Knightmare Audio Series: Summer Special 2017

Knightmare inspired creations from the community.
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Knightmare Audio Series: Summer Special 2017

Post by GranitasIsCute »

Our Summer Special for 2017 is now available to listen to, on our website at http://knightmareaudioseries.webs.com or on our YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDZzUX1 ... e=youtu.be.

Can our latest team of adventurers conquer the dungeon and retrieve the Sword from under the threatening glare of Malice?

Listen to find out!
TheOldenDays
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re: Knightmare Audio Series: Summer Special 2017

Post by TheOldenDays »

It's another episode that was well worth the effort of digging into the very last untapped depths of Knightmare (both the programme and the books) and of our brains in order to produce. The team sounds wonderful, particularly Finton, as Antony Rowe's natural sound and style bring the character to life perfectly.

My personal highlights in this one are Hordriss's job interview, Finton's goblin voice, the Fatilla scene at the wellway, the exchange between Malice and Lissard, and Play Your Cards Right.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

I've only just had a chance to listen to this. I enjoyed the use of Sir Tobias from the gamebooks, and the scene with Rothberry was very amusing! (I always love Ross' impressions of him.) Also liked the Oracle, the use of the first spell, and all the fun of characters sharing scenes when they never did in the show. I do hope poor Ariadne will be OK...! And the ending pleased me. :)

Thank you once again for everything you do to keep us entertained, audio team!
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by GranitasIsCute »

Thanks, Canadanne! Really pleased you enjoyed the episode, and thank you for your compliment about my Rothberry! :D
TheOldenDays
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by TheOldenDays »

We've had a lot of fun making the series over the past 8 years, but what do I really think of it? Find out now in Jake's Throwback Reviews!

Episode: Specials 2, Episode 3
Original Release Date: 24th June 2017
Throwback Review Date: 21st February 2018
Score: 5 out of 5 (brilliant)

The Good: I've been enjoying listening to this batch of specials a great deal, but I think this one is actually my favourite of the four. The Knightmare homage is top-notch throughout and I laughed in several places. The team members all sound absolutely excellent, particularly Antony Rowe's marvellous piece of method acting as Finton and Melissa Chatterton's superb debut as Olivia. The build-up to Lord Fear's reappearance (with Lissard as harbinger) remains rather striking, which is good.

The (Not Really) Bad: I find the background ambience ever so slightly excessive in a couple of places, but that really is the only thing I can think of to put in this section.

Conclusion: It doesn't get any better than this, which is by no means a bad thing in this case.