KNIGHTMARE RETURNS TO CITV

Report and discuss latest knews and developments relating to Knightmare.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: KNIGHTMARE RETURNS TO CITV

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

I really do wonder how on earth characters like Grotbags and Teabag were conceived. Just imagine the production meeting:

Okay, we have the whole Rod Hull and Emu in a Pink Windmill with lots of stage school kids format pretty sorted. But there's something missing... We need a villain. But not just any villain. An outlandish and over the top pantomime villain.

Let's call her Grotbags. She's a green skinned and green haired witch. She wears striped stockings and among other things, old dustbin liners. She constantly appears at the door of the Pink Windmill to capture Emu. We'll work out why another time.

But she's going to be so important to our show she's going to have her own scenes. In her own set. Let's call it Grotbags' Grotto. But for it she'll need helpers. Okay, let's make one a crocodile. We'll call him Croc, and Grotbags will always threaten him with being turned into a handbag. The other one can be a robot. Robot Redford, the kids will really enjoy that reference. And we'll give them both extremely feminine voices.

But they need some way of getting from the Grotto to the Windmill. She's a witch, so she flies. But she's not just any old witch, so she doesn't use a broomstick. She has a hovergrot, which looks like a flying vacuum cleaner. For the flying sequences we'll use some badly done Chromakey.

And Voila. :)
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Treguard
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Treguard »

Don't remember much of Grotbags, Is there a massive fanbase for that?  :D
OoooOooOoohhhhh Nasty
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

All of a sudden the future's very bright  ;D
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Gaminguy
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Gaminguy »

Wow! 8 Years of nothing then BANG! all of a sudden Knightmare appears all of a sudden out of no where :)

I Just wonder what they mean by "Being able to watch classic shows?" Do they mean one episode, or a whole series, or what?

By the sounds of that letter even though it is very brief, it sounds like only one episode, after all it is only a birthDAY ;)
Stephy24_7
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Stephy24_7 »

I think I remember Grotbags - wasn't she the green witch with green hair who used to shriek? She frightened the HECK out of me!

Puddle Lane was a programme and series of books. It featured a family of cats - Timothy Catchamouse and his sister Tessa - and his mother Pegs. They lived in a nest and used to climb the magicians tower looking for milk and end up falling through the window onto the magician and waking him up, and ending up flying or something. It was cool.

On perhaps a more serious note I don't think accusations of lying should be thrown about so quickly, Pooka. Do you object to seeing clips or an episode of Knightmare?

PS Kieran says he saw Grotbags live at the Grand Theate. His cats are also called Timmy and Tessa :)
--Steph "I am Lord Mollusc - you are my slave! !(don't ask)" --
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

IMPORTANT THEORY

Post by Malefact »

WOAH! HANG ON A MINUTE!!  :o :o :o :o :o

At the start of last week nothing was happening at all!

Now, we have series 3 on Challenge at Xmax, clips/episodes in January on CITV and, potentially, an entirely new series!!!!!!!!!  :o :o :o :o

It's like waiting for a friggin' bus!!!!

Which begs the question: DO THEY ALL KNOW SOMETHING WE DON'T?  :-X

In any case, once today's viewing audience see an episode of Km, a new army of fans could be won over.

I RECKON CHALLENGE AND CITV ARE TESTING THE WATER.  ;)
Subject to change.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

btw, Grotbags had her own series in 1991 I think. I remember 'cos on Friday's it was 'Victor and Hugo' followed by Knightmare and on Wednesday's (?) it was Grotbags. It was funny!

Puddle Lane, OMG, I haven't seen that one in maybe 15 years!

I'm gonna send CITV an email asking them to show lots of Km episodes (either on ITV or ITV2) and them I'm gonna get loads of top-quality videos ready for the big event. And I'm not talking about Xmas or New Year's Eve, either!
Subject to change.
Dublex
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Dublex »

This new format worries in a way. Its a really good concept but it seems it could take the Dungeoneers Destiny(TM) out of their own hands - what happens if you get a particularly malicious audience and it decides to put as many traps in the dungeoneers path as possible? :)

However, the main important thing is that knightmare will be back :) :)
===

Justice - keeping Chaos at bay with a double-edged pointy thing
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

I have been giving it a lot of thought. The helmet was introduced originally through necessity, as opposed to design, since the dungeoneer couldn't see the room anyway.

For the most part, getting a dungeoneer in and out of a room was simply a matter of course. What they did in the room was more important - clue rooms, for example.
The occasions when blindness became potentially lethal was in timing exercises, causeways, bomb rooms, any room with gaps in the floor, and the Corridor of Blades.

What's stopping them from blinding the dungeoneer for just those types of room?
Subject to change.
Gaminguy
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re: IMPORTANT THEORY

Post by Gaminguy »

DO THEY ALL KNOW SOMETHING WE DON'T?  :-X

I RECKON CHALLENGE AND CITV ARE TESTING THE WATER.  ;)
Yeah, thats and interesting thought!!! And everything is popping up at once.
Anton
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Anton »

Sorry to go off on this tangent and please tell me to get specifically back to knightmare if it is a problem (I think this was an issue before about 18 months ago), but whilst we're on the subject of 20 years of CITV, surely there are a couple of other classic gems which haven't yet been mentioned.
Dogtanian
Eye of the Storm
Spatz
Mike and Angelo (original series)
Legend of Treasure Island
Rainbow (of course)
Chish & Fips (or something like that)
T-bag (already mentioned but not really been discussed)
Virtually Impossible (made by the same ppl as Knightmare)
and probably loads others which my mind typically won't think of.
Also, does anyone remember the 40 years of Childrens TV they celebrated in 1995 (approx). Knightmare, T-bag, grotbags etc weren't featured in that upsettingly. But it did have a really annoying presenter - Malcom somebody and a family. mum, gossipy daughter, gran, son, and dad with his tele almanac thing. I've gone on long enough so I'll shut up and post now. Please post back. :)
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Has anyone mentioned "WOOF!" yet?
Or how about "Victor and Hugo" ?  ;)
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

I loved The Legends Of Treasure Island too - and Dogtanian!

What about Count Duckula and Dangermouse too (good old David Jason, he did both their voices!) - I tell ya, they don't make cartoons like that anymore!

More Knightmare - YES!! I just hope if they're going to repeat the entire series, they put it on ITV1 - I don't have digital.
Last edited by Velda on 02 Dec 2002, 01:53, edited 1 time in total.
Debz_g
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Debz_g »

Oh yeah I love those! I have them on a cult kids DVD!! What about Raggy Dolls? I am going through a bit of a Neil Innes phase atm and I downloaded the theme! I love Sad Sack!!  ;D I would love to see the original series of Woof! again as well!
I wish they would do their retro kids thing on terrestrial tho, us poor lot without Sky are so neglected. Humph! But I guess I can settle for the one retro day I guess, that has to be the best news I have heard from CITV in a while!!
Last edited by Debz_g on 02 Dec 2002, 02:13, edited 1 time in total.
"You think maybe a girl can't do this? Ha!! Like camel I spit on you!!"
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

Yeah, it's gonna be brilliant - I just know I'll end up recording the whole lot!  :D