Microphones

Disucssion of topics that are not directly related to Knightmare.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Microphones

Post by Canadanne »

Question for the audio teams or anyone else - what microphones do you guys use for recording? I only have an old and crappy one which I'm thinking of replacing, and want something decent but not too expensive as it's only for occasional use. Just wondered if you had any recommendations or brands to avoid?
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Microphones

Post by Mystara »

As with most of these things, with a small number of exceptions you get what you pay for. If you're happy to go for something that gets the job done then grab a non-brand off eBay. You might get lucky and get one of those exceptions.

If you want to go with something a bit more high-end, look for the decent brands (Sennheiser etc.). I've usually just relied on consumer reviews and I don't think I've ever been disappointed.
shadow6162
Knight
Knight

Post by shadow6162 »

I have no idea what make my microphone is, but if it helps, it looks like this: http://crystal6162.deviantart.com/art/J ... -318925401
Many years ago I wrote fanfictions. Now I attempt to write sanely.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Our 'standard' record-from-home mics are usually a very cheap dynamic desktop model made by a company called Texet. It's something I'd recommend if you really want to manage the budget, as it gives a surprisingly clear sound for something so cheap. But in the end, the cheapness is its only selling point.

If you want to be a bit more daring or pro, this model might be of use; -

http://cpc.farnell.com/behringer/c-1u/m ... dp/MP34403

But connecting it up can be a bit fiddly.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.