9 years of knightmare.com

Any feedback, questions or ideas for this forum and website.
Illusion
Knight
Knight

9 years of knightmare.com

Post by Illusion »

I've now updated the site.

Long term members will have noticed the lack of other updates recently. I do have a back log of stuff up to update at some point however it's difficult to find the time nowadays.

9 years of Knightmare.com. Wow!
Last edited by Eyeshield on 02 Jan 2008, 11:57, edited 1 time in total.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
Mashibinbin
Staff
Staff

Re: 9 years of knightmare.com

Post by Mashibinbin »

I do have a back log of stuff up to update at some point however it's difficult to find the time nowadays.
I'm not volunteering myself as I too have far less free time than I'd ideally enjoy but if other people here are willing can this stuff not be passed onto those happy to take care of it and look after it on site as required?

Just a thought.
Last edited by Eyeshield on 02 Jan 2008, 11:57, edited 1 time in total.
Carpe Diem - sieze the moment.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

That's a good idea. I'd be happy to help with that, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Last edited by Eyeshield on 02 Jan 2008, 11:58, edited 1 time in total.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

Still... 9 years of KM.com. Wow!

Oh, wait. That's already been said.
Last edited by Eyeshield on 02 Jan 2008, 11:58, edited 1 time in total.
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Illusion wrote: I've now updated the site.

Long term members will have noticed the lack of other updates recently. I do have a back log of stuff up to update at some point however it's difficult to find the time nowadays.

9 years of Knightmare.com. Wow!
If you need someone else to aid with the updating of the site, I'm more than happy to help, provided I'm shown what to do.

I'm currently involving myself with promoting Knightmare elsewhere on the web so it shouldn't be a problem.
Last edited by Eyeshield on 02 Jan 2008, 11:59, edited 1 time in total.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Re:9 years of knightmare.com

Post by Eyeshield »

It's really great that knightmare.com has been around for an incredible 9 years! This was the first website I ever visited, back in May 1999, and I've been back almost every day since! 8)
This account is disabled.
My new account is TheOldenDays
Romana

Post by Romana »

Knightmare.com was one of the first websites I ever visited - back in 2000 when I finally got my own PC with net access (although it was horrible, horrible dial-up). Was so pleased to find it, and I remember printing off some of the information and storing it in a folder - including some info from the Eye Shield! ;D

I'd be willing to contribute scripts, if they're wanted on the site :) I've just started on Series 1, Episode 1 and will be doing them in order :)
Last edited by Romana on 02 Jan 2008, 17:26, edited 1 time in total.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

The forum is the only one I've ever come back to and sustained. (Well we all did that but you know what I mean)

I've been watching this whole thing expand, from the InteractiveKM, ProjectK (My project), Knightmare Surrounds, KMBS, Castle Anthrax Forum, Lexicon and so many more...

Pity we don't see the likes of these things much now. But as always, I still keep faith. Long Live Knightmare!
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re:Nine years of Knightmare.com

Post by Drassil »

Whilst I feel that overall control of Knightmare.com should remain with he who masterminded it, I'd like to offer my services as a website helper too, with particular focus on the 'picky website corrections' listed elsewhere. After nine years, Knightmare.com remains the heart of the fan community - and, as any health-conscious person will affirm, we need to look after our heart.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Hear, Hear! :)
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

Fidjit wrote: The forum is the only one I've ever come back to and sustained. (Well we all did that but you know what I mean)

I've been watching this whole thing expand, from the InteractiveKM, ProjectK (My project), Knightmare Surrounds, KMBS, Castle Anthrax Forum, Lexicon and so many more...

Pity we don't see the likes of these things much now. But as always, I still keep faith. Long Live Knightmare!

Well I can say there is another Fan created KM related spin-off In the works Glenn.

It's being advertised on the Audio Play Website. And will hopefully be completed and posted up on there with in the comeing months. :)
It's The Irons For You. LOVELY
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

Romana wrote: Knightmare.com was one of the first websites I ever visited - back in 2000 when I finally got my own PC with net access (although it was horrible, horrible dial-up). Was so pleased to find it, and I remember printing off some of the information and storing it in a folder - including some info from the Eye Shield! ;D
Indeed, there was something about the early days of the web where people would print everything out! I remember doing that myself. I think it was because internet access was metered and people had limited access back then.

Thanks all for your offers of help. I'll have a think about it. It just needs a workable solution.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

Hehe, in the days of dial-up I remember clicking on EVERY single page on the entire site, so I could view it offline in the Internet history!

Incredible that the site's been going for nine whole years, to think that it was only a year old when I first posted here at age 11 (and later this year I'm 20, jesus where have the years all gone!). It really is one of the greatest sites on the internet, and home to the greatest ever community on the internet as well, and long, LONG may it continue.

Hope something special's done for the big 10 year anniversary next year, that really will be a milestone!
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

Something special for the 10th anniversary? Oh, I think something will just have to be arranged.

Until then, 9 years itself is well worth a celebration. I shall do that by drinking some tea.

I remember the old, old forums and, like Billy, trying to get all of the pages I was most interested in stored for offline use.

To be 15 again!
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

I think I vaguely remember the original KM forum, was it not on the Bravenet system? I do know I didn't actually register on it...and I can't believe that it was waaaay back in 2002 that I registered here! It's only a few years but it feels like forever :o

Anyway, here's to many, many more years of knightmare.com (both site and forum)! ;D
Last edited by Velda on 27 Jan 2008, 21:21, edited 1 time in total.