Series 3

37Herbie
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:Why series 3 was the best

Post by 37Herbie »

Series 3 was indeed a very good series! Knice to watch them try and get passed the 3 steps when they were missing one of them! Always made me laugh!
"Oh Dear, What a Pity, Never Mind"
Naitch
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Naitch »

Series 3 was Awesome, and probably THE series.

I loved them all though.

I always liked the Minecart and the Cavernwights.

I thought all of it was incredible though.
37Herbie
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by 37Herbie »

I would have to say it was probably the hardest series of Knightmare as well in regards to difficulty. Owen the Dragon would have a stupidly hard question and if you got that single question wrong then you failed! Should have been 2 tough questions and 1 was enough for the Dragon Magic, getting both provided an additional bonus to make life simpler somehow! Shame never got to see how the ending of a quest would have looked like in Series 3 (Would it have been the same as Series 2 or did they have the objects then for the teams to return?)
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

The season 3 end-of-quest appears to have been similar to season 2's. For instance, judging by the credits of one of the episodes, the 'guillotine-door' room was retained (albeit modified).
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
37Herbie
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by 37Herbie »

Ahhhhh, the clue was there all along ;)
37Herbie
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by 37Herbie »

Just out of Interest, what do the Series 3 Lovers think was the second best series in Kngithmare?
TomDread
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by TomDread »

I suppose i was the one who started the Series 3 vs. 5 topic so yeah i am a series 3 lover. Well, it depends whether you prefer the eary or late series. The first best early series would have to be obviously 3. The second-best would be series 2. As for the later series, in my opinion, would be series 7. The second-best would either be series 6 or 8. Agree, anyone?
Last edited by TomDread on 18 Oct 2006, 17:53, edited 1 time in total.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Series 3 was the best, but only slightly ahead of season 2 (which is my personal favourite; if that sounds like a paradox... well, I can't explain it).

After that, I'd probably say season 8. S4 to S7 always frustrate me for various reasons, the main ones being that they were largely set outdoors, and that there were far too many locations where there was no danger to the dungeoneers.

And S1 was just too samey all the way through, not enough architectural variety, so to speak.
37Herbie
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by 37Herbie »

HStorm wrote: Series 3 was the best, but only slightly ahead of season 2 (which is my personal favourite; if that sounds like a paradox... well, I can't explain it).
Strange things happen in Knightmare so, understandably, the stangeness seems to live on inside the fans :o
After that, I'd probably say season 8. S4 to S7 always frustrate me for various reasons, the main ones being that they were largely set outdoors, and that there were far too many locations where there was no danger to the dungeoneers.
But maybe that was the idea! To get them into a false sense of security and then bunge them into a quick survival place like a causeway or corridor of blades!
And S1 was just too samey all the way through, not enough architectural variety, so to speak.

I suppose you can forgive Series 1 as they probably had less resources (so repeated a lot of the quests layouts to run smoother) and once they knew a particular room worked they wanted to just use it over and over again. I suppose there is only so many times you could hear "Casper the key, That's Me!" or "I'm not Ogarth, I am Granitas of Legend!" Always will have a soft spot for Series 1 for the rest would not have happened without it. In the wise words of Treguard:

"You may only go onwards, there is no turning back!" :o
Last edited by Anonymous on 18 Oct 2006, 22:15, edited 1 time in total.
kev_hamster
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by kev_hamster »

Series 3 was easily the best. It's just a shame that no team won it - especially as there were 2 excellent teams who were let down by not knowing one question.

Second best would be series 8 in my view.

Series 4 would be the worst, but did introduce the corridor of blades, and was the only series with the hilarious Fatilla - who was gonna blip ya, and blop ya! lol
Last edited by Anonymous on 11 Nov 2006, 21:39, edited 1 time in total.
37Herbie
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by 37Herbie »

A yes, good ols Fatilla :o
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Could any of the 8 winning teams have won in Season 3?

Post by Fidjit »

In order: (Leo and Martin tied on first)

1. Leo (4)
1. Martin (11)
2. Ross (6)
3. Cliff (2)
4. Julie (10)
5. Chris (12)
6. Gavin (1)
7. Simon (3)
8. Scott (9)
9. Kelly (7)
10. James (5)
11. Douglas (8)

Thats IMO of course That was the beauty of the game though. Even the slightest error from that series indicated the certain dimise.

Douglas and co obviously came last, they made far too many mistakes in my point of view. However I did say once that Douglas was the basic dungeoneer, it wasn't his fault they got killed off because of his teamates poor observation.

Series 3 was nothing short of a fine series and its certainly captured the heart of every Knightmare fan on the forum. It was a new revolution, alas the rooms were the same at the time but the challenge from earlier series was certainly not the easiest.

It was the first series I caught up with few years ago and still remains at the tops for me. (The worst was Series 5 for me)
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re:Series 3

Post by knightmaredave »

I definately agree tatsweries 3 was my fave too. Probably because of the small cahnges amde like dwarf tunels, Morghana and also the eeries crepy level 3 Morghanas room was interesting, shmae we only saw him once. As for difficukty yes it was hard as it was so fast paced u either would win or looose. The goblins and hon goblin were a great introduction and rhen theres good old Mrs G.
knightmaredave
Velvet
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Velvet »

I've just started watching series 4, the first series involving a sidekick (Pickle, of course) and I'm realising just how atmospheric it was just to have Treguard and the advisors in that antechamber. I'm not sure how much agreement/disagreement there'll be to this, but I think that Treguard was always better off without a sidekick.

There was far less humorous bantering, for a start.

Series 3 had a nice, clean-cut feel to it, without being too cutting-edge. I'd very much like to see this series recreated as the new Knightmare.
My sites:
How to Survive Your Teens
My fanfiction:
fanfiction here: Velvet D'Coolette @ fanfiction.net
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

I agree that the series was better without an assistant. I always found the 'witty' exchanges very distracting, and it was annoying the way the quests would always be put on hold while we were made to sit through it.