SOMETHING STIRS

Report and discuss latest knews and developments relating to Knightmare.
ShinyHelmet
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re:SOMETHING STIRS

Post by ShinyHelmet »

Very intriguing :)

Obviously it'll be Knightmare-related I presume? DVD release? Repeats on ITV in same time slot? (How nostalgic would that be???)

I hope the new Knightmare VM or whatever it was called hasn't been commisioned, lol.
Jalinde
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Jalinde »

Now that would be cool if they did that alongside the release of this.
Gizensha
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Gizensha »

ShinyHelmet wrote: Very intriguing :)

Obviously it'll be Knightmare-related I presume? DVD release? Repeats on ITV in same time slot? (How nostalgic would that be???)

I hope the new Knightmare VM or whatever it was called hasn't been commisioned, lol.
My guess, all along, has been either there are talks about Timegate, or more likely that as part of either the BBC or C4's intention of serving the currently unserved 11-16 year old demographic they're expressing interest in Knightmare.
PKB
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by PKB »

Hi.

Is there any news on what this latest development is yet? This year is two months away from its end and we've had no follow up on this interesting bit of news since it was initially posted.

Paul.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Not yet. BVA did say that the 'whatever-it-is' wouldn't be unveiled until 2009. When any news arrives, there'll be announcements everywhere - it'll be very hard to miss them I suspect.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
KMFAN
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by KMFAN »

I just hope that this 'news' results in something at the end of it. We had all the hype and dissapointment of Timegate and Knightmare VR so lets hope 3rd time lucky.

I just want Tim to produce something that keeps the essence of the old knightmare but with a faster pace (series 3) and new graphics. I'm sure it would be an instant hit on TV.

TV is crying out for a virtual interactive adventure gameshow.
Leontendo
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Leontendo »

I really hope that something happens. 2009 is coming up soon... I'm actually getting quite excited. :D
Helvellyn
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Helvellyn »

KMFAN wrote: I just want Tim to produce something that keeps the essence of the old knightmare but with a faster pace (series 3) and new graphics. I'm sure it would be an instant hit on TV.
I'm not even sure about new graphics; the airbrush graphics of the first three series gave a strange, slightly unnerving other-worldly feel to Knightmare that was a large chunk of its atmosphere, and their lack was one of the reasons why the return to the gloom of Season 8 didn't work too well. Of course these days they could be 3D-rendered in realtime, thus removing some of the limitiations that led to their demise in the first place.
Mashibinbin
Staff
Staff

Post by Mashibinbin »

The most plauisble liklihoods that would please us would be either behind the scenes/history book of the show (even putting all issues of The Quest bound together would make for a nice release allowing those without their information to have more then photocopies/printouts) or, it would be equally joyous to have a best of/story of dvd with some interviews and anecdotage in a similar fashion to the recent T-Bag dvd release by Fantom films.
Carpe Diem - sieze the moment.
KFan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by KFan »

So, it's now almost a year since this thread was started, is there any news? Should the hope you placed in our minds continue to live, or should it die?
Last edited by Anonymous on 05 Mar 2009, 00:15, edited 1 time in total.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

As with the show KM Fan, they do. I should know... :'(
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Oimi
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Oimi »

Erm, what's going on? I'm still waiting for an update. No evidence on the interMedialab website of developments!
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Thats largely because nothing is happening Oimi :( There is nothing happening on this forum anymore and quite frankly its rather depressing. Check out the What's Knext board...
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
AriadnesLayer
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by AriadnesLayer »

Re: "Something Stirs" over a year ago...

Perhaps Nic could email Tim and ask him to put our minds at rest one way (something is still stirring) or the other (it's not stirring anymore).

For all we know, Tim has forgotten he even posted anything in the first place. I'm not asking for details, I just want to know whether I should still be looking forward to something or not... :)
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

Since Illusion no longer has the time to update the site, it's probably safe to assume that he doesn't have the time to e-mail Tim as you suggest... so why don't you e-mail Tim? I don't expect you'd get much of a reply, but...
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.