SOMETHING STIRS

Report and discuss latest knews and developments relating to Knightmare.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff
Posts: 2362
Joined: 30 Sep 2003, 16:01
Contact:

Re: SOMETHING STIRS

Post by Drassil »

beveryafraid wrote:it does look as though you will have something to talk about
This Daily Mirror article from today mentions Knightmare. The good news is that it includes an early publicity photo not seen before. The bad news is, unless I'm missing something, that it has quoted from Tim Child's 'SOMETHING STIRS' post of 4 years ago as if it were current.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight
Posts: 1906
Joined: 12 Oct 2010, 18:53
Location: Poole, Dorset
Contact:

Re: SOMETHING STIRS

Post by Canadanne »

Drassil wrote:This Daily Mirror article from today mentions Knightmare. The good news is that it includes an early publicity photo not seen before. The bad news is, unless I'm missing something, that it has quoted from Tim Child's 'SOMETHING STIRS' post of 4 years ago as if it were current.
Is that picture taken from the pilot, do you think? I don't recognise the dungeoneer's jumper.
Shame about the Mirror falsely getting people's hopes up. :/
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff
Posts: 2362
Joined: 30 Sep 2003, 16:01
Contact:

Re: SOMETHING STIRS

Post by Drassil »

The jumper's familiar from various magazine articles on the website, including some from 1987, so it could well date from the pilot, or from a dedicated pre-Series 1 publicity shoot.
PKB
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer
Posts: 24
Joined: 07 Jan 2004, 20:30
Location: Waterford, Ireland.
Contact:

Re: SOMETHING STIRS

Post by PKB »

Someone care to scan the article and post it please?
User avatar
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight
Posts: 1565
Joined: 25 Jul 2004, 10:33
Location: London

Re: SOMETHING STIRS

Post by JamesA »

PKB wrote:Someone care to scan the article and post it please?
I haven't scanned the full article (the link to the online version I think is sufficient enough) but I have scanned the part containing the bit on Knightmare - you can find it here:

http://t.co/ySW6KM7n
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
PKB
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer
Posts: 24
Joined: 07 Jan 2004, 20:30
Location: Waterford, Ireland.
Contact:

Re: SOMETHING STIRS

Post by PKB »

Thanks. I don't recognise the kid, could this be a publicity shot?

Paul.
User avatar
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight
Posts: 1565
Joined: 25 Jul 2004, 10:33
Location: London

Re: SOMETHING STIRS

Post by JamesA »

As mentioned by Drassil in an earlier post today:
Drassil wrote:The jumper's familiar from various magazine articles on the website, including some from 1987, so it could well date from the pilot, or from a dedicated pre-Series 1 publicity shoot.
Also, I'd like to point out:
Drassil wrote:This Daily Mirror article from today mentions Knightmare. The good news is that it includes an early publicity photo not seen before.
The publicity photo in question can be seen in full via this link, the page also features some other Knightmare pictures which I believe don't feature on the knightmare.com website:

http://www.tvcream.co.uk/?p=1193
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight
Posts: 1906
Joined: 12 Oct 2010, 18:53
Location: Poole, Dorset
Contact:

Re: SOMETHING STIRS

Post by Canadanne »

JamesA wrote:The publicity photo in question can be seen in full via this link, the page also features some other Knightmare pictures which I believe don't feature on the knightmare.com website:

http://www.tvcream.co.uk/?p=1193
Very cool page, hadn't seen that before! Wow, it's funny to see what Lillith's domain really looked like. ;D Nice pic of Motley & Melly too. Thanks James!
User avatar
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 1822
Joined: 22 Apr 2003, 12:53
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: SOMETHING STIRS

Post by Mystara »

Canadanne wrote:Shame about the Mirror falsely getting people's hopes up. :/
Well, of course, it's possible that they know something we don't. It would seem a bit odd for them to draw a conclusion from a very old thread, and not even read the latest posts.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff
Posts: 2362
Joined: 30 Sep 2003, 16:01
Contact:

Re: SOMETHING STIRS

Post by Drassil »

Thank you for the link to the TV Cream page, James. One I'd either forgotten or never seen!
Annie wrote:Wow, it's funny to see what Lillith's domain really looked like. ;D
Now that I had seen before - in SFX in 2008 and again courtesy of James.
Annie wrote:Shame about the Mirror falsely getting people's hopes up. :/
Almost the opposite of what happened here. ;)
Alan wrote:Well, of course, it's possible that they know something we don't.
You may be in a minority in wanting to give a tabloid newspaper the benefit of the doubt! You yourself passed on the information 'from reliable sources that Tim Child has officially "retired"', so I suppose it's up to you whether you deem the Daily Mirror equally reliable. :)
User avatar
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 1822
Joined: 22 Apr 2003, 12:53
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: SOMETHING STIRS

Post by Mystara »

Oh, I don't want to give them the benefit of the doubt at all.
I'm just saying it's possible that, for example, they've spoken to Tim Child. We don't know, for example, that they're actually referring to this thread.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight
Posts: 1906
Joined: 12 Oct 2010, 18:53
Location: Poole, Dorset
Contact:

Re: SOMETHING STIRS

Post by Canadanne »

Drassil wrote:Now that I had seen before - in SFX in 2008 and again courtesy of James.
Hmm, not sure if I'd seen those SFX scans before - the pics of the studio layout and the Brollachan V-Actor headset look familiar, but not the Series 3 group photo. Is the text available to read anywhere?
User avatar
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight
Posts: 1061
Joined: 17 Nov 2002, 22:55
Location: London
Contact:

Re: SOMETHING STIRS

Post by Pooka »

Yeah, I'm liking the S3 group photo - especially the inclusion of Grimwold. It reminds me quite strongly of the S2 one - in fact, I think it may even be the same set.
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
User avatar
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight
Posts: 1565
Joined: 25 Jul 2004, 10:33
Location: London

Re: SOMETHING STIRS

Post by JamesA »

Canadanne wrote:Hmm, not sure if I'd seen those SFX scans before - the pics of the studio layout and the Brollachan V-Actor headset look familiar, but not the Series 3 group photo. Is the text available to read anywhere?
Took me a while to dig the magazine back out and type up all the text contained within the article, but you can now read the SFX 2008 piece as it was written word for word by clicking on the link below:

http://www.knightmare.com/forum/viewtop ... 049#p44049
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Naitch
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Posts: 159
Joined: 23 Aug 2005, 23:53
Location: London

Re: SOMETHING STIRS

Post by Naitch »

So it was all something and nothing in the end!! :'(
Post Reply