Re:Series 7 Ep 9

MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Series 7 Ep 9

Post by MoanaLiza »

Okay guys :)
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Tom41
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Tom41 »

I assume this is the ep that aired today (13/05/04) on Challenge? Just finished watching it.

I found it odd how they had a totally non-scary human guard at the end of Level 1. Should have kept the Dreadnort ;D
Also, did you notice how they pronounced Brollachan completely wrong? Something like "Brolly-con" The guard still accepted it - yet when another team called MARAFACT 3 times it didn't work ;)

I liked the black cat that appeared with Sidriss at the beginning (and at the end during the credits) Looks just like my black cat, except it has a few white patches. IMO they should have used a pure black cat. I wonder if the cat running off at the end was intentional?
Last edited by Tom41 on 13 May 2004, 20:07, edited 1 time in total.
One day you say "Enter Stranger" and big goblin comes in!
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

Firstly, a mystery has been solved in this episode: the dungeoneer can indeed see himself in the room after a sight potion is applied. This team are doing fairly well so far, it was a bit strange at the end where Ben and co were given an unusually short time to make their decision on what objects to take. As for the 'Brolycon' (as Ben called it, seemingly rhyming with 'Polygon'), they learnt that information from Romahna earlier on. And the man in that room seemed to be a re-incarnation of Series 5's Gatemaster, strange how they resurrected him after a break of one series though. Finally, I notice Challenge didn't cut out the 'You'll have to wait a week to find out' bit, as in other shows they usually do.
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

the fireball room in level one....
it's is more of a level 2 room.. unless it's used without the fireballs.... not bad.. but it was the only thing they really had to deal with.

But so fair so good... pity the characters have been little dull during this teams quest.
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Debz_g
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Debz_g »

Damn I missed it! And I was doing so well, watching regularly and all!! :(
"You think maybe a girl can't do this? Ha!! Like camel I spit on you!!"
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Luckily for you I can't without losing sleep...
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by knightmaredave »

i agree fire ball room should be a l2 puzzle or even L 3
have to agree thoguth that spike chamber was an absolute nasty death for both teams who dies there
i dont really need challeneg althoguh if ia at my friends i will watxch it and tape it all the same!!!!
Julies quest is great!!!!!!!!!!
one of my faves!!!!!
knightmaredave
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Re:Series 7 Ep 9

Post by Canadanne »

Spotted another status bar error in this episode. It says that Ben is only carrying a set of keys, but he also just collected a firestone which isn't shown.
AriadnesLayer
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by AriadnesLayer »

Romana: Can't see you making it, personally. (Sarcastically) No hard feelings. Farewell.
Ben: 'Kay, bye.

;D
Even treguard chuckled at that.
Morghanna
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Morghanna »

Team 5 ran into Romahna first up and didn't exactly impress her. :-/
Reached the clue-table and chose the keys and (bizarrely, but correctly) a mop.
Soon used the mop to uncover an "INSIGHT" spell.
:exclaim: Couldn't actually hear what Lissard said the password was, as it was muttered.
Used their spell to negotiate the firebomb room. I really don't like these seeing spells. (Ok, i know i have mentioned this a few times already. ::) I will try not to mention it again....)
Took way too long to release Fidjit.
The level 1 guard was rather underwhelming. Not exactly Gumboil or Gibbet was he? Liked the way Ben told him the password was "brollycon". ;D 'Spose it was close enough.

Reached level 2 via dragon-flight and had a rather pointless encounter with Brother Strange.
Entered the level 2 clue-room in the undercroft. Found what might be the first piece of a spell. Chose the key & "darkness" powder. Sound of approaching troll as time-out arrived.
In general discussion this team seemed rather pedestrian, but when they needed to move Ben quickly they did ok.
"I think it's about time you got wise to the ways of real magic. The kind that is borne on the dark side." >:D