Knightmare on BBC Four

Report and discuss latest knews and developments relating to Knightmare.
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Re:Knightmare on BBC Four

Post by Illusion »

The Brollachan wrote: Flash appears to be disabled thought the button shows. Anyhow the footage can be found by clicking here. I've encoded it into Flash so it should be accessable to most, whilst possibly making it a little harder for some to web-snatch.

Apologies to Illusion for rather dragging my feet on updating bits for him. Hopefully I'll get it sorted soonish. :)
Thanks for that. I had recorded the programme but had not yet got round to watching it. It is okay if I link to this clip?

Who's Hugo Wyatt then?! I Googled it and it brought up a reference to him. ;D
You're on the edge of a ledge...
sozboz
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by sozboz »

Did anyone see TV on Trial - the Verdict where 4 precocious kids watched tv (and wore the clothes, ate the food, tried the toys) of the tv from the 90s, 80s, 70s, 60s and 50s? I wish Knightmare had been on that, I had liked to have seen what they thought. The programmes from the 50s were surprisingly popular.
Malice's loyal subject
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

The Brollachan wrote:the footage can be found by clicking here. I've encoded it into Flash so it should be accessable to most, whilst possibly making it a little harder for some to web-snatch.
Even though you yourself snatched it from the BBC. ;) Still, thank you for the clip, Keith. And talking of snatching...
Kawaii_Catgirl wrote: My reaction was "WHOA, Hugo lost the beard!"
It sounds like you haven't seen Snatching Time, the short horror film in which a clean-shaven Hugo starred last Hallowe'en. It's on YouTube, and is worth watching.
Eyeshield wrote: the stupid announcer said at the beginning of the segment that the show was presented by "Dungeon Master Hugo Wyatt"! Bloody BBC!
I feel partially responsible for this error getting through. When I spoke with the researcher, she made a reference to "Hugo Wyatt", but I felt it would be rude to correct her, assuming I hadn't misheard. I didn't know he'd then be named as such in the programme!

Also, I thought it was ironic that none of the Knightmare clips came from the '80s.
Malefact wrote: Now that a few people at the BBC have turned their attention to Knightmare, maybe now might be a good time to send a few (polite, naturally) emails or letters to them, encouraging them to consider commissioning a new series.
Personally, I have doubts over how worthwhile that would be. Partly because Tim Child has, in his own words,
beveryafraid wrote:abandon[ed] Knightmare to its current position as a piece of Television history;
partly because even if Tim Child has changed his mind, then his own contact with the BBC, during the making of the documentary, will surely have set any wheels turning that need to be turning; partly because it was very pleasing just to have Knightmare remembered by the documentary, and I feel we'd be 'pushing our luck' by asking the BBC to do more; and partly because I agree with Pooka's opinion that
Pooka wrote: BBC have Raven, now they have a fake Knightmare they don't need a real one.
Those are just my views, however. If anyone does actually go ahead and write to the BBC as suggested, please let the forum know how you fare.
sozboz wrote: I've missed virtually all of this season of programmes on BBC4 and they looked so interesting :(
Oh well, sure to be repeated sometime
It's not uncommon for BBC Four programmes to be repeated several months later on BBC Two. I hope this will be the case with the Children's TV On Trial documentaries.
Naitch wrote:Hugo was also pictured in the Sunday Mirror.

Normally I wouldn't read the 'Red Tops' (I'm more of a Times man)T

Still I heard on the radio thatthey had a 'Where are they now' feature and Hugo was in it.
Fortunately, this fascinating article is available online as well.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

It's not your fault, Drassil - if they were going to interview Hugo Myatt, they could at least have asked him his name!
This account is disabled.
My new account is TheOldenDays
TheMightyMartin
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by TheMightyMartin »

It's good to know that Hugo's still got a little "Nasssty..." in him, and I like Tim Child's apparent glee that "We scared an awful lot of children". :o
"I love a girl with spirit. It's great fun breaking it!"
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Kawaii_Catgirl wrote:*slaps the voice-over guy for his "Wyatt" flub*
Do you reckon that the VO guy was on team 7 of season 2, perhaps? I remember when their quest ended, a certain somebody related to this discussion asking them, "How would you like someone to get your name wrong...?"

That would be ironic. :)
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Snowcat
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Snowcat »

So Mr Myatt appears in Computer training videos now hmmm?

I wonder if they put him, head only, in the top corner of the screen as the demonstrations go on around him... ;)
There are but 2 rules in this realm:-
1) He who sees first is the winner...
2) He who is seen first is toast...
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

I'm a bit surprised that Children's TV On Trial hasn't been mentioned on knightmare.com yet, either in the Knews Section or within an Update. I think it deserves to be, as it is arguably the KM news event of 2007. Ideally, I believe it should eventually have a page of its own on the Infosite, consistent with the CiTV Birthday Bash and The 100 Greatest Kids' TV Shows, programmes which also showcased KM clips and discussion - but I know that that would take time, and appreciate that you may not have enough spare at the moment, Illusion.

Please may I also strongly suggest the following for the next Update, seeing as it will be the 20th anniversary Update, and mention of these significant items hasn't made it onto knightmare.com yet?

The YouTube clip of Michael Cule on Knightmare and The People Versus (mentioned here);

Bolt Action Five's Knightmare-themed single, Tree Friend Tree Foe (mentioned here);

The new Tim Child interview (mentioned here).

Thanks.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

Thanks. These will all be mentioned in the next update. I bookmark things I want to include in an update, but forgot to do these in the last update.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
WhiteFloatingSkull
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WhiteFloatingSkull »

Fab footage - Nice to see the ol' Dungeon Master's still got the nastiness...:D
WoOOo, I am the floating Skull - bite my shiny cranium!!!
It still waits.
knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by knightmaredave »

i love charlie brookers screenwipe its gret nie to see a bit of knightmare and hes right they were burnt alive
knightmaredave
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

I love Charlie Brooker because he sits there swearing at his telly because the programmes are all so bad, just like I do sometimes, except the BBC pays him to make a show about it. The man's a genius! His show is very eye-opening too.
Last edited by Eyeshield on 10 Jan 2008, 10:48, edited 1 time in total.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

It would have been great if he did a show entirely on Knightmare. Seeing him effing and blinding at Lord Fear, Romana etc. ;D
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

Ha-ha, yeah, I'd like to see him commentating on that first episode of series 8, which was the one he had the clips from. "Oh, why don't you pick up the f***ing knife and the bird s**t like the f***ing scroll says, you t*t!" That's what I always yell at the screen!
Last edited by Eyeshield on 11 Jan 2008, 20:52, edited 1 time in total.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Drassil wrote:
sozboz wrote: I've missed virtually all of this season of programmes on BBC4 and they looked so interesting :(
Oh well, sure to be repeated sometime
It's not uncommon for BBC Four programmes to be repeated several months later on BBC Two. I hope this will be the case with the Children's TV On Trial documentaries.
That has yet to happen. However, Children's TV On Trial: The 80s is presently available on BBC iPlayer: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... 1980s/.The 90s episode is also there. Thank you to Billy for prompting this discovery.