection of b-movies.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

To be honest, I'm supposing some more work needs to go on before anyone starts seriously thinking about which channel if would show on.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Brangwen
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Brangwen »

Channel 5 isn't an English/britihs channel which may be the reason, and they DON'T have that much money.
HeathclifftheBard
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by HeathclifftheBard »

Kieran wrote: I have the feeling FIVE would be rather unwilling to comit to KM, with the costs etc  They prefer to settle on cheap soaps and a selection of b-movies.
;D
Although they did "buy" robot wars from bbc2. I think they'd be stupid to pass the chance of showing a new series of KM. As everyone on these forums would think. Wibble, wibble. Goodbye.
Hee hee hee!! Copernicus!!
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Channel 4?

Post by MoanaLiza »

What about Channel 4 or even BBC2? Probably Channel 4 or T4 though! That's just what I think.
Last edited by Anonymous on 01 May 2004, 22:24, edited 1 time in total.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
thecrystaldaze
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by thecrystaldaze »

i hope it dosn't come onto channel 5, not just because it's got a rather bad name but also because not everyone has got channel 5. It would look more class on channel 4
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

Channel five has actually come on in leaps and bounds over the past couple fo years. No longer does it show programmes like 'Naked Jungle' (eek!), but instead shows ones like CSI, Law & Order, Michael Jackson's face (alright, not ALL of top-quality thinking, but still entertaining). Plus, it did show Fort Boyard.

Added to that the fact Channel 4 is in a rut (except for Ramsay's Kitchen nightmare's!), and five would be alright for showing Knightmare.
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
thecrystaldaze
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by thecrystaldaze »

That would be very unfair as loads of people don'y even have 5. (i do)
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

Good thing digital TV is making headway, though. the more the public get those Freeview boxes (or pay Rupert Murdoch an arm and a leg), the better.
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
thecrystaldaze
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by thecrystaldaze »

I used to watch robot wars on bbc 2 but don't watch it anymore because it's on 5, donno why. So what makes you think people would watch knightmare on a different channel?
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Well why not?

For one thing, Robot Wars has been on regularly for over five years now, so it's no big deal for people to watch it. KM on the other hand hasn't been on terrestrial for ten years, so it'll make a nice change for people to be able to watch it again. They won't be picky about it being on a different channel.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
thecrystaldaze
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by thecrystaldaze »

HStorm wrote: Well why not?

For one thing, Robot Wars has been on regularly for over five years now, so it's no big deal for people to watch it. KM on the other hand hasn't been on terrestrial for ten years, so it'll make a nice change for people to be able to watch it again. They won't be picky about it being on a different channel.
the reason i don't watch robot wars anymore is because there's so many adverts. Plus when Robot Wars went over to 5 the rating were nothing like they used to be.