Series 5 Episode 4

Lord_Bob

Series 5 Episode 4

Post by Lord_Bob »

Opinions etc as usual, this team have a good idea of movement but boy are they slow! Still thats what will get them in the end (no spoilers this time please) I missed team 2 getting caught by Skarkill so I will watch that bit tonight
WhiteDevil
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: Series 5 Episode 4

Post by WhiteDevil »

This team seem really slow at doing everything - too slow for my liking. How did they not manage to hear the password from Scaremonger, it was clear enough.

Not paying attention do i think...
Those Who Live In The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It
Dan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Dan »

Still thats what will get them in the end (no spoilers this time please)
How, by any stretch of the imagination, is that very sentence not a spoiler?
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

I laughed so much today.

It seems to me that this was definitely a team who were let off because the next team hadn't arrived yet.

But boy, were they thick. At one point it sounded like they'd only take one object from the clue stump if Sarah had her way, and they completely missed that obvious clue from Treguard about the arrow being a "token", not a weapon. He might as well have shouted "TAKE THE ARROW!", really. They were obviously told between scenes that they were supposed to have taken it, because they first think they're supposed to offer it to Julius, then try and get him to give them an arrow!

Poor old Rayner Bourton really seemed to catch the dull teams. I'm amazed at how he managed to make these scenes flow at all, with continuously dull teams talking nonsense. You've got to give him credit, really, for managing to stay remotely in character. I did like his comment that he "Can't get enough of nut cutlets". I'm guessing the thing they were trying to give him to help him catch rabbits was the poison, LOL, knowing that they were supposed to have an arrow and that the poison was the object they didn't need. And yes, I thought it was obvious that he said "FRIGHTKNIGHT" as the password.  

They were awfully slow in the scene with Gwendoline too. Clearly they were meant to give her the arrow, but they'd ignored Treguard. I didn't get why they tried describing Julius when the obvious thing would have been to give her his name- perhaps they weren't listening when he said that, either. Perhaps they forgot. And when Gwendoline is obviously angry they're carrying poison, they go and offer it to her. Oh dear, oh dear.

All in all, I'm still chuckling at it.
Last edited by GrimaldineGrimwold on 27 Oct 2003, 21:12, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

I forgot a few other things that made me laugh-

- The whole "magic horn" thing, obviously.
- Sarah saying the boatman threatened her after she bids him farewell!
- "Hide the knife somewhere." LOL.

Easily the funniest episode yet this series, in my opinion.
Last edited by GrimaldineGrimwold on 27 Oct 2003, 21:18, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Brangwen
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Brangwen »

I quite liked it when the dungeoneer described how long the arrow was^_^

I kinda like this team, though they ARE slow!
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

This is my favourite episode so far, even though the team are exceptionally slow!  ;D
PERSAUD
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by PERSAUD »

Have challenge bought the rights to series 6,7 and 8?
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Not yet, no. We'll have to wait and see. How well series 5 performs will no doubt influence their decision on whether to get more.
Subject to change.
Future_Boy
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Future_Boy »

So the team missed out on taking the obvious choice of the arrow, but what has it cost them? They still got the password of Gwen, will they be punished in the future?

I hope they dont get too far, otherwise given the speed of the team they'll be on for about 5 more episodes.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Funny you should say that... :)

(Welcome, btw!)
Subject to change.
Cull
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Cull »

Hello all, I'm kinda knew. :) I was on the old message board before it turned into the forum-style - just never got round to signing back up!

Have Challenge? changed their schedules for the night showing of Knightmare? I tuned in last night ready to tape the episode, only to find Fort Boyard was on instead, so missed it entirely! I checked our weekly TV guide, which said it was supposed to be on at 12.55am...
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

Couple of things firstly
How, by any stretch of the imagination, is that very sentence not a spoiler?
That was a bit of one but I wasnt giving too much away and I urge others not to either. Sorry to confuse you.
Secondly, the whole fiasco with that team was really funny. Especially when it took then sooo very long to figure out what to say to Julius. Still the series will hopefully get better
WhiteDevil
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WhiteDevil »

Sorry Cull but JamesP was on here a few days ago and said that Knightmare was loosing its 12:55 slot. It had it for 3 episodes before the new Fort Boyard took over.

However he has said it will be being repeated in December maybe, so just tune in again then. Otherwise its 10AM & 6PM showings..
Those Who Live In The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

hide the knife was a pretty good moment..  i wasn;t sure if i had heard them right at 1st... it really was a stupid thing to say.

But due to the big mistake (arrow) the team wont be allowed to win.. wich is in fact unfair as they was able to get past with out it. but because of their poor actions, Observation and listerning skills, speed. they are one of the worse teams on the list.  

And the Amount of clues towards Frighktnights being wrong was amazing..  for a start they had the scroll, also 'greenwood' the real answer kinda gave it away and who gave it to them... And the biggest of all the comments from Lord Fear talking to his Frightknights. lol
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery