Series 5 - Episode 3

TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Re:Series 5 Episode 3 *Contains Spoilers Of Ep4*

Post by TheBrollachan »

So the team started off by releasing Pixel from her bottle to attack Sylvester Hands, got the password from Sly. Next I think was the blocker followed by Brother Mace at the enterance to decender. Doesn't it take a long time to reach level 2.

Anyway in level 2 Motley was trapped in a playing card and they eventually worked out they had to shout SNAP. Then into the green wood they encounter Gwendoline - Motley falls in love with her before being frightened off with a bow & arrow. Next into Ariadne's layer they picked up the spy glass, as Ariadne approached they panicked and took the horn leaving the gold & ignoring Gwendoline's advice. Out of the layer they gained the causeway code through the spy glass, before gaining the level 2 password from Oakley - his face has shrunk a bit. Next was the level 2 blocker followed by the causeway. The episode ended with an encounter with Skarkill - no prizes for guessing what will happen at the start of the next episode - LOVELY!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
Tom41
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Tom41 »

Resumed from time-out with Sylvester Hands 'harrassing' the dungeoneer. They had flowers now, so they let Pixel out of the bottle - and she used her needle several times on Hands! He agreed to give them the password for Level 1 if they told Pixel to stop it - and they did ;) Got the password SARACEN. Pixel didn't want to go back in the bottle though, so flew away.

Through an eye-shield sequence into a room with a Blocker. Got some food off the barrel, then the Blocker came forward - so had to give it the password they just got from Hands. The blocker went away and they exited through the door on the left.

Next was the entrance to the Descender, with Brother Mace in front of it (who gave a sort of elevator 'this floor' speech ;)). Mace kept making bad jokes and giggling, and said that wellways are too old-fashioned so now they use modern technology - the Descender opened.
To start the Descender, they had to say "Down Boy!", count 6 floors down, then say "Halt!" to stop it on the 7th. This was the first team to have to stop the descender themselves at a certain point - the previous team had the descender auto-stop at the next level.
The Descender stopped at two doors. One had a FrightKnight above it (notice the advisers ask Pickle what that thing above the door was), so they took the door without the FrightKnight.

Entered the big red hall room, and found Motley trapped in a 'joker' playing card! To free him, they had to name the card game where the joker takes all. Took ages to decide on an answer, and eventually shouted "Snap!" to free him. Motley gave Richard a nickname, 'Dicky' because he apparently wasn't too smart, taking so long to figure out the answer!

Through an eye-shield sequence into a forest clearing. Motley broke a twig that was lying on the ground, causing Gwendolin to burst in with her bow drawn! Gwendolin kicked Motley on the ground (I'm surprised that was allowed!) causing Motley to run off. Gwendolin then said that they need to go to Ariadne's Lair to find some clue objects to bribe your way through to the gate tower. Also said that they need a password for Level 2, but she didn't have it. They needed to find Oakley, wake him and please him to get the password.

Through the portal into Ariadne's Lair - this time in the forest, but there was still a web at the top of the screen. Ariadne suddenly came in, so they hurredly had to take two items and leave! They took the Spy-glass and the horn, leaving the gold. But wait - didn't Gwendolin mention something about bribing?

Next was a clearing with a large oak tree. They now had time to look through the spy-glass and saw Lord Fear talking to Skarkill. Overheard a colour combination for the causeway - Red, Blue, Green and Grey.
Then, they shouted 'Awake, O Great One!' to wake up Oakley. Same face as before, just on a different tree. Oakley wasn't too pleased about oversleeping and missing spring!
Oakley set them one riddle, they got it right so gained the password for Level 2 "Leaf Mould".

Through another eye-shield sequence into a blocker room, where they got food and gave the password they just got to the Blocker.

Next was the causeway. Each hexagon had a FrightKnight symbol on it, but all were different colours. Navigated very well, if a bit slowly (good thing there wasn't a FrightKnight timer). I think they only have to follow the combination on the main area of hexagons with the FrightKnights, but they still tried to follow the combination on the blank ones at the end!

Into a castle, where Skarkill finally caught up with the dungeoneer, and wanted to clap the irons on him! Timed out in these scene though. I won't spoil the next episode, but I think they should have taken the gold to bribe him...
Yet another Smirkenoff flight sequence under the credits.
One day you say "Enter Stranger" and big goblin comes in!
DazzaS
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by DazzaS »

I dont think il bother watching knightmare any more as every on here seems to think it aint enough just to comment on their thoughts of the episode but have to run a running commentry on it! :D

Good episode though. Still dont like the outdoor shots though or the indoor village shots. Didn richard and co look like they were gonna fall off the causeway a few times though? :o

The good thing bout this seris onwards i think though is that there are more interatcion between characters across different levels (helped by fatc there is now clearly different sides maybe?)

Cant wait tillthe next episode. Shame im on holiday for the whole of next weeks episodes. does that mean i miss the winning quest?
Ooh, nasty!
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

DazzaS wrote:Cant wait tillthe next episode. Shame im on holiday for the whole of next weeks episodes. does that mean i miss the winning quest?
I thought that you were saying that you weren't bothered about not watching anymore Knightmare. So anyway even if you do miss a couple of weeks, you will still be able to catch up as you'll have most of the info you need thanks to Tom, Billy, the Brollachan, Harvey and occasionally myself and I think I've forgotton one more person oh yes I think it's Dan. Mind you you can't beat watching the real thing as you don't have so much impact when you read reviews as you do when you watch it.

I'm not going into anything at the moment about anything to do with winning/losing series 5 later quests as I don't want to spoil anything for people who have not seen nor read about anything further than todays ep and so therefore do not know what happens in latter quests.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
DazzaS
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by DazzaS »

I was not being serious when i said il only read the running commentery on the forums but it did dawn on me after i posted it that they will be useful when i get back so i know what i missed.
Ooh, nasty!
darkDescender
Knight
Knight

Post by darkDescender »

It's Dark Descender's Drunken Rantings! Now with 50% more nonesense! And spoilers!
Sadly, the announcer who makes those 'clever' comments after each episode has had a concrete donkey dropped on him.
Started with Sly 'ands and used Pixel the Welsh pixie to scare him into submission. Gained password while Sly's voice disintigrated into Motley. Passed blocker. Met Brother Mace in a very jovial mood. Took the Descender (Hurrah!) down to level 2. Motley trapped in joker card. Richard called SNAP to free him and earned the nickname Dicky. Revealed Motley hates the great outdoors. Good for him. A man after my own heart. If I had one. Which I don't. Boring Warden comes in and threatens to 'shaft' Motley. Seems a bit harsh as all he did was snap a twig. Also yet more inuenndo. Didn't seem to notice hints at needing to bribe someone. Escaped Ariadne's lair with spyglass and horn. Used spyglass and got colour code for causeway. Then earned password from Oakley. Another blocker, Followed by That Angular Chap...will they be able to escape without the gold? will they f...
"Welcome to one of Mogdred's little playpens, dungeoneer. Play awhile...Play forever! Mwahahahahaha! Mwahahahahahahahaha!!!"
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Re:Series 5 Episode 3 *Contains Spoilers Of Ep4*

Post by JamesA »

dark Descender wrote:Gained password while Sly's voice disintigrated into Motley.
Having recently rewatched this, I actually found this quite amusing with regards to how Paul Valentine completely forgets who he's playing. Maybe because it was the fact that Sly Hands was a new introduction to the season and was still tyring to get used to him.
Tom41 wrote:Got the password SARACEN.
Oh, and the password they actually got from Sly was SAMURAI.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Series 5 - Episode 3

Post by Canadanne »

If Oakley's been asleep all year and missed the spring, how the hell does he know what today's Blocker password is?
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Here are three possible explanations:

1. The Greenwardens practise arboreal hypnopaedia (taking a cue perhaps from King Midas' barber).

b. After a disastrous date with Medusa, Little Acorn has made the best of it by becoming a double agent.

iii. Oakley hasn't been asleep that long and is referencing a running "It's spring! No it isn't!" joke that he has with Ingrid, the florist seen earlier in this quest.

In honour of Oakley's meeting with Richard, a ballad was written by local musicians Greenwood Day entitled 'Wake Him Up Ten Days Before September Ends'.
Morghanna
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Morghanna »

Team 2 were making good progress, altho they took a very long time over Motley's question. Finally answered it tho and received his guidance.
Gwendoline was in a particularly stroppy mood 8-o but she calmed down after Motley had fled.
Didn't like her dead hedgehog comment. >:( She's supposed to be a greenwarden....

They were perhaps unfortunate when they were hurried out of ariadne's lair. They had to decide instantly which object to take (horn/gold) with no chance to consider. In the rush they forgot Gwendoline's advice that they would need something to use as a bribe. :(
They were confronted by skarkill as time-out arrived again.
"I think it's about time you got wise to the ways of real magic. The kind that is borne on the dark side." >:D
asrl07
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by asrl07 »

I've played snap as a child but have never heard of "joker takes all" used in it.
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

If you call snap because there is a snap, then you take all the cards, right?

If the joker is a wild card, then you can call snap whenever he is played, thus being able to take all the cards.

I think that's what he meant.
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
Morghanna
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Morghanna »

Ah thanks, i wondered about the Joker in "snap!" as well.
"I think it's about time you got wise to the ways of real magic. The kind that is borne on the dark side." >:D
Mashibinbin
Staff
Staff

Post by Mashibinbin »

The Joker's more likely to turn up in Superman than a game of Snap I'd say.
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

Mashibinbin wrote: 12 Aug 2020, 17:23 The Joker's more likely to turn up in Superman than a game of Snap I'd say.
While that may be true if you're referencing Superman: Emperor Joker, I'd be more inclined to expect him in Batman... considering that he's Batman's arch-nemesis. ;)
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.