Non-related

Any feedback, questions or ideas for this forum and website.
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Re: We need a social-type forum...

Post by Pickle123 »

roffle ;D

go GG, tis ya birthday. we're gonna party like its ya birthday!
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please
Jebstar
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Jebstar »

Nice work Pickle, all we need now is a link on the home page of the forum and we're set. I only stumbled into it by accidnet, but I'm gonna spread the word!
Cant even quest!
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

heh, cheers...hasn't really taken off yet

Come on people! come spew random rubbish! ;D

http://qwaz.proboards22.com/index.cgi
Last edited by Pickle123 on 01 Aug 2003, 03:57, edited 1 time in total.

Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

as the votes started i'd thought i'd give the basic differences between the two boards...

i've changed the colour of the proboards forum to match the snitz and this one to avoid colour bias BTW.

basicly the colours on both are changable and the topics are easy change about too. main differences are that
proboards has advertising (a banner and occasional pop-ups...nothing a good blocker doesnt sort), whereas snitz doesnt.
The plus-side to proboards is that it pretty much uses exactly the same code as this one so it will take 0 getting used to.  that said i have had no trouble with snitz as it's a forum type ive used previously.

*big brother voice*

who wins, you decide ;)

GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

*big brother voice*

who wins, you decide ;)
Or you can text EVICT MALEFACT to 012856 93485392.

;)
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

I think the people will instead text VOTE GG because it's fewer letters. ;)
Subject to change.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Illusion's voice: "Malefact, you have been evicted. Please leave the Knightmare forum."

Oh, we'll have to take our pointless banter to the backup forum when it's been voted on. (*Enters righteous mode to encourage everyone else to do so too.*)
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

What?! Never! I can't improve my post count there!  ;)
Last edited by Malefact on 03 Aug 2003, 02:20, edited 1 time in total.
Subject to change.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

What?! Never! I can't improve my post count there!  ;)
In seriousness, I do hope a reliable and attractive back-up/off-topic forum will decrease the number of threads dragged wildly off-topic here, especially when people post just to up their postcounts. We all know threads naturally wander, and some nonsense is quite fun, but there are cases when it's a little tiresome that interesting threads get shoved off topic, and the poor people who've started those topics have to commit to pushing them back to the original topic. I'm half looking forward to waving my nagging finger. Oh, what a fibber I am- I'm completely and utterly looking forward to the prospect.

Again, in seriousness, I wonder if Illusion would give us some idea about what to expect here in future? Are you intending to lock more topics that stray too far, for example? Or are we hoping that preventative warning will be enough and people will naturally take their off-topic conversation elsewhere?  

Oh, and before anyone thinks it, I'm not seriously suggesting Malefact is one of the offenders in driving threads off-topic. :D
Last edited by GrimaldineGrimwold on 03 Aug 2003, 02:30, edited 1 time in total.
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

so come on GG, less wagging, more voting ;)

vote for the chij ;D

one more plus for my forum since it's currently losing :( i seems to be slightly more active even if it has less members...so far. sign up GG/maly and show us some pointless gibberish the way it should be done.

http://qwaz.proboards22.com

Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

Again, in seriousness, I wonder if Illusion would give us some idea about what to expect here in future? Are you intending to lock more topics that stray too far, for example? Or are we hoping that preventative warning will be enough and people will naturally take their off-topic conversation elsewhere?
It has always been the case that sometimes threads go off-topic occassionally. Naturally, it is very difficult to avoid, and if we were to be so specific that all posts must be on-topic then that would be impractical to moderate and people would get annoyed. There have only been a few occassions on this forum I have locked or removed topics that were way off topic. It was a much bigger problem a few years ago when we were using the Bravenet forum as the main forum, which did not have a registration feature and was more open to abuse.

However, I agree that the current Off Topic/Backup forum is not a very good alternative and this may be putting people off from using it. I think the replacement Off Topic/Backup forum which will be decided soon will be much better as they are similar in style to this forum. I think it should be effective in moving off-topic stuff away from this forum. In the days of the NKTP forum being used as an off-topic board, it worked pretty well.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

apart from the off-topic stuff it's also better if this forums goes down for a particular reason as people can find info easier with the whole "not having to load each post seperatly" thing

GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

At the moment it seems the most posted on backup Knightmare forum is...

... the Challenge forum! Everyone seems to pretty much just talk about Knightmare there. Apart from the 5 year olds who just insult one another, of course.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Talking of 5 year olds, it seems that one certain member has not posted there for ages. I wonder if their account has been deleted!
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

yeah but thats just badgering challenge to put on new series. if challenge stopped showing knightmare their forum would crumble and die within a week ;D