Series 3 - Episodes 1/2

Billy
Knight
Knight

Re:Series 3 - Episodes 1/2

Post by Billy »

I've been waiting ages to see the first minute and a half of this episode, as my copy is incomplete...good to see it at last!

So I'm not the only one who noticed the edit in today's episode...I'm quite surprised, actually, as there appears to be no reason at all why they did it, unlike when they cut out the CiTV plug in S6. Oh well. Good to see the first ever appearances of Mrs Grimwold and Mellisandre, although it was ridiculous that the Brangwen-She (also in her first appearance) false-hooded the first riddle. Treguard hinted quite a lot in the Serpent Chasm-
"You don't seem to have enough TIME!" and so on! And Motley acted tremendously like Folly today, dancing around and so on.
Last edited by Billy on 12 Jul 2004, 20:40, edited 1 time in total.
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

Mellisandre appeared in the previous episode, only she didn't speak.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

Ahem, yes...no idea how I make THOSE kind of mistakes!
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

My recording is incomplete, too, but I don't have cable anymore. Could a kind person please tell me exactly what the first riddle was? :)
Subject to change.
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

Here you go, it says it in this thread: http://www.talkknightmare.co.uk/yabbse/ ... readid=178 .
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Thanks very much! That young so-and-so Malefact pre-empted me. :D
Subject to change.
Velvet
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Darker Side of Motley?

Post by Velvet »

Did anyone notice Motley take a funny attitude to Cliff in episode 3 of season 3? Usually, Motley seems just happy to laugh about, but in that one I think he got a bit of a bee up his bum about Cliff, and I'm not that sure why.

It's possible that it's because earlier in that adventure, Cliff made Mellisandre laugh when Motley failed (albeit simply by looking 'too ridiculous for words'), but he did seem to become a tuch vindictive.

Anyone else think so?
My sites:
How to Survive Your Teens
My fanfiction:
fanfiction here: Velvet D'Coolette @ fanfiction.net
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Series 3 - Episodes 1/2

Post by Canadanne »

Episode 1:

- Odd how they had to challenge the wall monster (Cedric-style) in order to begin. Was this the only time it ever happened?

- Motley introduces himself saying that "me mates call me Mot" - which is strange because nobody *ever* calls him that in the whole of the five series he appears in!

Episode 2:

- What the hell kind of flat, burnt-looking "cake" does Mellisandre put in their knapsack?? It doesn't look very appetising!
Morghanna
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: Series 3 - Episodes 1/2

Post by Morghanna »

Episode 2 was fairly low key. Team 2 made good progress, altho they were quite slow at times, receiving a scathing, "I should consider your life force team!" from Treguard at one point. Plenty of familiar rooms again, but often with new occupants.
Brangwen Shee was a great new manifestation, with a menacing tone, located in Igneous's old room.
2/3 correct answers, so they had to guess between the hourglass & the gauntlet.
Cliff was thinking far more quickly than his advisors in the serpent's-head chamber.
Mrs. Grimwold was quite funny, not a bad substitute for Mildread.

That level 2 spindizzy looked precarious. I wonder how many dungeoneers actually fell off and were given a 2nd chance....
Reached Merlin in his new lair as time ran out.
"I think it's about time you got wise to the ways of real magic. The kind that is borne on the dark side." >:D