Knightmare.com in 2011

Announcements regarding the Knightmare community and website.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Knightmare.com in 2011

Post by Mystara »

G'day all,

A happy new year to everyone!

Being stuck by my lonely self here. I've done what anyone else would do when confronted with nothing to do over a holiday period. I've done some stats. Part of this was a curiosity as to whether we had actually been moving onwards and upwards with the site, having converted and upgraded it earlier in the year.

The only real judge I have for this is the post count. So I've extracted the various numbers from the database and come to some conclusions:

1) Since the site upgrade, post count each month has approximately doubled. It is still far below the glory days of 2003/2004 (more on that in a bit). But it seems to be on the way up.

2) This year's average post count has been the highest (just) since 2006 at just over 103 posts per month. For those of you interested in the historical aspects. 2006 had an average of 164 posts per month, and 2003 had an impressive 1169 posts per month.

Within the next year, I'm hoping to complete the site upgrade that took place last year. We're looking forward to upgrading the content management system so that people will be able to submit articles, news and links directly for the main site (subject to moderation of course). All in all, it's our hope that we'll be able to allow everyone to contribute to and take part in adding to the main site. The forum is also due to get a makeover, and it's our intention that this update will happen at almost the same time. To complete the upgrade, we'll also be tying the main site and forum together (or at least a little more closely than they are at this time).

There are one or two other things that we've also been looking into. If those ideas manifest, we'll be sure to let you know ;)

Hope you all have an excellent year.