Series 7 Episode 6?

TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Re:Series 7 Episode 6?

Post by TheBrollachan »

Interesting how they used the dwarf tunnels as a clue room, with Brother Strange appearing. Could the dungeoneer see what was going on in the Trial-by-Spikes room before the sight spell was used? He seemed to think he knew which squares to stop on although they weren't the correct ones, though the spikes took there time to reappear. Also the 'sight' spell din't show the path directly in front as it showed the dungeoneer in the image.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Series 7 Episode 6?

Post by Canadanne »

"Alex won't be able to move so quickly when he can't even see his feet!" Well actually Majida, I think you'll find his feet are about the only thing he CAN see. :P

The greyling in the dwarf tunnel retreats as Alex walks forward, so why doesn't it end up in the same room as him?!

The gong sound used for the Brollachan's departure can be heard for no apparent reason as they go to exit the corridor with the clue objects (and again in the next episode, as they guide him away from the boat). What's that about? Someone have their finger on the wrong button?

Alex looks into the spyglass himself instead of holding it up to the Eyeshield. Strangely, it still works. ;)

I was quite amused that Majida counts Lissard as one of Lord Fear's "monsters" along with the Brollachan and trolls, even though he's basically her Opposition counterpart!
AriadnesLayer
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by AriadnesLayer »

In this episode Majida says they can't take a spell AND two clue objects. tregaurd says they can because the spell counts as knowledge rather than an object.

I was just wondering if this, or something that contradicts it, ever comes up in another episode because Majida says it sounds like they are making up the rules as they go along and treguard doesn't exactly deny it and instead looks a bit shifty.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

This isn't the first time we've seen a team gain a spell from a scroll at the same time as picking up two clue objects, even if it is a first for Majida. (Other examples: Team 3 of Series 5, Team 5 of Series 6.) I don't think there's any bending or breaking of known rules here.

After Treguard explains it to Majida:

"Treguard, who makes the rules around here?"

"Why, I-I-I've no idea, I think-"

"I think it's you. I think you make them up as you go along."

Personally I don't think Treguard looks shifty. I think he's uncomfortable with what he considers to be unnecessary questioning and baseless accusation from Majida. My sense is that he doesn't want to dignify Majida's comment with a response. I can't blame him.

In my opinion, Treguard is not at his best when he's being undermined like that.
AriadnesLayer
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by AriadnesLayer »

An interesting line from The Brollachan in this episode after the team answer his questions:

"Always tell the truth... or you will see me as my OTHER self." And then eerily vanishes.

Very sinister and unless I'm mistaken, not something that is alluded to before or since.
Morghanna
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Morghanna »

Team 3 made slow progress thru level 2. They discovered that Hordriss was trapped and that they needed an anode of power to free him.
In the dwarf tunnels they met a new character, the enigmatic Brother Strange, who told them they needed to find Greystagg for help. Also in the tunnel was a clue-table. They took witch hazel and a torch. (leaving gold & a gem)

Majida's persistent interruption's are really starting to grate on me now. >:(

Arrived at the trial by spikes, but without the combo. Romahna arrived just in time and crossed ahead of them, showing the path. Alex sidestepped very slowly and his advisors didn't tell him to speed-up. I didn't think they were gonna survive this room.... 8-o
:question: Why did they need the "SIGHT" spell? The advisors told Alex where to move anyway. They could have done that without it.
Answered the brollachan's questions easily enough.
Reached Greystagg and traded the witch hazel for her anode of power.
Saw off a grayling in the dwarf tunnel then encountered Hordriss. Used the anode to release him and in gratitude he conjured the descender to level 3. Yay! :)

Neat touch with the fake dungeoneer remains. (in the mark-1 helmet of justice)
Reached the clue room but decided to take the items not indicated by the scroll. :-/ Alex didn't agree with his advisors, but did as instructed.

Team 3 seemed competent, but not as lively as the first two teams in S7.
"I think it's about time you got wise to the ways of real magic. The kind that is borne on the dark side." >:D