Oh...oh dear...

Disucssion of topics that are not directly related to Knightmare.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Oh...oh dear...

Post by Emii »

NOOOOOOOOOOO!

*deep breath*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Keenplayers on the Challenge? forum is trying to get Challenge? to buy the rights to Funhouse! Was this not the very show that replaced Knightmare? Were children not scared witless by the mullet of Pat Sharp?

DON'T LET IT HAPPEN! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Jericho6
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re: Oh...oh dear...

Post by Jericho6 »

I thought funhouse was on before 1995 ??? ... oh well.
If 'exclude' is the opposite of 'include', then what's the opposite of 'increment'?
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

Indeed, Fun House started in 1990 but was always shown in Jan-Mar each year at the same timeslot as Knightmare. But when Knightmare finished they moved it to Sep-Dec, so yeah it sort of replaced Knightmare.

Pat Sharp now on Heart 106.2 London: http://www.heart1062.co.uk.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
Jericho6
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Jericho6 »

I'm surprised you could be bothered to find that out  :D Thanks anyway  ;D
If 'exclude' is the opposite of 'include', then what's the opposite of 'increment'?
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

If Challenge picked up Fun House (good though it was) instead of further series of Knightmare I think I'd just cry.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

eep!

Pat= scarrrry guy...
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

I daresay Funhouse is cheaper than Km (in every respect!)

I never used to watch it myself. I do recall the resentment I felt, though, in September 1995 looking through the TV listings...  >:(
Last edited by Malefact on 26 Mar 2003, 15:57, edited 1 time in total.
Subject to change.
Jericho6
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Jericho6 »

The overriding thing in my memories of Fun House was that it had a very irritating theme tune that stuck in my head for ages.

For some reason when I was a child, if I didn't like a programme's theme tune, or if it stuck in my head, I didn't like the programme - hence why I hated Neighbours, Countdown, Blockbusters, Home & Away, Eastenders, Coronation Street, Mike & Angelo (before they changed the theme tune :p ), Woof, and all those other programmes with awful theme music.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Someone repeated the words of the theme on Challenge?'s forum, and now I can't remove them from my brain. Someone do the humane thing and shoot me, please!
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DavidNewton »

*Launches a Cabbage Mortar in GG's direction*

And don't say they don't exist. Someone in my Hall built one and fired cabbages at the more upmarket hall next door.

Mike & Angelo was great.
Far beyond the rising sun, I ride the wings of fate... prepared to go where my heart belongs - back to the past again!
Jericho6
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Jericho6 »

*Launches a Cabbage Mortar in GG's direction*

And don't say they don't exist. Someone in my Hall built one and fired cabbages at the more upmarket hall next door.
You don't live in Charles Morris Hall at Leeds University do you?  ;D

lol sorry, I think probably you don't - I was just imagining someone firing cabbages at nearby Lyddon Hall  :D
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Mike & Angelo was great.
Since when?

*Glomps all*
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DavidNewton »

I'm in Andrew Melville Hall (AKA the brick with windows) at St Andrews University, if you're interested.
Far beyond the rising sun, I ride the wings of fate... prepared to go where my heart belongs - back to the past again!
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Brick with windows! I like that!  :)

It sounds just like the hall I was in last year (William Morris Tower). They had the good sense to paint it black, too, for the benefit of low-flying aircraft. Damn things look hideous.
Subject to change.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Everyone seems to dislike the bricky buildings. People at my university (sadly a fairly snooty one) seem to have a inbuilt loathing of anything built after 1800. My experience is a bit different. If you can ignore the look of the things, I've always had a decent time in the newer uglier buildings. My one year in a much older and aesthetically pleasing building was a nightmare- rats, mice, damp, birds nesting between the walls, etc.- and because the building was so old there was basically nothing that could be done about a lot of it.