My Knightmare Dream

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
simiano
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re: Knightmare dreams (again)!

Post by simiano »

i dreamt once i was standin on the cause way and i just ran across it safly without using tha code or did i fly over it i cant remember oh and i had the chance to give lord fear a bit of a shock and used thandaga on him and the metal he wears didnt help the pain lol.
why do we let these kids mess up our clean and tidy dungeon
Rikuki
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

weird km dream

Post by Rikuki »

I dreamt I was on a team with three of my best friends, and I was given a spell called "sacrifice", and the only way to get past some Knightmare character (not sure which one) was to sacrifice one of my team-mates, and I couldn't do it, so my friend Tim told me to side-step left to get away and I fell down a big hole into a pit full of dead cats.

My dreams never make much sense.

r.k. x
Rikuki Jabu Kuraruku (Kessa on chat) - do I lie like a lounge-room lizard, or do I sing like a bird released?
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re:My Knightmare Dream

Post by Velda »

Last night, I dreamed that a new quest season had started and that a dungeoneer was on the first quest, I saw some new rooms and areas but can't remember much about them. That wasn't the main part of it anyway - the main part was the relationship between Treguard and Majida...she kissed him! Then he realised how he really felt for her and kissed her back - lol! :D
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Velda wrote:the main part was the relationship between Treguard and Majida...she kissed him! Then he realised how he really felt for her and kissed her back
:o :o :o :o :o :o

>:( >:( >:( >:(

HANDS OFF HER, TREGUARD, YOU SANCTIMONIOUS DUNGEON MONGREL!!!!!

;)
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
123Pooka
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by 123Pooka »

As a child from about the age of six onwards I had an odd recurring nightmare of an intimidating giant walking from the end of my street getting closer and closer until his face was up against my window glaring at me cowering in my bedroom. This was more a nightmare than a dream as I remember waking up in a bit of a sweat rushing looking at the curtains - terrified to open them in case this great big face would appear behind the window. The face was a sort of pale grey colour wearing a black hat with an evil stare whose look alone would cause me to wake up shivering! The giant face looking at me was Mogdred.

Except I didn't know that this character had entered my dreams by watching knightmare until I watched a rerun of series 3 on Challenge (I could not consciously recall any of series 1-4 on original airing as I was too young). My reaction when I saw Mogdred again aged 17 was hysterical. I wasn't really afraid of him anymore just sort of gripped and amazed. I thought I had imagined him up!!! I haven't had that nightmare for a long time. Did anyone else have a childhood knightmare that was similar????
The only way is onward, there is no turning back. Oooh nasty, didn't realise the road ended there!
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re: I had a dream about Knightmare...

Post by Drassil »

Quite fittingly for a recurring dream, that's the second time you've mentioned it in this thread. ;)
123Pooka wrote: Interesting topic- dreams on knightmare. I remember once having a nightmare as a child where a green face wearing a black hat was looking through my window at me. He had a booming voice. I always wondered who this person was and whether or not I had just made it up.
When I went on this website, I rediscovered this nightmarish person- it was Mogdred! I couldn't believe it. When watching series 4 on challenge I recognised Mogdred's final appearance- that must have been what sparked off the knightmare.... and my obsession with it.
It reminds me of Roald Dahl's BFG.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
123Pooka
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by 123Pooka »

Oh no!!!!!! I thought I might have done but couldn't remember. Fascinating, that post was before my Uni days too. I think the Uni drinking has fuzzed up my memory. Well as you say it is fitting. I think I told it better this time - ;) more suspense and more detail. Oh dear, and I even said I rediscovered him on the website which is different from what I said yesterday so one of the two posts is untrue. Still, seeing John Woodnutt's performance on the series 3 rerun (in Leo's quest???) was a certain reminder of where the dream came from . Probably worth checking through my posts if I get that deja vu feeling again :-[ :-[ :-[
The only way is onward, there is no turning back. Oooh nasty, didn't realise the road ended there!
knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by knightmaredave »

mogdreed was im nu knightmare once that really was naaaaasty
knightmaredave
frakilk
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Knightmare Dreams?

Post by frakilk »

I was wondering whether anyone has had any Knightmare dreams e.g. walking through a dwarf tunnel, battling with Mogdred, an *ahem* encounter with Sidriss/Magida?
frakilk
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re:Knightmare Dreams?

Post by frakilk »

Oops sorry, guess I'm not the only one who had one :)
PookasRule
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by PookasRule »

Mogdred and Tregard were in my dream last night. Quite creepy actually.
I'm a Mogdred fan!
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

I once woke up from a very scary Knightmare dream.

Treguard and... Pickle, I think... were preparing a team to go into the Dungeon, but the team were dithering and Treguard kept reminding them that if they took their time, Lord Fear's forces would come through the portal into Knightmare Castle and invade, so they' better get a move on and go into the Dungeon.

Of course they didn't, and goblin horns kept sounding. They kept going on about whether or not to go into the Dungeon (I doubt Treguard was helping them much, actually) - and eventually Lord Fear's forces did come through the portal and invade - headed up by a white pooka, which floated through first and floated towards the screen, engulfing everything.
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
Naitch
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: My Knightmare Dream

Post by Naitch »

I've had a few dreams about Knightmare as well.

Usually being chased by one or more characters.

I had several dreams about being chased by the 'Mindless Mechanical Warrior', and they always woke me up with a start.

I also had a dream about leaving my living room, but my hallway was now the Corridor of Blades, and as if that wasn't bad enough I was also being chased by Goblins!

When I finally made it to my Kitchen, Treguard was sitting there eating my dinner! >:(

I've had others, but they are the ones that instantly spring to mind...
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

Lazily cut-and-pasted from my LiveJournal:

My sister (Kate) was organising a Knightmare tribute at Liverpool Street Station. My friend Matt (not Matt Richings / Myatt, another one) was to play Treguard, oddly enough, and I wasn't meant to be involved at all. Now, evidently I don't like being left out of things, and when something's related to KM I feel I have more of a right to be involved in something! So I devised a plan to become involved - while they were preparing, I'd go home and get some speakers, stand on the balcony and - when Matt/Treguard started speaking - play one of my tracks (Castle of D, a fantasy-style instrumental thingy I wrote during February) out loud, while standing on a balcony directly above Matt/Treguard.

So, knowing that I had an exam in a couple of hours (in reality, I have since taken this exam), I got on a train from Liverpool Street (although why I started off in Liverpool Street I've no idea) which only called at Bush Hill Park [where I live] and Enfield Town (handy!). As a result, I was in Bush Hill Park in no time at all. I then realised, when I arrived at my house to retrieve Castle of D, that I'd missed the first part of my exam. I panicked, while my dad was trying to calm me down. I then tried to find a 'phone number to call Hamish (Hamish is a tutor) and let him know, and ask for a retake.

But I was panicking because I'd missed my exam and had been left out of a KM thingy.

Here the dream grows fuzzy. I woke up shortly after this, still feeling stressed, but then I realised it was about 6AM and therefore unlikely to have actually happened. Nevertheless, odd, eh?
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

I had a Knightmare dream in late May. It featured a number of CGI locations. In one, Grimwold rode Ariadne after a dungeoneer. In another, a rocky area, the spell ELFGLADE was cast to create a portal. It then turned out that the whole thing was a rare computer game called Elfglade. I met a collector of games on a plane, and was trying to explain to him in French that someone on my last flight had a copy of Elfglade.

The day before, I had been rereading Jake's article on Virtually Impossible, and doing a crossword where one answer was elf, which must have had something to do with it.