Series 5 Episode 2

Elita
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re: Series 5 Episode 2

Post by Elita »

Had a bad day Elita?  :o
Nah, I'm just a bitch.  ;D

I thought the first team were too pushy with the characters too. If Brother Mace gives you gold to take to Julius Scaramonger, then you bloody well hand it over, you don't piss about trying to bargain with him. Yes, ol' Julius can;t be trusted, but it was Brother Mace who gave them this particular task, it wasn't their gold to bargain with. And you do NOT demand information from Hordriss! (unless you're aiming to offend him of course)

Anyway, looking back at the episode, I think the Dungeoneer got killed off due to Failure To Tell The Dungeoneer To Stop. (never a good thing) I'm not sure whether that's more or less embarrasing than stepping on the wrong block...
"Gentlemen! Please! You can fight like itsy bitsy babies later. Right now we have adult name-calling and mud-slinging to attend to."
- Dr. Nightmare, Attorney at Law
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

Well this episode was pretty slow too, but I suppose that's because they're just getting used to the new format.  It was still good though!

So we're onto the second team now and things are starting to shape up.  They were a bit slow to start but they seem a good team.  Pixel is a pretty good demonstration of computer graphics at that time and she seems a sparky li'l thing.  Sly Hands isn't as stupid as he is later on and he doesn't say that exclamation "Oiah!" all the time (y'know the sound I mean!).  I like these styles of Causeways but it's missing something without the frightknights.  Skarkill, Julius, Hordriss and Lord Fear all excellent as usual and the moment where Pickle tells us to bog off is great!  :D
Elita
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Elita »

Nah, I'm just a bitch.  ;D
PREGNANT DOG?!?! That's not even right, it's FEMALE DOG! Stupid fekking censor... I find being called a pregnant dog much more offensive than being called a b-i-t-c-h!
Last edited by Elita on 24 Oct 2003, 04:43, edited 1 time in total.
"Gentlemen! Please! You can fight like itsy bitsy babies later. Right now we have adult name-calling and mud-slinging to attend to."
- Dr. Nightmare, Attorney at Law
Snowwiewolf
Knight
Knight

Post by Snowwiewolf »

Nikki attack! *Nikki attacks bob the censor* bitch?!?! Thats an insult to all dog kind!
Last edited by Snowwiewolf on 25 Oct 2003, 19:46, edited 1 time in total.
I'm an alien, you're a berry picker!
Tom41
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Series 5 Episode 2

Post by Tom41 »

(merge with current thread please - I didn't feel like digging for the old thread)

Oddly the status bar had a '1/2' symbol on it, denoting 15 and a half minutes into their quest! Usually they'd just round up to the nearest minute.
Hordriss wanted the team to recover a shin-bone from a Sphinx. In return, they got a box containing a pixie, and information not to open it until they encounter opposition forces - and the pixie won't work on Frightknights.

In the next room, Skarkill and a couple of goblins appeared. They opened the box and Pixel the Pixie came out, and stabbed Skarkill with her needle a few times! Skarkill ran off with his goblins! After that they had to thank Pixel for her help, and she agreed to stay with them to fight off more enemies later - but no Frightknights!

Through an eye-shield sequence, and then the very first appearance of a causeway! They opened the box and Pixel gave some information "Don't be offensive."
The team were clearly surprised when the blocks started dropping, and I'm sure the viewers were too! Although they chose the right path, they made the dungeoneer sidestep one too many to the right and fall off the causeway! Ooh, nasty!

Next is Richard's team from Kent. Since I missed the beginning of the 1st episode, I noticed two more changes here. The teams are asked which quest item they wanted to retrieve - this team chose the Cup. In this series, Treguard asks the dungeoneer if he had second thoughts before putting the helmet on him!

Came onto Smirkenoff and through a flight sequence, landing in front of a castle. Is that Bodiam Castle in Sussex?
At the castle gate, the team found some food and other clue objects. Found a spy-glass and used it to spy on Lord Fear. Learned that Skarkill is looking for the dungeoneer, and wants paying for his services! Just put the spy-glass down in time.
They opened the strange bottle and Pixel's voice came out! She said that she'd only come out if there were some fresh flowers around. They decided to take the bottle and the silver - wisely leaving the dagger.

Next was another causeway, this time with Rock, Paper and Scissors blocks. They found the right path by walking onto whichever symbol the previous symbol would beat. (e.g.. they were stood on a Rock at the start, so went onto Scissors)
Navigated the causeway very well, and through an eye-shield sequence into a forest clearing with a house nearby. Look out for an 'inverted' lens flare in the eye-shield sequence!

The lady next to the house was selling fresh flowers, and they bought some flowers with the silver. Asked her if she knew anything about the dungeon, she didn't but indicated where the exit was. In the next eye-shield sequence there were a LOT of wolf noises!

Into the outskirts of a village, and Sylvester Hands appeared, and noticed they had no weapons. But it timed out right here!

I'm surprised Challenge didn't delete Pickle saying 'bog off' to the viewers. And the Challenge announcer says that everyone in the series is out of work now...
View of the Descender under the credits.
One day you say "Enter Stranger" and big goblin comes in!
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Re:Series 5 Episode 2

Post by TheBrollachan »

Missed the start due to bits and pieces, but I saw the first team die on the causeway by stepping a bit too far to the right.

The next team got on Smirkenorff who took them to a different castle to start off. At the castle gates was the clue objects. By using the spy glass we got to see Skarkill for the first time wanting a pay rise. Took a fair bit of time deciding to take a bag of silver and the bottle containing pixel. Next was the causeway of stone paper scissors. I'm not sure what specific order they had to cross it in - I thought it would have been the opposite to what they took but it is level 1. Then into the forest and a cameo appearance (I think) of a women selling flowers. Brought the flowers with silver and temporal disruption arrived as they encountered Sylvester Hands.

Like Pickles ending: "I say you lot... BOG OFF"

Hated Challenge announcers attempt to be funny "Sadly since this programme was made all the actors in it have been unemployed".
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
DazzaS
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by DazzaS »

I forgot this seris and the next had the causeways in them.

Not the most memorable of episodes apart from Pickle's infamous "bog off" heheh! I still dont like the exterior shots, why not just keep to the interior of the "plain reality shots" ok now i will stop moaning.

Good to see Mark Knight gradually finding his feet in the role and Clifford Norgate getting more proud and less scary.

But what was the announcers line about? "oh they are now out of jobs"?????? >:(
Ooh, nasty!
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

Tom - It would make my life a lot easier if you would search for the correct threads rather than have me or the other two mods constantly having to merge them, it is not that difficult to do as this section does not have THAT many pages.

On the episode side, the new causeways are of course a huge inovation, possibly the largest KM had, and certainly very effective as this team proved in the session.

I don't think 'Bog Off' is a phrase which needs editing myself, after all they aired it in 1991 at 4pm, am sure they have no worries in 2004 at 8pm!
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Eli
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Eli »

"Sadly, since the making of this program, all the actors are out of work"
"Sadly, since the making of this program, everyone's hair has fallen out".
I wonder how many more of these cracks he has up his sleeve.

It was a shame to see the girls go; the brunette advisor was loveleh 8) As for team two, the Smirkenorff sequence was a wee slow I thought, borderline padding. It lasted a long time in Episode 1 but Smirkenorff was flying faster so more was happening. Maybe if they had dramatic music playing as they were riding him it wouldn't have been so bad, though as long as the weeping drawbridges have gone, I'm not complaining one bit ;)
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

Today saw the first appearance of Arthur Scargill, and Pixie the Pixel.

Erm, hang on, I'll start again.

Today saw the first appearance of Skarkill, and Pixel the Pixie. Then Team 1 not only became the first team to face the dreaded causeway, but the first team to die there too. And thus onto Team 2- Treguard asked Richard if he was sure he wanted to do this, and, of course, he said yes. You can imagine the reaction if they had said otherwise...

"Are you quite sure you want to go through with this?"
"Erm, well, actually, no. I want to go home"
"Oh. Well then, Spellcasting P U S H O F F"

On a completely unrelated, yet still KM related note, I'm not sure at all about the solarise effect used for outdoor scenes in this series. Sometimes it looks good, but most of the time it just takes the reality out the whole thing. Elsewhere in this episode, T&P had a quick chat about Level 1. I have a sneaking suspicion that this was filmed after everything else, as the team suddenly goes silent and T&P are only seen in close up. Still, the Broadsword sound effect was at it's right pitch today, although the Anglia endcap ("ANGLIA PROGRAMME" instead of just "ANGLIA") was still unusual!

EDIT: And, of course, this episode contained Pickle's famous 'Bog Off' line. Is it true you can hear the production assistant laugh after he said it?
Another oh so witty Challenge comment during the Decender credits (in which the writing was neatly synchronised to the movement of the Decender) about everyone in this episode now being unemployed.
Last edited by Billy on 26 Aug 2004, 21:25, edited 1 time in total.
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

Prehaps they have on the repeat...

"Sadly since this episode was shown last night, the Challenge announcer who made the 'clever' remarks over the credits has been sacked."
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

Sadly? Wouldn't be bad...
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

Kieran wrote: Tom - It would make my life a lot easier if you would search for the correct threads rather than have me or the other two mods constantly having to merge them, it is not that difficult to do as this section does not have THAT many pages.
I have now made this board an announcement board so new topics cannot be created - only existing ones can be replied to.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
darkDescender
Knight
Knight

Post by darkDescender »

Hi! It's time for another one of my politicaly incorrect rants!
Started with Hordriss after a bone. handed over a box containing a pixie and dungeoneer asked for more. Cheeky whelp. Next room, and finaly! the first appearance of That Angular Chap, Skarkill! Skarksy was attacked by Pixel the Welsh pixie. Then on the causway the team plummeted to an assuredly messy doom. What a pity. Never mind. Team 2, started on Smirkenorff who was a bit slow today. Notice when Treguard asks Richard if he can see the saddle Richard replies "Yes, sir." Now that's manners! Not like the kids of today! It really is a sad world when you can't even walk down the street without a six-year old calling you a f****** ***** *****r. But anyway. spyglass followed by taking pixel's bottle and bag if silver. Causway quiteearly on. Then timed out round Hansds after buying flowers for pixel. Note to self: Assasinate Challenge! announcers.
"Welcome to one of Mogdred's little playpens, dungeoneer. Play awhile...Play forever! Mwahahahahaha! Mwahahahahahahahaha!!!"
Andrea
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Andrea »

Hmm. That looks like a tough floor puzzle those girls died on. Would suit level 3 better than level 2.

I pity any team that had to try to cross it on level 1...
THE CLIMB
Girl-fronted rock band
http://www.soundclick.com/theclimb