Oh...oh dear...

Disucssion of topics that are not directly related to Knightmare.
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Re: Oh...oh dear...

Post by FrightKnight »

I didn't realise your views were that strong on wombles GG. I shall never mention them again in your prescence. ;D
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

I didn't realise your views were that strong on wombles GG. I shall never mention them again in your prescence. ;D
Heh, nor did I until I started writing that. If that's how I get in describing something pretty harmless to anyone outside Wimbledon, I hate to think what state I'd work myself into in commenting on someone truly evil, upsetting or offensive. So no-one mention Celine Dion, okay?
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I don't think I am one though. All this making good use of the things they they find business was a sham, really. They just horded stuff for no good reason, which made Wimbledon Common a filthy stinking disease-ridden hellhole. Wimbledon Council came and exterminated them for the sake of public heath, the evil scheming little tramps.
Riminds me of some people near where I lived, who camped temporarily for a few weeks on a grassy area just off the main dual carriagway across from our local Asda. They left eventually and those dirty filthy 'scumpots' left a dirty mess of rubbish along the grassy bit where they had been. I reacon that they might be related to those Wombles then!
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

This may just be tabloid gossip, but after the Wimbledon tennis tournament one year, wasn't Boris Becker caught in a broom cupboard with a Womble?
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

This may just be tabloid gossip, but after the Wimbledon tennis tournament one year, wasn't Boris Becker caught in a broom cupboard with a Womble?
Only for a few seconds, allegedly. But yes, definitely a womble.

I wouldn't mind the Wombles extending their filth pile to where they play the tennis. Hopefully they could thereby infect Tim Henman with some Womble-to-Human disease, so he won't be around to build lots of gullible people's hopes that he might actually win next year. Perhaps that was what the Womble was trying to do to Boris in the Broom Cupboard- it just got the wrong guy.  
Last edited by GrimaldineGrimwold on 03 Dec 2003, 00:27, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

It's only when the conversation oh so naturally shifts to wombles passing on sexually transmitted diseases to fading tennis "stars" that you realise quite how appropriate the title of this thread was.
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

What forum am I in again? Something to do with Celine Dion was i- oops.
Snowcat
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Snowcat »

What forum am I in again? Something to do with Celine Dion was i- oops.
OOPS INDEED FRIEND!!!!!!!   :o

You may want your heart to go on but she damn near stopped mine thru sheer boredom.......  :-[
There are but 2 rules in this realm:-
1) He who sees first is the winner...
2) He who is seen first is toast...
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

(Since digression is the order of the day, can I just mention a scene from the adult cartoon series Family Guy? One of the characters witnessed an armed robbery and then identified the culprit in an identity parade; after which his father says to him: 'Why didn't you say that Celine Dion did it? You blew our one chance to put that showboating Canadian wench away for good.'  ;D)
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

Rates alongside the little blad man, Phil Collins at the pinnacle of pap.

A true Knightmare (o-ho!) would be if they duetted on the Fun House theme tune!

HELL ON EARTH!  :o :P :(
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

FUNHOUSE! Here we go again!  ;D
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

Glad to steer away from what cold have been a really rather distubing thread.

Although I think I was a bit late on that one...

But anyway.

Fun house. Cracking programme. Never realised it only finished in 1999.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Several people have posted on the Forum in favour of Funhouse (and its presenter), several people have posted against it. Everyone is more than entitled to their own opinions. I just think it's a shame for Funhouse to get partially blamed for Knightmare stopping, just because the schedulers moved Funhouse's day and time.

Whenever I think of Funhouse I also think of Finders Keepers, the show with Neil Bucha(n)nan where children tore the rooms in a studio house to bits, on a kind of treasure hunt.
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

That was a good show, too. The old cautionary message of 'Stay away from Mum and Dad's bedroom' still sticks with me.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

I'd set Festus on FrightKnight for mentioning Phil Collins if I hadn't already sent the old quasi-canine after him for the repeated mention of Evil Celine. I love the Celine joke, by the way, apart from the fact it reminds me of her existence.