Series 4 - Episode 9

HobGoblin
Staff
Staff

Re: Series 4 - Episode 9

Post by HobGoblin »

All these years later and still a news story:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/lifestyle/ ... ip-8122634

Or at least it's a news story when you have to find something to fill the lifestyle/nostalgia section of your website...
Extreme warning team, a Hobgoblin in the level!
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Haha... someone should tweet them the Dungeoneer Appeal video!
FaveWorstKnightmare
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by FaveWorstKnightmare »

"By the way, what is rugby?"
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

So, who enjoyed watching Simon sidestep to his left again this morning? ;D
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Me!! After all these years, it still makes me laugh out loud! ;D
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
Morghanna
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Morghanna »

Team 4 evaded the goblins, then encountered Brother Mace. He gave them a "Joker" card, but only after he finally dragged the answer to his question out of them....
Into the block&tackle room and the floor to the left collapsed, so advisor Andrew hurriedly gave the directions: "Simon, sidestep to your left!" ;D ;D ;D And a slice of Knightmare history was created....

It was amazing just how neatly he did it. It was all over in a moment. The last team i remember going quite so suddenly with, no premonition of real danger, was team 1 series 3 in the quicksand. Several other dungeoneers fell to their death, but in most cases you had a suspicion of what was about to happen.
Brilliant acting from Hugo Myatt & David Learner to remain in character and not burst out laughing at this crazy moment, altho the latter kept his hand across his face for a suspiciously long time.

It was an odd quest because team 4 were virtually carried thru level 1 and level 2. They effectively had a pass straight into level 3, provided they could answer one extremely easy question from Brother Mace and avoid walking into any chasms. One of these two tasks proved beyond them....

Team 5 didn't guide their dungeoneer at all convincingly and seemed apt to panic.
Did ok against Dooris, then agreed to a pact with Hordriss and received the eye-shield.
Did very well against Oakley with 3/3 answers. Massive inconsistency: Team 4 faced no riddles and got full clues. Team 5 got 3/3 and got no clues. ???
Yet another team who had to ask how many clue objects they could take. ::) Surely by series 4, teams should know basic details of the adventurer's code.
"I think it's about time you got wise to the ways of real magic. The kind that is borne on the dark side." >:D
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

We all know what Everyone's Favourite Thing is in this episode. For me, a close second - and I only picked up on it on my most recent watch - is Brother Mace's response to the team deducing that a pack with 53 cards has an extra card: "Simplissimus but excellent", presumably an ad lib, delivered as an aside. Asides are very rare from a dungeon character (Motley's the only other one I can think of) and very funny here.

I do wonder whether Michael Cule was engaging with a reaction from the crew (cf. his card mishap in Quest 8 of this series). BritBox must have appreciated it too as it's one of the few bits of Brother Mace's Latin that they've subtitled.

In Brother Mace's room, I like Andrew's need to explain why he told Simon to sidestep left instead of right ("I was gonna get him round the chair"). He'll have a lot more explaining to do after the next time.

Vicki's response to "There's a talking face in front of you" is "I can't see it." Perhaps the most bizarre thing any dungeoneer ever says.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
s4t8brett
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by s4t8brett »

Perceptive as ever, Drassil (about Brother Mace, I mean)!

Possibly one of the last significant maneuvering errors in this episode? Similar to the quicksand in Series 3, Team 1.

We were quite determined not to get caught out by series 1-3 maneuvering errors in our adventure (in series 4), and series 5-8 seemed to have had far less of them altogether, if I recall correctly.