Edinburgh meetup?

A place to discuss public real-life meetups.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Edinburgh meetup?

Post by Mystara »

Hello,

This isn't to detract from other meetups that are being planned. However, I was wondering if there would be much interest in a meetup in Edinburgh. Perhaps next year some time?

My reason for asking is that there hasn't really been a meetup north of the border, and Edinburgh has a lot to offer Knightmare-minded people (including castles, underground cities, caves and so on). Further afield there's substantially more.

Obviously, however, it probably takes longer for people to travel to.

I realise that this will be dependent on what time of year it is and what the costs are likely to be. At the moment I'm just looking to see whether there's a sufficient number of people who are *potentially* interested and would be prepared to travel that far.

Thoughts?
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Edinburgh meetup?

Post by HStorm »

Well in fact, there was a meetup (of sorts) in Glasgow for making the first audio play, so the cupboard isn't completely bare. But yeah, it could do with a bit more, and Edinburgh's the ideal spot.
Snowcat
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Snowcat »

I live just outside Stirling and could easily hop a train or drive into the city.

Just a case of getting time off work. :)
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

Sounds like a nice idea to me. I am up and about the Scotlandshire parts every so often (right now, in fact :D ). Much to do in Edinburgh to make it a fun trip.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Seems like there's the possibility of a small meetup.
NeilJones
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by NeilJones »

I could be interested in partaking (he says, wandering in an entire week after the last post was made, which is nothing new really).

Due to the distance involved (for me anyway, best part of a six hour tootle up the motorway, a journey of nearly 250 miles (which includes diversions, getting lost and getting lost some more)) I would have to suggest a weekend of some sort, to make it worthwhile. I'm not prepared to go all that way, to say hey to some people, hopefully talk a lot more than I did at Blackpool and have the entire "bit in Edinburgh" portion over with in less than 12hrs. No, I'd rather make it worth my while and hopefully get two, maybe three days out of it.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

There is, of course, also the option of flying (1 hour) or getting the train (4 hours from London)

A few people have said it's very far. I can't say I'm all that convinced :)