ABUK DVD

Disucssion of topics that are not directly related to Knightmare.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: ABUK DVD

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

I love the idea of a Tim Child commentary of the first episode or so. It'd be great to have a commentary of an episode detailing how the special effects were done, how things were conceived and so on. Anybody who worked on production/post-production who might be willing to add a few words would be fantastic. (Perhaps TC might have some ideas?)
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

I quite like that idea  ;)
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Debz_g
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Debz_g »

I really like the idea about a commentary with Tim Child, Hugo Myatt and other important actors/behind the scenes peeps. If they were all together watching the show, it would be great to hear all points of view on their memories of each room/dungeoneer etc.
I like the idea of having the pilot(s) on there as it would be very interesting to see how they progressed from there. They could also include the Chromakey Experiment, which is fab to watch.
The possibilities are endless!  :D
"You think maybe a girl can't do this? Ha!! Like camel I spit on you!!"
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Is there any word on this, Treguard? Or anything further we can do? I haven't been to the AB site for ages so I don't know if there's any news there, but it seems a while since we heard anything.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Treguard
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Treguard »

First time i've managed to get on the bloody site since Sunday (knightmare.com)

anyway, the guy at AB said to wait till a couple on months into the new year. they would before looking at  mid/late 2003 releases
OoooOooOoohhhhh Nasty
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Okay, and thanks a lot for all your work with this. :)
Treguard
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Treguard »

nah don't be daft :P  it's fun :D
OoooOooOoohhhhh Nasty
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Hello!  :D

Treg's clearly not the only one as I've spent five excrutiatingly painful days trying to get onto this thing. Maybe Nic should definitely change server now....  ;D
James Aukett
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

It's very odd. It seems that, often as you try, you can't get on for a few days. Then suddenly you can get on all the time with no trouble. And it affects different people at different times. And some people can't get to the forum specifically, whereas others (like me) couldn't get to the site at all.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

And as to whether he should change server, I'm sure Nic knows best.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

I am the latter where I couldn't access the site at all
James Aukett
Jasonic
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Jasonic »

Nothing to do with DVD, but I just remembered sending in a letter to The Quest when KM was still on.  I really wanted to see Knightmare put on video, so I sent this in.

Here it is in Volume 3 - Number 2 (Spring 1994) of The Quest.  ;D

http://www.knightmare.com/club/3-2/p3.htm

(The second letter)

For some reason my name is James in that version, but it should be Jason.  
Last edited by Jasonic on 03 Jan 2003, 01:51, edited 1 time in total.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

I got a nice little Pioneer DVD player for Christmas with both series of Fawlty Towers. Seeing the animated menu and all the extras (interviews, commentary, outtakes and a special documentary) not to mention the pristine quality makes me all the more desparate to see Km on DVD.

Series 1 could fit on one disc (3 hours 20 minutes programme running time out of 4 hours, with the surplus for menus and disclaimers and things) with another disc for the interviews, pilot episodes and maybe some outtakes.

Also, since Km was edited a fair bit, I'm sure there are perfectly valid scenes that were cut to make each programme fit the timeslot (and to free up extra time for later teams). With the time surplus, these could be put back in.

And another thing! The picture quality of the clip from series 1 shown as part of CITVs birthday bash was outstanding. The series must be stored on digital media. This means Anchor Bay wouldn't have to spend lots of money remastering it all.
Subject to change.
Oooh_Nasty
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Oooh_Nasty »

if you check now, i posted the last message on the forum - marc ot withstanding so he closed it, now i re-opened it, childish games i know, but there ya go
Trial_by_Spikes
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Trial_by_Spikes »

I'd really like to see a history of Broadsword on any DVD release - I always  really liked "Virtually Impossible" and "time-Busters" and "Cyberzone" - they were no "knightmare", but at the time, they were interesting programmes.
Oh look there's J.G. Ballard in a burnt-out fridge with a spitfire pilot.