Knightmare mentioned on Mock The Week

Report and discuss latest knews and developments relating to Knightmare.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Knightmare mentioned on Mock The Week

Post by JamesA »

Josh Widdecombe mentioned Knightmare in last night's episode of Mock The Week.

With Wimbledon champion Andy Murray in the audience, Josh pointed out that Andy could fit his head into the trophy and play Knightmare, additionally stating that he would have "the time of his life". :D
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re: Knightmare mentioned on Mock The Week

Post by Drassil »

Thanks for this, James. Coincidentally, Josh Widdicombe had a guest appearance on Taskmaster last week for a Knightmare-style challenge in which he was blindfolded and guided by other celebrities. He's done Knightmare Live so he has the experience. He's stated that he's not a fan of fantasy (especially not Game of Thrones), making his mentions of Knightmare all the more encouraging. I'm hoping there'll be one in a future series of his sitcom Josh, where '80s and '90s pop culture references abound.

I'm also hoping Knightmare will find its way into an Only Connect question one day. The closest we've come is a reference to Ed Welch.
Picklemyfav
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: Knightmare mentioned on Mock The Week

Post by Picklemyfav »

I know. I was so chuffed with that mention of Knightmare. I thought finally someone has mentioned it again. I roared with laughter at some of the jokes they were doing. Mock the Week is funny.
Cedric kneed down close to my helmet so i could see him and told me.
"You're not witless. You're just nice. Too nice really for your own good. That's your main problem."