Series 4 Episode 8

beamrider2600
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Series 4 Episode 8

Post by beamrider2600 »

Kind of a different quest this time, I think - events aren't unfolding quite the same way as in the others. Pickle appearing in the dungeon for instance.

This welsh team are slightly odd. I know they speak with a welsh accent and I'm not critisising them for that - but aren't they a bit loud? They're almost robotic as well, anyone else get what I mean?

Did anyone else see the letters that appeared in the dungeon every now and then? What were they about - I was suprised that no-one commented on the show.
..........................lets go ride some BEAMS!!
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Series 4 Episode 8

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

There are letters in a few series- for CITV competitions and such, added long after filming, hence no mention on the show.

I laughed when they referred to Hordriss as "some old man". Such rudeness!
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
beamrider2600
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by beamrider2600 »

Thank god it was CITV - I had a slight suspicion that it was challange adding the letters. I didn't dare to mension it becuase it would've made me angry. Actually, I was planning on writing an angry email to challange complaining about the letters if it was the case. CITV - I'll let them off because it was so long ago they'd laugh if I wrote a complaint now. ;D
Leggy1210
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Leggy1210 »

Hmmm... I noticed the letters too... no idea what it spells though!

Episode 8 posted... (http://www.legs-world.co.uk/nostalgia/k ... ries4.html)

Gosh... weren't they lucky with Oakley...!
"Side-foot to your right...!"
Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Porsmond »

It was quite a good episode today but the main person directing Simon was being a bit loud I must admit.
Did anyone else see the letters that appeared in the dungeon every now and then? What were they about - I was suprised that no-one commented on the show.
As someone said above, this was for a CITV competition when the episode was first broadcast hence why there was no mention of them on Challenge. You had to write down all the letters, make a word and then send it off in a competition. There was also an episode like this in Series 3 if my memory serves me correctly.
Gosh... weren't they lucky with Oakley...!
YES they were, they didnt even have to answer any questions either did they, very odd and got off lightly I think.
Dan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Dan »

YES they were, they didnt even have to answer any questions either did they, very odd and got off lightly I think.
Let off, perhaps, on account of only getting one question right at Dooris?  Or perhaps they were getting bored of the length of time teams were spending answering questions in level 1...

This quest is odd to me.  They were granted free passage all of the way so far - I think whichever objects they took from the glen they'd have been given a scenario to use them in.  And guided through the (very short) corridor of blades... poor advisors haven't had a chance to get their left and right sorted in their heads, no wonder the inevitable is coming. ;-)
beamrider2600
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by beamrider2600 »

Talking about Dooris - anyone notice she sounded different this episode?
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

A very unusual episode, but I enjoyed it! I like this team, they're quite enthusiastic despite their impending doom!

I noticed those letters from that competition appearing - a competition that doesn't exist any more, hehe!  :D

First of all, Dooris' voice was different, less annoying than before thank goodness! Good job they got one question right - I suppose they would've died otherwise.

Eye shield room - Thought it was a funny how they didn't notice that the "old woman" was young when they had shots of her face!

Forest of Dunn clearing + Oakley - Oh, I loved that scene where Pickle appeared! Funny how Treguard didn't say anything 'til Fatilla and Simon had left.  It was a good scene, that! As for the Oakley bit, they sure had a lucky escape, no questions! I wonder if that would've happened if any other team had got just the one question right from Dooris. I think Oakley's voiced by Clifford Norgate, but that isn't important, just an observation  ;D

Fort Doom - Loved the goblin bit and the wellway room with the lizard, I vaguely remembered that!

Level 2 so far - One of my favourite bits! I remembered Gundrada's room, the room with Hordriss and the Corridor of Blades a lot more clearly because for a while I had that bit on video (the previous episodes and the start of that one I'd taped over - why?) - I remembered the conversations and actions quite well and that the "DONG!" happened just after the goblin horn sounded.

All in all, an enjoyable episode, despite some bumbling!

*rubs hands in glee at the thought of tonight's episode and THAT phrase*
Last edited by Velda on 10 Jun 2003, 13:11, edited 1 time in total.
beamrider2600
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by beamrider2600 »

I thought Dooris was very badly acted compared with before. It used to be funny before - but now it just sounds pathetic.
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

yep i remember the CITV compertition concerned happening but i can't remember what the prize was.

i actually jotted down the letters and got have got the answer...anyone who would rather not read just dont highlight the text appering between the two  ;D smilies.

;D the letters spelt out NAME HER BLADE (those weird symbols meaning space) and the answer was .....  Slash ;D

anyway, yeah...i noted treguard and pickle had a different script this episode ;) and pickle in the dungeon...*spooge*

the team didn't get questions from oakly but did get the first pooka of the series not a fair exchange really but it spiced it up a bit.

i reckon they were just trying to get teams through level one asap so they could get a winner...oh well, legendry episode approaching ;D
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

I thought Dooris was very badly acted compared with before. It used to be funny before - but now it just sounds pathetic.
The whole weeping door thing got very tiresome very quickly, as far as I was concerned. I'd agree the acting often wasn't up to much- certainly when compared to the She-Mumbler.
Last edited by GrimaldineGrimwold on 10 Jun 2003, 17:04, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
RoxxAatherton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by RoxxAatherton »

Did anybody notice that as you look at the three advisors, the one on the right, that didn't do a lot of talking, really sounded like one of the characters from Postman Pat? ;D
Foxxy Roxxy
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Did anybody notice that as you look at the three advisors, the one on the right, that didn't do a lot of talking, really sounded like one of the characters from Postman Pat? ;D
Okay, that definitely merits watching it again.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

As someone said above, this was for a CITV competition when the episode was first broadcast hence why there was no mention of them on Challenge. You had to write down all the letters, make a word and then send it off in a competition. There was also an episode like this in Series 3 if my memory serves me correctly.
Yep, there was a set of letters in S3 too, in much the same fashion. The letters in the S4 competition read "name her blade". Watching kidsies would have learnt Gundrada's sword was called SLASH, of course.
RoxxAatherton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by RoxxAatherton »

Okay, that definitely merits watching it again.
Oh Grimaldine Thanks so much! You're the first person to reply to one of my messages and its made me feel so welcome!, ooh us Knightmare watchers are such a lovely bunch! Ok I'll stop now - less you think i'll start stalking you.

And the on the subject of Postman Pat characters, it's the guy with the really high voice - hard to miss hehe!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Foxxy Roxxy