Series 3 - Episode 15

Wolfshead
Knight
Knight

Re:Owen

Post by Wolfshead »

I agree that fire might have been the spell as it would have to be something Dragony.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re: Dragon Magic

Post by Drassil »

I know this is an old topic, but I like speculating on unused spells...
Brangwen wrote: I just think it would be a similar spell to FIRE and they'd have to use it to attack Morganna before she got the chance to attack them.
That's the theory I'd go along with. I've tended to regard Malice as Morghanna-renamed-and-recast (and developed through her appearances), so I think it's plausible that the use of FIRE against Malice in Series 4's winning quest was an idea originally intended for use against Morghanna. And what more fitting 'dragon magic' could you have than a FIRE spell?

[Note: this has also been discusssed here: http://www.knightmare.com/forum/http:// ... eadid=1757 ]

Addendum: It's noteworthy that Morghanna says, 'I stoop to extinguish your flame.' This might have been intended as an ironic prompt for the team to use their own fiery magic.
Last edited by Drassil on 30 Dec 2005, 02:15, edited 1 time in total.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
King_Gazz
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:Dragon Magic

Post by King_Gazz »

They could have had a freeze spell to stop morganna
Blocker: PASSWORD? Advisor: Chris say red, blue, green & Grey. Chris: red, green, blue & grey. Advisor No chris red, blue. Blocker: GULP
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Series 3 - Episode 15

Post by Canadanne »

What on earth is Hordriss muttering about, when the last team of Series 3 find him meditating on the ledge? He seems to be repeating something like:

Dungeons deep, darkness cold
For those found the least bold
For those found the most of fear
Then let us find in darkness here
She whose walk on legs like sticks
The silver web that traps and grips

Trying to summon Ariadne perhaps??
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

ARGH, Challenge didn't record AGAIN this morning! This is very frustrating!!
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

??? think your box is broken, mine has recorded all of them.
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Not had any recording problems either. You may need to get your box checked!
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

wombstar wrote: ??? think your box is broken, mine has recorded all of them.
It's so bizarre though, we record stuff all the time and it's only Knightmare that has been giving me trouble. ??? It works when someone is keeping an eye on it, but as soon as no-one is here, this happens! Gah!
EvelynMason
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by EvelynMason »

Canadanne wrote:
wombstar wrote: ??? think your box is broken, mine has recorded all of them.
It's so bizarre though, we record stuff all the time and it's only Knightmare that has been giving me trouble. ??? It works when someone is keeping an eye on it, but as soon as no-one is here, this happens! Gah!
That is strange ???

Can't be a fault with the digibox itself if all other programmes are recorded, but hope you sort out this issue. Would a technician help ? I'd try anything given the circumstances.

Best solution is to simply be present when it records as you say. (Although can't find a rational explanation as to why it should play up when you leave it on it's own) 8-o
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

Tom41 wrote:Treguard spellcast UNITE to get them away, instead of DISMISS.
I wonder why he did this.

A reasonable assumption to make would be that this was a mark of respect as the team got so far and died at what was (presumably) a final encounter - however, since there had been two winning quests in the previous series, the team couldn't really be considered "reigning champions" á la the final team of Series 1.

And, to my knowledge (correct me if I'm wrong, it's been a while since I watched S3!) he didn't do the same for Leo or Ross, who also got into Level 3 before meeting their own end(s).

So I wonder why the UNITE?
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Pooka wrote:And, to my knowledge (correct me if I'm wrong, it's been a while since I watched S3!) he didn't do the same for Leo or Ross, who also got into Level 3 before meeting their own end(s).

So I wonder why the UNITE?
When Leo perished after choosing the wrong path in the stained glass window room, Treguard did actually vanish his advisors by spellcasting UNITE, as he said that "their performance deserved more than dismissal".

As Martin's team also managed to get as far as the stained glass window room, Treguard must indeed have felt that once again the decision to spellcast UNITE to vanish the advisors was fully justified.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Belated thanks to James for his factual answer in the previous post.

In this episode I like the way that, even though Team 12's quest was to be constrained by time, they got new candles.

Knightmare Series 3 Teams 11-12 candles.jpg
Knightmare Series 3 Teams 11-12 candles.jpg (182.88 KiB) Viewed 8966 times
Morghanna
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Morghanna »

A classic episode! As this was the penultimate episode of series 3, team 11 realistically had the last chance of the series to master the dungeon, as it was obvious that the next team wouldn't have time....

They quickly escaped the goblins and reached the mine entrance at the end of level 2. Brilliant moment when the advisors were mumbling about what to do next and Martin snapped at them, "Stop whispering! I can't hear you." ;D They summoned Motley, who helped them into the cart and pushed them thru the force-field, down the track to level 3. Yay!

Great detail how Martin shook himself down when he climbed out of the cart. ;D
Thru a beige dwarf tunnel to the clue-room. The only object was a talisman, which turned-out to be a destructor. Amusing how Martin shook his hands when he put it down. ;D

Then disaster! They encountered the dragon and were asked a tough question, which they eventually answered wrongly. :( I think their question was less difficult than the one Leo's team had from the gargoyle, but it was still tough.
Next up was Merlin's chamber, but they realised that Morghanna was closing-in on them. >:-] Her mocking laughter could be heard and her haunted sword was hovering. They avoided the sword and summoned Merlin, who offered them a warning against her.
In the next room her sinister laughter was again heard as she summoned Kaa from the pit, but they calmly escaped and collected a piece of the chalice on the way out.
No cavernwights in the next room, but instead Martin was rushed by a massive hobgoblin and another fast-moving goblin. The team reacted with impressive speed to escape. :)
Easily manoeuvred past the cat statues. Martin certainly got ready to sprint thru!

In the stained-glass window room they collected the final piece of the chalice on the 2nd exit but, before they could escape, a figure materialised. A beautiful sorceress dressed in ornate, flowing black robes. Morghanna! >:D
"Enough of foolishness and enough of fools! You have been lucky so far, but now my curiosity is exhausted. My delight lies on the dark side, so I stoop to extinguish your flame." She cast her spell and fired a blast of energy from each hand at Martin's head. "An end to the quest!" >:-]
Ooooh very naaasty! :(

Team 11 were unfortunate. Martin was one of the most proactive and entertaining dungeoneers ever. They were a good team and would have succeeded but for that one question. Altho they fell at the final hurdle, at least they have the small consolation that their demise was one of the most memorable ever on Knightmare. Terminated by the dark queen of level 3, in person. >:D
Sadly, this was to be the last appearance of Morghanna.... :'(

I agree with Drassil's idea that the dragon's magic would probably have been "FIRE". They could have used it to get their retaliation in first on Morghanna. (If so, this plot-line was saved and used in series 4.)

Team 12 just got started and encounter Hordriss as the bell sounded.
:idea: Noticeable that the shield quest symbol over the door in the die-room had been made larger and more prominent since team 7 failed to notice it....
"I think it's about time you got wise to the ways of real magic. The kind that is borne on the dark side." >:D
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Morghanna wrote: 16 Jun 2020, 14:38 :idea: Noticeable that the shield quest symbol over the door in the die-room had been made larger and more prominent since team 7 failed to notice it....

First time that's actually come to my attention after all these years... well observed!

Having now seen both clips, the shield in Chris's quest also makes a slightly different noise upon its appearance too...
Attachments
Shields.jpg
Shields.jpg (49.58 KiB) Viewed 7516 times
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary