The series guides

Any feedback, questions or ideas for this forum and website.
JoeGrocottJames
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

The series guides

Post by JoeGrocottJames »

I personally like the Series 1 format best - there is a lot more detail there than the others. I would much prefer them all to be done in that format. Maybe one other series (series 2 probably) could be done before the next Eye Shield comes out (because then, the site and Knews are always updated)?

Also, I think there should be a video clip of series 1, team 2's death - because that is the only death in series 1 without a video clip. Also, none of the three deaths caused by Lillith have video clips. Illusion, can you give reasons why you did not produce a video clip of this death?
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Re: The series guides

Post by Illusion »

Hello,

Thanks for your comments. The Series 1 guide was done like that because it was a short (and rather exclusive) series. With the other series, as they are longer (and have more repetition of rooms), I thought it would be better to show each room/scene once.

I'm afraid I will not be able to convert all the other series guides to the series 1 format, or produce any more clips, as it is quite a large task and I don't have that sort of time anymore (at least not right now).

Regarding the Lillith clips - I can't remember exactly as the Series 2 guide was written over 4 years ago, but it was probably down to webspace limitations at the time.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
JoeGrocottJames
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by JoeGrocottJames »

(I know this is aimed primarily at Illusion, but it is easier to post here because the prevoius posts can bee seen).

I think at least for the first series, it should have video clips of all deaths, and it is only team 2 (dungeoneer Mave) that is missing in that respect. Would it be possible to just add that one clip by the next update? (But don't bother updating the site specially.)

You mention about when you created the series 2 guides. the specific death I mentioned was the one above, which was in series 1, not series 2. Can you ive a reason please for why you left out a video clip of that death?
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

Would it be possible to just add that one clip by the next update? (But don't bother updating the site specially.)
I'm afraid it will not be possible, as I only have limited time available every now and then to work on the site. I could create more clips, but that would mean no time for the usual updates, like TES. Creating clips also involves updating all related pages and links, so is not a straightforward process.

I think the site already well served with over 180 clips, and I'd rather spend time working on stuff that isn't on the site yet. Many people have requested various clips over the last few years, and its just not practical to have a clip of everything.
You mention about when you created the series 2 guides. the specific death I mentioned was the one above, which was in series 1, not series 2. Can you ive a reason please for why you left out a video clip of that death?
Clips were produced based on what I thought were the most interesting scenes. It was not really a case of having a clip of every death just for the sake of it.
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

And the amount of clips we have on the site are most deifnitely enough!  ;D
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

Yes, I always found the amount quite suitable :)
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Steve
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Steve »

Hi guys
I like the series guides, they serve as a good substitute for the show itself and they dont give away everything. Means that KM will still be exciting when (and i emphasise WHEN) the 8 "classic" episodes are shown on tv again whichever channel is enlightened enough to show it.

Steve
Steve

Came, Saw, Mastered, Moved on...
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

I agree. When I saw the guides for the first time it all came flooding back, but there was still loads of nice surprises when I got the videos - particularly in series 2 (which I recorded originally, then lost!). I'd see a clip and it'd all come flooding back.  :)
Subject to change.
Steve
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Steve »

So, what KM videos have you got malifact? Have you a source that you could maybe share with me? please?
Steve

Came, Saw, Mastered, Moved on...
beamrider2600
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by beamrider2600 »

Yes, the series 1 format is much better, I'm afraid. I was able to go through it and watch every clip along with the episode by episode guide - it was almost like actually being able to watch the episodes themselves.

You talk about not having enough time - so have you ever thought about getting other people in to help you with the website?
..........................lets go ride some BEAMS!!
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

Hi,
You talk about not having enough time - so have you ever thought about getting other people in to help you with the website?
Yes indeed. If anyone is willing to write new guides for Series 2-8 in the same format at the Series 1 guide, I'd be more than willing to put it on the site.

This would involve creating the pages in exactly the same format as the Series 1 guide, including all the screenshots, comment, audio and video clips.

As a guide to how long it may take, each series guide took me about 20-26 hours each to complete.

Anyone interested, please e-mail info@knightmare.clara.net
beamrider2600
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by beamrider2600 »

BTW, are the series guides online today? because I'm having problems accessing them.
..........................lets go ride some BEAMS!!
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

The entire site seems to be down at the moment for some unknown reason, so maybe try again later.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Hi I am new to the forum and thought that I would become the 200th member. Anyway yesterday I couldn't even access the site at all (anyone else have that problem) and today I am having problems with the pictures and colours on the site.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Hello! I experienced problems getting the front page, too and usually have to enter the forum manually via the URL.
Subject to change.