Series 5 - Episode 11

Dunshelm
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Series 5 - Episode 11

Post by Dunshelm »

So...what did everyone think of episode number 11?

Thats the second time an episode has ended in that room, not so long ago in Ben's quest just before some big drama was about to start, and now again here, just when some big drama is about to start.
OK episode, again, very castle based.

And it was nice to see a rather large Skull in that s4 room! Even If it did make a silly noise
Last edited by Anonymous on 19 Jun 2004, 21:35, edited 1 time in total.
- A distinctly magical fashion and therefore somewhat unreliable
Dunshelm
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: Series 5, Episode 11 (Mon 12th)

Post by Dunshelm »

And another thing I noticed, Pickle fluffed up his line 'Lets hope it has a dragon Pad Master' lol
- A distinctly magical fashion and therefore somewhat unreliable
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Series 5, Episode 11 (Weds. 12th)

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Didn't get to see it this morning, but I'm not surprised about Pickle. There are several lines he messes up a bit.

Will post more this evening.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Lord_Bob

Series 5 - Episode 12

Post by Lord_Bob »

Opinions thoughts etc. Surprised no1 has put anything down.
           Good team overall. Got a couple of questions wrong from Gwen but played well the rest of the time. Looking forward to next episode. Pickle made me laugh this episode with his "asleep" routine. Any more comments?
Last edited by Lord_Bob on 19 Jun 2004, 21:37, edited 1 time in total.
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re: Series 5 episode 12 (Wed 12th)

Post by Velda »

This was a good episode and I like this team.  They don't take ages choosing and they're good at guiding the dungeoneer.

It was funny when the spell was used to make a hero (Sir Hugh) appear.  He might not be the brightest chap, but he's good at protecting people!  Why does he have to say the same opening line though?  Hmm...

The bit with Gwendoline made me realise that this version of the dungeon isn't so tough on dungeoneers.  She said that she'd give them the password if they answered two questions correctly.  Yet, even though they only got one right, she still let them have the password.  No way would that have happened in earlier series.

Liked the bit with Sly turning into a hobgoblin - I've noticed that the way he acts and speaks is more like the way we've come to remember now.  He sniffs more than he did at the start and his voice is rougher and not so much like Motley's.

Thought the scroll was funny - I vaguely remember that.
Fan
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Fan »

I thought it was a great episiode.  The team played very well.  I liked the part when they said the Hero spell when they were in a bit of trouble.  It was good.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Series 5 Episode 11 (Wed 12th) - CORRECT HEADING!

Post by JamesA »

Get it right people  ;D
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Series 5, Episode 11 (Mon 12th)

Post by JamesA »

Pickle getting into a pickle again  ::)
Oh dear  ;D
James Aukett
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Re: Series 5 Episode 11 (Wed 12th) - CORRECT HEADI

Post by Purgatory »

lol i was getting a bit confussed.

they picked the Blood stone ....  oooooh not a very good choise if you ask me.  
But they seem to be able to handle the causeway pretty well.  

But what a bloody cheat.. they should have NEVER gotten the password.. i can not waite to see them die. the blocker should have killed them off..  i just can not believe it..   it just meens any team taking the quest wont need to worry about getting questions right or wrong as they will get the results anyway...
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

why have we got 3 different topics for this ep?
was it extra special or something?

i'm gonna repeat meself..  but i will say CHEAT!!!
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

And it's especially unfair on the last team (Jenna's) who unfortunately died on Level 1
James Aukett
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Yep. I actually feel sorry for Team 2, who died in Level 2 in a pressure situation essentially from wanting to escape Ariadne, and despite showing a lot of ingenuity and wit with Skarkill.  In contrast, Team 3 were let off despite not listening to Treguard, Team 4 frankly had it pretty easy overall, and this team had at least one let off too.

Um, anyway, the episode. Pickle was annoying, and he fluffed a line that wasn't even new. I'm warming ever so slightly to the Treguard/Pickle banter overall, but I've not suddenly been overcome by a conversion to liking it- let's just say I'm flinty rather than steely in my disapproval.

This episode was a lot better as far as the regular characters went. I agree with what Velda said in one of the improperly named threads about Sly Hands sounding more like his "proper" self. I also think Mark Knight seems very into Lord Fear by now, whereas in the first few episodes he really seemed to be needing to find his way. The Skarkill/Fear conversation on the goblins was a lot of fun, even if essentially pointless.

I'm not sure what to feel about the let-off with the questions from Gwendoline. I'm not even sure what consistency would suggest. Team 3 were let off despite not even having the token and frankly, Team 4's questions from Gwendoline in the supposedly more difficult Level 2 were much easier than the ones this team received.

Some nice effects, including when Sir Hugh disappears complete with flash and that lovely sound effect. Something was a bit icky in the Blocker room, though. I need to watch it again, but I was sure I could see the edge of the blue room quite clearly.

Despite their mistake, I do like this team. They're not full of themselves, they're unassuming, they get on with things and try to work as a team. Oh, and they've obviously thought about their guidance system- "turn to 11 O'Clock" and such, which is good to see.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

I personally like this team, I think that they may have got a couple wrong but essentially they had the arrow which was needed, unlike team 3 who were let of despite the lack of an arrow. They arent as slow as team 3 and work together very well.
Cull
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Cull »

In fairness, I agree that the team technically shouldn't have got the password, especially as Gwendoline did say "two correct answers will please me" before asking the questions. Though she was right about the team trying, and the answers sounded kinda logical to me (although my Dad said the second answer was Charcoal as soon as Gwendoline had finished the question, and I think the advisors first thought that too :) ). Plus they did carry the arrow, which may have been a pincher to them being let off...

That aside, I like this team too. They certainly feel like one of the better teams - better team interaction, dungeoneer seems to have a better idea of what he's doing... seems to me more of the dungeon being iffy/in their favour rather than the team being bad.
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

Lol, I know I posted this in the improperly named topic (wrong episode number!) the other day, but here it is again in the correctly headed one:

This was a good episode and I like this team.  They don't take ages choosing and they're good at guiding the dungeoneer.

It was funny when the spell was used to make a hero (Sir Hugh) appear.  He might not be the brightest chap, but he's good at protecting people!  Why does he have to say the same opening line though?  Hmm...

The bit with Gwendoline made me realise that this version of the dungeon isn't so tough on dungeoneers.  She said that she'd give them the password if they answered two questions correctly.  Yet, even though they only got one right, she still let them have the password.  No way would that have happened in earlier series.

Liked the bit with Sly turning into a hobgoblin - I've noticed that the way he acts and speaks is more like the way we've come to remember now.  He sniffs more than he did at the start and his voice is rougher and not so much like Motley's.

Thought the scroll was funny - I vaguely remember that.