International Knightmare!

A discussion of the Knightmare spin-offs from around the world.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:KM Hollywood style

Post by JamesA »

Other forthcoming movies that have been previewd through the spyglass.

Christian Bale leaves Gotham for Goth, and tackles the great joker that is Lord Fear in:

BATMAN : THE DARK KNIGHTMARE

And the much-anticipated follow up to Snakes On A Plane, look out for:

GOBLINS ON A DESCENDER

where you can be almost certain of hearing the line:
"Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherf***in' Goblins on this motherf***in' Descender!"
Last edited by JamesA on 17 Sep 2007, 17:57, edited 1 time in total.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re:International Knightmare!

Post by knightmaredave »

i think many years ago ppl did ask for a minor celebrities knightmare which sadly never happened ppl like tommy boyd were up for it!!
knightmaredave
nin_ken_dog
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by nin_ken_dog »

Malefact wrote: Just imagine it!

"Enter, Stranger!"

WHOOSH!

"Who challenges my dungeon?"

"Howard Johnson III, from Philadelphia,"

"Very well! Call your advisors to us, please!"

"John Boy, Cleetus and Barb!"
A bit random, but as an American I gotta point this out :P

What exactly are people named "John Boy, Cleetus and Barb" doing in Philadelphia?!
Say hello to the goblins and ask them if they would like a good present.
sozboz
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by sozboz »

fixing teeth? from google:

Cletus M Bonds III PC is a Exton dentist. Need a dentist? Call Cletus M Bonds III PC.
80 W Welsh Pool Rd # 205, Exton PA
610-363-0809
Malice's loyal subject
sozboz
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by sozboz »

I know Exton's not Philadelphia, but Howard Johnson III might pop over for a filling or to play 'Knightmare' on Cletus' Amstrad.
Malice's loyal subject
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Let's throw the question back at the questioner then. You're the American, Nin_Ken, so you tell us what people named "John Boy, Cleetus and Barb" doing in Philadelphia... ;)
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

nin_ken_dog wrote:
Malefact wrote: Just imagine it!

"Enter, Stranger!"

WHOOSH!

"Who challenges my dungeon?"

"Howard Johnson III, from Philadelphia,"

"Very well! Call your advisors to us, please!"

"John Boy, Cleetus and Barb!"
A bit random, but as an American I gotta point this out :P

What exactly are people named "John Boy, Cleetus and Barb" doing in Philadelphia?!
Because that's where the USA's portal to Knightmare Castle is located. It's the ideal place for one: Treguard likes the name Philadelphia because it means brotherly love, a quality that's helped many a Knightmare team to victory; and Pickle likes it because the end sounds like 'elf ear'.

;)
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
nin_ken_dog
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by nin_ken_dog »

sozboz wrote: fixing teeth? from google:

Cletus M Bonds III PC is a Exton dentist. Need a dentist? Call Cletus M Bonds III PC.
80 W Welsh Pool Rd # 205, Exton PA
610-363-0809

I know Exton's not Philadelphia, but Howard Johnson III might pop over for a filling or to play 'Knightmare' on Cletus' Amstrad.
;D That was unexpected, but funny :)
HStorm wrote: Let's throw the question back at the questioner then. You're the American, Nin_Ken, so you tell us what people named "John Boy, Cleetus and Barb" doing in Philadelphia... ;)
:o Now that I think about it, there are a lot of "southern folk" who go on game shows like "Deal or No Deal" ^_^;;;

And that is a LOT of screaming and crying.
Drassil wrote:Because that's where the USA's portal to Knightmare Castle is located. It's the ideal place for one: Treguard likes the name Philadelphia because it means brotherly love, a quality that's helped many a Knightmare team to victory; and Pickle likes it because the end sounds like 'elf ear'.

;)
I must say not only is that answer plausible, but it's adorable.

And by the way, I live in Kentucky, USA. 8)
Last edited by nin_ken_dog on 30 Jan 2008, 16:23, edited 1 time in total.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

And to think that all I was going to suggest was that they were country folks who'd won a lottery or something... think I've been rescued in brilliant style!

Nice to have you on the forum, nin_ken_dog. :)
Subject to change.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

nin_ken_dog wrote: I must say not only is that answer plausible, but it's adorable.
Many thanks. I realised later on that the end of Philadelphia also sounds like "L. Fear", so the Opposition would be pleased as well.
nin_ken_dog wrote: :o Now that I think about it, there are a lot of "southern folk" who go on game shows like "Deal or No Deal" ^_^;;;

And that is a LOT of screaming and crying.
It's much the same with Deal Or No Deal in the UK. I've never really understood the appeal. The last time box-opening was that annoying to listen to was on Knightmare, when Pixel flew out of them!
nin_ken_dog wrote: And by the way, I live in Kentucky, USA. 8)
Ah, the state where instead of saying, "Let's go to KFC for some food", you need only say, "Let's go to FC for some food." ;D
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
nin_ken_dog
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by nin_ken_dog »

Malefact wrote: And to think that all I was going to suggest was that they were country folks who'd won a lottery or something... think I've been rescued in brilliant style!

Nice to have you on the forum, nin_ken_dog. :)
Hee hee! It's good to be here. 8)
Drassil wrote: Many thanks. I realised later on that the end of Philadelphia also sounds like "L. Fear", so the Opposition would be pleased as well.

It's much the same with Deal Or No Deal in the UK. I've never really understood the appeal. The last time box-opening was that annoying to listen to was on Knightmare, when Pixel flew out of them!

Ah, the state where instead of saying, "Let's go to KFC for some food", you need only say, "Let's go to FC for some food."
I should put the hose to you for being so clever, Drassil. *pulls out hose*

Well, on the US DoND, we don't have the family members holding boxes. We have suitcases held by lovely ladies...

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABPub/ ... 754368.jpg

^____^;;;

And we still call it KFC, because we're lazy like that :D
Last edited by nin_ken_dog on 12 Mar 2008, 15:36, edited 1 time in total.
Gizensha
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re: International Knightmare!

Post by Gizensha »

Ark wrote: Forget International Knightmare, I'm dreading the day they decide to do a Celebrity Knightmare.
...You mean The Adventure Game? (only with rolling games and no guarantee any of them wouldn't have to walk home from Arg)

[...I'm still trying to work out how "The devisers shared a love of Dungeons and Dragons and wished to televise it." managed to mutate it's way into, well, green cheese, royal teapots, and light physics puzzles in space, actually, but I think I'd quite enjoy sitting in on their sessions...]

(As for Deal or No Deal, it's a game of trying to sell a commodity of highly volatile value via one dimensional negotiation. That would make it stocks and shares in gameshow form, then [Shame the UK version doesn't involve Noel Edmonds in the other type of stocks...]. It also serves to illustrate utility theory quite nicely, and there have been papers published using it as evidence. I stopped watching when the host and most of the contestants started to mistake "Ignoring the game and going away with whatever's in your box regardless of the offers" for the game. Although Charlie Brooker's review of it as Schroedinger's Boxes was entertaining.)
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

I've been re-watching The State Within this evening, and it occurred to me. Would Jason Isaacs make a good Treguard?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/thestatewithin/

Look at the eyes. Different colour to Hugo's I know, but very similar shape! And the dancing eyebrows too.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.