Knightmare Pilot: Script now Online

Report and discuss latest knews and developments relating to Knightmare.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Knightmare Pilot: Script now Online

Post by Drassil »

As those who have read http://knightmare.com/behind/pilot.htm may have realised, we are a few days away from another special Knightmare anniversary. On 27-28th January 1987, the second Knightmare pilot was filmed - leading, later that same year, to Knightmare itself. So, in honour of 'Knightmare's 21st', several page scans of the pilot's script are now available.

http://interactive.knightmare.org.uk/le ... re%20pilot

Hopefully, the entire script will eventually be scanned and added to knightmare.com; but neither of those things seems likely to happen anytime soon. Anyway, I hope you enjoy what is available. Many thanks to Billy for acquiring and scanning the script.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Naitch
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:Knightmare Pilot: Script now Online

Post by Naitch »

Wow!

Great find!

Thanks for the link :)
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re: Knightmare Pilot: Script now Online

Post by Drassil »

Billy, last March, you mentioned that your 'scanner got smashed shortly after' scanning the first few pages of the script. Are you back in a position to scan the remainder yet? If not, could I please renew my suggestion that you make photocopies and post them to one of us with scanner access? I am such a person, and would gladly cover your copying and postage costs. It is a shame for the script not to be shared in its entirety. Please don't keep us waiting forever!
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Regarding the page on the knightmare.com website covering the pilot script (http://www.knightmare.com/behind/pilot.htm):

My intention is to NOT transfer this to the new site, UNLESS the article can be completed.

I would love to be able to include the full thing, as I believe that much of it will be of interest to fans. However, the current article reads as being distinctly incomplete.

If members of the community are willing to spend their time scanning a photocopy (thus not requiring Billy to have a functioning scanner or part with his original), then I no longer see a barrier to finishing this article.
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

Hello!

Yeah, huge apologies for this taking much much longer than I'd originally intended. I still have the script kept safely but still no scanner to replace the old one :(

The photocopies, though, is a very very good idea and I can use one of the machines at my college, providing they let me. I would then happily post them to David - it's now been four years since I got this script and there's so many interesting things in it, would love to finally be able to share it with the community!

Will keep you posted on the photocopying progress :)
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Billy,

The new site is likely to go live some time before April (at current estimates). I have not moved the old article across, but will happily insert a completed one in to the new site whenever you manage to get it copied and Drassil manages to scan it.

However, this doesn't leave very long if it's to be there before the new site goes up.
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

With all due respect, Alan, even if Billy, David and/or whoever else volunteers to help with this don't get the stuff to you in time, there's nothing to stop you adding it to the site at some point in the future. Would even make for a nice update. ;)
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Absolutely.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

....So I'm still good cop, right?

*Puts a can of Coke and a slice of cake on the table in front of Billy and looks at him sympathetically.*

Come on, son. Help us out here. You know you want to.

;)

Billy, your last known comments on this were to say in Knightmare Chat that you 'really want it to be shared with the whole community' and that you 'really intend them to get photocopied soon.' That was back in February, a few days after your last post here. I do appreciate that any endeavour that doesn't culminate in you being tipsy on a night bus having done something Awesome is never going to sit high on your to-do list; but other than that, it's hard to see what's stopping you. My scanning offer is certainly still open. :)

My advice would be to set yourself a deadline. And also to remember how it felt to see fellow Knightmare fans in the audience at Better Humans. Do it for them. Please.

Are you going to have that cake or what? ;)
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

I was actually thinking about this today and will add my pleas to those of Drassil and (if I'm not using his name in vain) Nich, who was desperate to get the pilot script up on knightmare.com.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Billy, please will you do this? I know your free time is limited but as far as I can tell, you have enough to accomplish this. If you'd be willing to PM me your postcode, I could pinpoint local photocopying services for you; then all that would be required from you would be a walk there and then on to the Post Office - in the sunshine that you love so much.

Your thoughtfulness in finding, buying and safeguarding the script will not be forgotten; but you've had it for years now, and your reluctance to take a few simple steps in order to share it is getting a little crazy. :)
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

At this stage, I would be happy to personally travel to chateau Billy, pick up the script, take it to a local photocopying service and then bring back the original.

Billy, can you suggest anything that is likely to make this happen (quicker)?
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

Thanks for the reminder :)

I've been awful at this - immense apologies. Without going into too much detail, it's been a hugely eventful year for me and I simply haven't been able to accomplish this so far.

As my mum is able to do free photocopies and scans at work, she is happy to do this for me this very Monday, 14th June. Sorry again for the ridiculously long wait, but after four years owning it - and twenty three years since it was written - you will have the scans very soon!!
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

Update - the scans have been emailed, and it's just a case now of copying them all to my computer (pages 21 onwards are in one file, but the others are in individual emails), renaming them from Scan001.pdf into something a bit easier to manage, and then I'll email Alan them all. I'm just about to head out for a rehearsal but when I get back I'll make a start.

They'll be online soon guys, I promisepromisepromise!! Huge thanks as always to Richard Bonehill for having the script on sale in the first place, it's highly possible that this pilot doesn't even exist anymore so this could be the only record of it. It's worth the wait!
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

I am very much looking forward to receiving this :)