Knightmare worms!

Other shows or games that remind you of Knightmare but aren't official derivatives.
darkDescender
Knight
Knight

Knightmare worms!

Post by darkDescender »

As you may be aware, the new "Worms 4" game is out on the 29th July, and I've just heard that it is almost certainly possible to make Knightmare-based worms. Worms are fully customisable, with hats/gloves/beards etc, and I recently decided to ask Team 17 if there were any knightmare related options. The reply?

"I know there's a helmet with horns in there, and some kind of bag isn't too much to hope for, so even if you can't knock up a good Frightnight you'll be able to get a decent Dungeoneer look."

How'dyou like them apples?
"Welcome to one of Mogdred's little playpens, dungeoneer. Play awhile...Play forever! Mwahahahahaha! Mwahahahahahahahaha!!!"
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Knightmare worms!

Post by Pooka »

I don't know what shocked me most, the fact that they know what Knightmare is, or the fact that they readily responded to a question (I've had lots of dealings with Team17 myself, and they're notoriously different to get a straight answer out of!).

I may get Worms4 myself, actually, seeing as there may well be another Superfrog cameo in it...
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
Thanatos
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Thanatos »

I don't like the idea of fully three-dimensional Worms. The first two games were quite definitely the best; the later ones overdid it. It's such a gloriously simple concept, and Worms 2 just about managed to remain uncomplicated enough not to diminish that.
Last edited by Thanatos on 12 Jul 2005, 00:29, edited 1 time in total.
"The Tory Party is the cream of society: rich, thick and full of clots." - anonymous
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

They misspelled FrightKnight! Nooooooooo!!!! ;D

I'll let them off. Team 17 have been going round for a huuuuge length of time, and I remember them from such beauties as Qwak, Arcade Pool and Alien Breed 3D (the first one). And Superfrog, of course. A couple of hiccups and duds aside (let's face it, 10-pin bowling sims aren't as much fun as the real thing), I'm glad Team 17 haven't been eaten up by the huge wibbly monster that is EA Games, who now seemingly produce everything.

But anyway, the idea of customisable worms for the latest incarnation sounds good. Must admit I haven't played a Worms game since the Amiga-only Worms: Director's Cut came out back in Christmas 1996, their swansong for that machine of vanilla goodness.

Might play Superfrog again soon, actually... ;)
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"