Knew Knightmare dungeon master?

A place to discuss Knightmare-VR, a planned revivial of Knightmare
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Knew Knightmare dungeon master?

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

I think that if Hugo Myatt wont be dungeon master again then when the new KM comes to our screens then we should all boycott it.
Hmm, I hope you're joking. I think Tim Child would try to get Hugo involved if he possibly could- he's said as much. But if for whatever reason he couldn't, I don't think boycotting the show would be very fair. In any case, I doubt the absence of a few hardened old people like us would matter much when there are millions of kidsies watching.  

I'm guessing you're joking.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Although having said that, I think I'd personally boycott it if by some freakish circumstance Edward Tudor Pole (dead or alive) was the knew Dungeon Master.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I'm still somewhat dissappointed over the fact that I am going to be losing Sky channels sooner or later meaning that I probably wont even be able to see the new KM reguardless of who is dungeon master. But I was only joking trying though. I was trying to think of something worse to put but couldn't think of anything though.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

A penny for my thoughts? I thought you'd never ask... ;)

1) Ed-Tudor Pole, for the last time, is ALIVE. Not DEAD. I saw him in a film made in 1999, a music video (Fat Les' Vindaloo) in 1998, and I've seen him since. And no doubt giving cosmic handshakes to people today.

2) For the new Dungeon Master, I thought that a curious combination of having Treguard's disembodied head (á la GamesMaster) would be knice, in a way. That way you couls still have Hugo. I mean, if Patrick Moore could still present at 75, why not Hugo?

Or you could put Pickle as the Dungeon Master! Okay, bad idea...

3) Bruce Forsyth for next Dungeon master! :D

"It's knice to see you, to see you...KNICE!"

"The clue objects are on the conveyor belt. Try to memorise them in 60 seconds...a spyglass...a potion...a dagger (audience derision noted)...an empty jar with the word humbugs....a horn...a cuddly toy! (Audience cheer)...a bar of gold..(buzzer sounds)"

And this is BEFORE I had the opportunity to talk about the 'Play Your Cards Right' game! ;D
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

I'm still somewhat dissappointed over the fact that I am going to be losing Sky channels sooner or later meaning that I probably wont even be able to see the new KM reguardless of who is dungeon master. But I was only joking trying though. I was trying to think of something worse to put but couldn't think of anything though.
Oh, good. It was late, so I couldn't quite work out whether or not you were serious. I was just ever so slightly worried one of our sensible people had been exposed to the Challenge forum for too long and been infected with the random idiocy that prevails in that God-forsaken place.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

A penny for my thoughts? I thought you'd never ask... ;)

1) Ed-Tudor Pole, for the last time, is ALIVE. Not DEAD. I saw him in a film made in 1999, a music video (Fat Les' Vindaloo) in 1998, and I've seen him since. And no doubt giving cosmic handshakes to people today.
Aww, the debate on whether he's alive is good because I have some small excuse to use my two jokes about him without having to just throw him into a conversation where he's as out of place as... well, Ed Tudor Pole was in The Crystal Maze. I remember him in the Fat Les video too. I remember watching it and not being able to work out what on earth he was doing there.
2) For the new Dungeon Master, I thought that a curious combination of having Treguard's disembodied head (á la GamesMaster) would be knice, in a way. That way you couls still have Hugo. I mean, if Patrick Moore could still present at 75, why not Hugo?

Or you could put Pickle as the Dungeon Master! Okay, bad idea...
I hope I don't even need to comment on that one, lol.
3) Bruce Forsyth for next Dungeon master! :D

"It's knice to see you, to see you...KNICE!"

"The clue objects are on the conveyor belt. Try to memorise them in 60 seconds...a spyglass...a potion...a dagger (audience derision noted)...an empty jar with the word humbugs....a horn...a cuddly toy! (Audience cheer)...a bar of gold..(buzzer sounds)"

And this is BEFORE I had the opportunity to talk about the 'Play Your Cards Right' game! ;D
LOL, that's really really good. Bruce Forsyth jokes are good, especially when allied with remarks about Ed Tudor Pole. Talking of Ed, does anyone know if he's still alive...? ;)
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

Argh! ;D

Well, he's probably alive. Unless he popped his clogs a couple of months ago. But that could apply to anyone I haven't seen for a little bit.
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

I Have been racking my brains to think of anybody who I could accept as a replacment for Hugo.

The only name I could come up with (And This is down to personal taste.) was Patrick Troughton The Second Doctor Who.
It's The Irons For You. LOVELY
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

The only name I could come up with (And This is down to personal taste.) was Patrick Troughton The Second Doctor Who.
If I can suggest a rather dead Donald Pleasance, you can definitely put forward a very dead Pat Troughton. In his time, I can kinda see it though, so long as he didn't act all frightened and nervous. That would be rather un-DungeonMasterly.

It's sad that Ed Tudor Pole only leads other contenders because his opponents are dead.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

On the issue of acting all nervous and scared, there were times when Treguard WAS behaving like that by S7. The assistants always seemed to be drawing him into it. Got on my nerves when he got like that.

Ed Tudor Pole recently appeared in the Henry VIII drama on ITV, so it's an unfortunate coincidence if he IS dead, as it must have been since this topic started up! And in fact, I've always thought ETP was a dead ringer for Patrick Troughton.

The guy I could see playing Treguard actually played Merlin in the movie Excalibur back in 1981. His name's Nicol Williamson, but I've no idea whether he's alive or dead. Even if he's still with us, he must also  be "too old and fat" by now. He's an Alec Guiness lookalike, and his version of Merlin, which was very similar to the early Treguard, was far better than John Woodnutt's "doddery schoolmaster" portrayal.

In fact, here's an idea. How about Hugo Myatt playing Merlin?
Last edited by HStorm on 14 Jan 2004, 12:21, edited 1 time in total.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

I've always thought ETP was a dead ringer for Patrick Troughton.
I Don't know how you came up with that.

ETP is a good foot taller then Patrick and not as broad shouldered.

Actually Ed Tudor Pole always reminded me of a thiner faced Richard. E .Grant.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

I just meant the general facial features. The similar shaped-eyes and whatnot. Yes, I can also see the resemblance to Richard E Grant.
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

Are right.

Yes your right the eyes and facial expresions are the same.

BUT the biggest difference is Patrick & Richard E Can/Could Act.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Yes. That and the fact that they aren't so irritating that you want to pick up the TV as soon as they appear and hurl it into a nuclear holocaust.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

On the issue of acting all nervous and scared, there were times when Treguard WAS behaving like that by S7. The assistants always seemed to be drawing him into it. Got on my nerves when he got like that.
Yes, I think it's a good call that the assistants drew him into it. Once one of them set such an atmosphere it'd hard to see what else he could do but follow suit, at least to some small extent. There'd be pressure on him to "act back" in some way, so pretty hard just to sit there, as he could on his own. Otherwise, he could have countered with a different tone, but that would probably have led to some silly conflict continually, which would just get dire and spoil any atmophere anyways. Still, I guess there's a difference between "looking nervous", and "being in awe of the dungeon". I'd obviously go for the latter, given a choice.