TV Show I don't recall...

Disucssion of topics that are not directly related to Knightmare.
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

TV Show I don't recall...

Post by Pooka »

Thought I'd start this thread here so I can ask for info on a TV show I remember, but not much. If anyone has any other shows they vaguely recall that want clarification, we could always help each other on this thread too!

In any case, I have one. It's been bugging me for years.

This was a CBBC show set in a series of international lost property offices - some in faily standard places, like France or Brazil, and a couple of more outlandish ones, including one memorable episode set on Venus, which also had its own lost property office.

I don't recall what was done to fill half an hour - I remember it being a little like a gentle comedy show á la Melvyn & Maureen's Music-A-Grams. There was a villain - a Russian man who was in charge of the Siberia office and turned up in every episode (possibly trying to steal stuff? I'm not sure). The final episode was set in his Siberian office; I don't remember much else.

I am 100% certain this programme existed, but I can't find any information about it anywhere online or encounter anyone else who remembers it!

I seem to remember it being called something like FLIP. Does anyone remember this?
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
EvelynMason
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re: TV Show I don't recall...

Post by EvelynMason »

Did spend some considerable time looking for the show you requested across a number of reliable search engines but was unable to find anything that resembled the description given.

If you look on the Wikipedia page they do have a list of just above every CBBC programme ever featured but the only thing that came close was a show called FIT and when having looked that up, there was no match of the description given either.

Maybe a spelling error so can't locate where the actual show may be found ? Best advice would be to give the above page a look, scroll through all titles (most have their own page so you can see what you're looking for) and maybe you may have some success there.

I even looked extensively for a time on Google with the show description provided, but (as you mentioned) all searches proved futile in the end.
HobGoblin
Staff
Staff

Post by HobGoblin »

I vaguely remember this. Federation of Lost International Property does ring a bell...?
Extreme warning team, a Hobgoblin in the level!
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

HobGoblin wrote:Federation of Lost International Property does ring a bell...?
That's absolutely right!

I asked about this on Knightmare Chat a couple of weeks back and Canadanne discovered a couple of listings on BBC Genome, and even a clip on Vimeo!

I was right - it was FLIP. Very relieved I didn't make this up! :green:

Does anyone else have one they want help with reminding about?
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Pooka wrote:Does anyone else have one they want help with reminding about?
I'm not sure if these programmes existed or if my memories are just confused.

1) I used to watch the Australian drama series 'Kelly' about a German Shepherd police dog. The mystery is that I seem to recall another, very similar programme about a dog which aired around the same time - I'm thinking it was some kind of spin-off / sister show, though it might have been unrelated - but I have no idea what that was called, if I haven't completely imagined it. (It looks like there was a second German Shepherd who appeared in Kelly, so I don't know if I'm just thinking of that?) It wasn't The Littlest Hobo, which I also watched and remember quite distinctly.

2) I also have this vague feeling that 'Space Cats' was on Channel 4 about the same time as a similar-and-possibly-related show? Again, it's all very hazy now... Space Cats included both live-action and cartoon segments, so perhaps I wrongly remembered those as being two separate programmes. Or maybe there really was something else as well. I don't know why I would have dreamed up extra programmes out of nowhere, but my brain works in mysterious ways sometimes!

Did anyone watch either of these things, or have any clue what I'm talking about?
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

A show I sort of remember was a live action game show which seemed a bit like Time Busters but with adults, but they had backpacks and had to avoid being short at while doing/looking for whatever task they had.
Must have been early 90s, unless it was a German show I use to watch while living out there.
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

wombstar wrote:A show I sort of remember was a live action game show which seemed a bit like Time Busters but with adults, but they had backpacks and had to avoid being short at while doing/looking for whatever task they had.
Must have been early 90s, unless it was a German show I use to watch while living out there.
Are you thinking of Interceptor?
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

Never saw Interceptor. Looks like the sort of thing I'd have enjoyed.

This reminds me of another Knightmaresque game show I saw once, which featured adults. It's a very hazy memory - as I recall, it waa a bit like The Krypton Factor meets Virtually Impossible, in that it was fairly episodic, each team having one episode and collecting points.

There were a number of games in a futuristic (fairly cyberpunk) kind of setting, but unlike The Crystal Maze, the whole team took part in the games. The only one I remember was called "Crusher"; it was set in a large junk crusher - I remember the team having to do something (find something?) and then get out before they were crushed... that's all I remember!

Long shot, I know!
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Pooka wrote:Never saw Interceptor. Looks like the sort of thing I'd have enjoyed.
It somehow manages to be awful and brilliant at the same time. :) As a kid I found it really tense and scary. As an adult I find it hilarious!
Pooka wrote:This reminds me of another Knightmaresque game show I saw once, which featured adults. It's a very hazy memory - as I recall, it waa a bit like The Krypton Factor meets Virtually Impossible, in that it was fairly episodic, each team having one episode and collecting points.

There were a number of games in a futuristic (fairly cyberpunk) kind of setting, but unlike The Crystal Maze, the whole team took part in the games. The only one I remember was called "Crusher"; it was set in a large junk crusher - I remember the team having to do something (find something?) and then get out before they were crushed... that's all I remember!
That was Scavengers! The Crusher used to scare the crap out of me!
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

Oh cool Interceptor, that's it I would have never guessed the name, no idea where I watched it because we didn't have ITV in Germany, must have seen an odd ep on a home visit.

Never watched Scavengers, I don't really remember it but I watched the clip on that site and it looks familiar, looks pretty good.
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Pooka wrote:
HobGoblin wrote:Federation of Lost International Property does ring a bell...?
That's absolutely right!

I asked about this on Knightmare Chat a couple of weeks back and Canadanne discovered a couple of listings on BBC Genome, and even a clip on Vimeo!

I was right - it was FLIP. Very relieved I didn't make this up! :green:
Heh, I just discovered that Bill Cashmore was one of the writers on this programme!
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

Dredging up this thread because I've recently had another unknown show come to my memory. I'm not sure whether this was on CITV or CBBC, but it was definitely on at least one of those programming blocks.

Anyway, this one was mostly based around talking animals (mainly rodents) - I seem to remember them being real trained animals with voiceovers, but they may have been realistic puppets; it has been a while! - living in some sort of settlement.

Two details I remember are clear:

(i) there was a large alarm clock on the set which had the seasons set out in French (ie. printemps, été, etc.) rather than the numbers 1 - 12, making me assume that the original show was French (which it probably wasn't, actually).

(ii) there was a location in the show which featured quite regularly: an animal prison named Cling Cling (evidently an allusion to Sing Sing, something I think would have been lost on a lot of younger viewers). I don't remember it being in every episode, but it was very often talked about.

I don't remember anything else about it, but maybe those details will jog someone else's memories! Any thoughts?
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Pooka wrote: 10 Feb 2021, 17:02 Dredging up this thread because I've recently had another unknown show come to my memory. I'm not sure whether this was on CITV or CBBC, but it was definitely on at least one of those programming blocks.

Anyway, this one was mostly based around talking animals (mainly rodents) - I seem to remember them being real trained animals with voiceovers, but they may have been realistic puppets; it has been a while! - living in some sort of settlement.

Two details I remember are clear:

(i) there was a large alarm clock on the set which had the seasons set out in French (ie. printemps, été, etc.) rather than the numbers 1 - 12, making me assume that the original show was French (which it probably wasn't, actually).

(ii) there was a location in the show which featured quite regularly: an animal prison named Cling Cling (evidently an allusion to Sing Sing, something I think would have been lost on a lot of younger viewers). I don't remember it being in every episode, but it was very often talked about.

I don't remember anything else about it, but maybe those details will jog someone else's memories! Any thoughts?
I don't remember this at all, so it probably wasn't on CBBC. Hope someone else knows!
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

This is driving me insane. Does anyone remember a TV character who would often exclaim "Bless us and save us!", maybe around the '90s or early 2000s?
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Canadanne wrote: 03 Jun 2022, 21:05 This is driving me insane. Does anyone remember a TV character who would often exclaim "Bless us and save us!", maybe around the '90s or early 2000s?
Julia Brogan in Brookside said that, or something similar.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.