Knightmare - The New Age

Knightmare inspired creations from the community.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Knightmare - The New Age

Post by Fidjit »

Great work though, lads... ;)
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
DarkComet
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DarkComet »

Now then now then now then!!!

Exams are OVER baby. Four more weeks of college, then glorious 6 weeks holiday. C'est Woooo!!!

Ahem.

Anyhoo, I been hard at work on my first game, The Return of Frank Malone, but I'm gonna be turning my attention in the coming weeks to Knightmare: The New Age. As we speak, I'm drafting out a one level game design for a Technical Demo, showing about 6 rooms or so. A Clue Room, character room, obsticle room or two, puzzle room, ya know. Just to see what can be done in AGS.

I intend to have an original interface showing Life Force, spells, action commands, the drill. This will take some time, so an actual demo is quite far off. But check back in the next few weeks. Will see if I can get some sprites and background ideas online.
The Dunshelm Players
Audios plays and commentaries with a Knightmare flavour

The neighing and braying of farmyard animals follows
Thequietone
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Thequietone »

That's awesome, I think everybody is looking forward to this! :D

Hope to hear more about this in future
Latecomer to every interesting thread and hardly ever here, not really a forum person and not a good writer either, often misphrases or says totally the wrong thing..... forgive me people, I'm u
DarkComet
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DarkComet »

Heya folks.

Work on Frank Malone coming along nicely, and it's given me the oppertunity for a bit of Knightmare related fun.

See, in all the games in the Reality on the Norm series, there's a crazy homeless weirdo with shifting personalities who think's he's a different person each game. I thought it would be quite fun for the guy to think that he's Rothberry. It ties in nicely with the plot - you need a Hangover potion he has to revive one of the characters, and you can pay for it by stealing a golden plaque from a nearby office block.

I wanna get the characterization right though. I don't remember Rothberry very well, but I think I know enough of his character. Can anyone give me a hand? Maybe mention some memorable quotes of his so I gauge him better.

EDIT - No worries folks, got him done. In terms of KM:TNA, I'm kicking around ideas for an interface. I'm thinking one at the bottom, in the style of early LucasArts games, containing the basic commands and a Life Force Portrait.

I can do spellcasting two ways - either have the spells 'added' to a spellbook, and you open up and click on the one you want. OR, I could use a text parser and you type in the spell. I think typing would work better. It's more involving with the KM style.
Last edited by DarkComet on 23 Jul 2005, 11:18, edited 1 time in total.
The Dunshelm Players

Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

I've been playing the Reality-On-The-Norm games recently, and it reminded me about this project. How is it going? Is it overly optimistic of me to hope that it might yet be finished one day?
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

I know you've visited the forum since I made that post. Surely it's flattering that I'm taking an interest in something that others may have completely forgotten? Please, I hope you won't ignore me. :(
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Hows about the words, "Been there and we wont be coming back old fella..." :(
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
DarkComet
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DarkComet »

No, no, I'm still around. My initial ideas have now warped into the Knightmare Surrounds stories, specifically the Fire and Ice series. I still do plan on doing a KM game though, I think it could be done right. I've been using this time to get better in AGS. I think I've come on quite nicely.

Don't worry, one way or another, things will be done.
The Dunshelm Players