Series 8 - Episode 8

MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Series 8 - Episode 8

Post by MoanaLiza »

Carry on
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Tom41
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:Series 8 Ep 8 *No Spoilers please this time!!!*

Post by Tom41 »

Knice episode today! I liked the code that the fake Brother Strange gave them - 6,1,2,3,4,5! Seems a bit too 'easy' to be a real code ;) The advisers discussed which one they thought was real. They said the second one was too 'nice', and used the word 'combination'. The first one said 'the order of opening' so they decided to use the first one's code.

And the team were nearly caught by goblins after doing the combination! The advisers were telling the dungeoneer to sidestep to the right, and the dungeoneer was frantically sidestepping to the left! _Just_ escaped. In fact, I think they were let off by the crew, she didn't even sidestep to the left to go into the door!

I originally thought that the FLOAT spell that the 2nd Brother Strange (Lord Fear) gave them was a trap! When they spellcast it, two skeletrons appeared - and they only just managed to open the trap door with the REACH wand in time!

Again, Snapperjack doesn't give them much time to answer "No answer, no answer, no second chancer!". Even the Series 1-3 wall monsters gave them more time than that!

We get to see the Miremen in the 'water' of the Sewers of Goth today. I thought Miremen were supposed to move much better in water than on land, but it looked like they were still moving the same as on land. In fact, it looked like they were walking on the bottom of the sewer ;)

The scroll hinted they had to take the spanner, but they got killed off in the end because they didn't take the fireball potion (brandy). They didn't get far enough to use the spanner, what do you think it would have been used for?

Beginning of Dunstan's quest today. I liked how LF imitated Hordriss's "one" all the time ;) LF also said that the path would close for another year... well, maybe if they made another series, but they never did!
Last edited by Tom41 on 02 Jun 2004, 20:05, edited 1 time in total.
One day you say "Enter Stranger" and big goblin comes in!
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

Ok, forget what I said a few days ago. The team who died today has to be THE most excitable team in history. They were literally SCREAMING at dungeoneer Rebecca when, instead of sidestepping right once, she sidestepped all the way to the left side of the room. They made Gideon sound like he was whispering! And then they perished in Level 2. I wish Treguard didn't look up to the Heavens everytime a team die, it looks rather silly. Still, the fake Brother Strange was recognisable from the fact his costume was clearly too large for Lord Fear.
And now we're onto Team 6! The joke Dunstan told Smirkenoff was amusing, I guess!
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

To add to the list of bloopers, did anyone notice right bfore Majida did the enter stranger and staff thing, Someone behind the door (I think Dunstan as it was someone with a yellowy t-shirt). So Hordriss gets caught out again. So it's looking like Hordriss isn't much brighter than Sidriss after all. When Maldame appeared I was beginning to wonder whos side Lissard was on until LF appeared. I missed the start so I missed the bit with the Lord Fear/Bro Strange. I somehow thought that they made a mistake when they didn't take the Brandy/firball potion. So onto Dunstan and co again. I thought that they might've made a mistake when they didnt pick up Motley's doll, but luckily suggested he'd help them because they thought of a joke.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
LordF
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by LordF »

When Lord F was doing Brother Strange his voice sound like he was doing Rothberry.

Nice to see Grippa and Rhark again in this Episode.

The Miremen must of been walking on the sewer's floor because if they swam they would of been at the floor when they appeared.

Nice trap by the Miremen I must say.

Lord Fear gloating early about how he's going to win the season.

Great Episode.
LordF's DA Account
LordF's LiveJournal
Also known as Lord Fear
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

Arrgh my poor ears are suffering from all that screaming.

Why did a deep male voice (Tregaud I think) whisper "go on" as the team were walking away from the sewer enterance, before they re-entered the corridor?
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
HarveyTowers
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by HarveyTowers »

Treguard: Some small people are often remarkably fierce and tenacious, you know.
Majida: Oh yes. This time you got it!

Lord Fear is quite good at impressions really- do Geprge Bush (why not - everyone else does)

Majida seemed to think that she was a TV interviewer today ("How did you tell the difference between...") - i hear that Parkinson needs a new host!

If when too people touch the wand they both turn into skeletrons - how did Lissard give it to Maldame without getting a bit bonier?

I don't get it ? Neither did the dragon he wasn't 65! And that's how all the joke is.
It seems that humour really does date.
Good night out there; whatever you are!
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

any reason why Fear didn't just kill them off?

Miremen gets a kill... looked kinda silly...

I to thought the Float spell was a trap once them Skeletons came up... why would Fear give them a real spell??

umm a short cut..

The spanner would prbs be used in the blades.. or something like that.

And Lord fear speaks from his screen.. that was a 1st..
That snapper jack is the more annoying man EVER..
But i do like how he isn't going to stand around waiting for answers...
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
sda
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by sda »

It's scary - that thing Treguard does when a dungeoneer dies!
Johnro
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Johnro »

sda wrote: It's scary - that thing Treguard does when a dungeoneer dies!
Isn't it! - I think it's his way of controlling the lights! ;D - Never noticed how the light level darkens during quests before!
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

mind you the sounds effects that go with his hand signals are a bit off.... lol

you know his done some odd things during the show... the hand signals being one, the other was they floaty thing, plus the fake tan, and the 'Bed-head' which was can see from season one... What a great character.
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Series 8 Ep 8 *No Spoilers please this time!!!*

Post by Canadanne »

When Becca arrives in the corridors of Goth, the flaming torch on the wall appears to be frozen! And yet it's suddenly animated during the Eyeshield sequence. :P

Am I the only person who suspects that Becca's team were given the answer to the goblin riddle? They clearly have no idea about the werewolf question, and I'd say the goblin one is slightly harder, yet one advisor confidently provides the answer with no discussion whatsoever (and without the slightest glance from her teammates), which makes me think it's been edited. In fact you can hear one of the others say "Rat?", but it seems like she totally ignores this suggestion and just goes "Say it's a goblin!", in a strangely forced way as if she's delivering a scripted line. Maybe I'm wrong, but I always get the feeling they spared this team from having their dungeoneer netted - which is rather a shame in my opinion! Would've been more fun than seeing her blindly walk into a Mireman.
Harvey Towers wrote:If when too people touch the wand they both turn into skeletrons - how did Lissard give it to Maldame without getting a bit bonier?
I think it's because he's wearing gauntlets. A more puzzling question is why Lissard is holding the same wand again during the first spyglass scene of Dunstan's quest - did Maldame give it back?!
shadow6162
Knight
Knight

Re: Series 8 Ep 8 *No Spoilers please this time!!!*

Post by shadow6162 »

That screaming scene I can also remember watching back when I was 7. I'm pretty sure I heard one of the advisors saying "Sidestep to your left." before all the screaming started; that might have been what made Becca sidestep left. And was that Jackie (Majida) telling them to calm down when they got out of the room?
Many years ago I wrote fanfictions. Now I attempt to write sanely.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re: Series 8 - Episode 8

Post by Drassil »

I understand that earlier this year, team captain Alan Boyd (Mystara) was introduced to a tree lizard known as a Boyd's forest dragon. Its life expectancy is reportedly five to ten years, so it too might appreciate a joke about being too young for a pension.

Motley refers to a joke about the Englishman, the Irishman and the goblin. He did the same thing during the first quest he appeared in (Series 3 Quest 2).
Morghanna
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: Series 8 - Episode 8

Post by Morghanna »

Team 5 encountered another Brother Strange. Treated him the same way and received a code and a "FLOAT" spell.
Decided to trust the 1st monk as they thought the 2nd one was too generous and, like LF, he referred to a code rather than an order of opening.
The difference between the real character and the imposter was far less blatant than usual, making them think a bit harder. They reasoned it out very well.
Reached the rune-locked door. Under pressure from goblins they took far too long to open it and descended into screaming panic before they somehow got Becca out. 8-o 8-o
Reached the trap-door and used the "FLOAT" spell to safely reach level 2.

Straight into the level 2 clue-room and correctly chose a spanner, but also selected gold instead of the fireball brandy. :exclaim: A mistake? The fireball brandy could have been used as a bribe or for defense.
Cornered by Snapper-Jack at the sewers. I thought they were gonna fail here, but they just about did enough to scrape thru.
In the next chamber they were confronted by miremen. Any slight chance they might have had of sneaking past them vanished when Becca ignored her instructions and walked straight into one of them. 8-o Treguard suggested that they needed the fireball brandy....

Team 6 were assigned the quest for the crown.
Quickly reached the level 1 clue-room and learned about a possible short-cut to level 3. Wisely chose the green dagger but also took a key rather than Motley's marotte.
:idea: Nice thinking from advisor Alex: "Do we want the key to level 2 if we're gonna use the shortcut?" Also, Motley's marotte was usually an item which teams needed to take. (Possibly S5 team 7 discovered this to their cost?)
Next room they encountered Smirky and Motley. (Oh no, they didn't have his marotte, this could be costly. 8-o) Fortunately he didn't want it anyway, but requested a new joke instead. Dunstan quickly told him a goodun' :D and received their advice before the gong sounded.
"I think it's about time you got wise to the ways of real magic. The kind that is borne on the dark side." >:D