Knightmare video game ideas

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Arcengal
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Knightmare video game ideas

Post by Arcengal »

I don't know if any decent ones have been made, but here's my idea for one.

The game is set up a la Dungeon Keeper style, with the exception of Watcher Mode which is more familar with the TV series.

In Knightmare, you get to choose one of three modes:

Treguard Mode: In Treguard mode, your goal is to get dungeoneers through the dungeons to collect all 4 quest objects (cup, sword, shield, crown). The first few dungeons are easy pickings, with pathetic traps and clumsy goblins being the only obstacles. However, as you progress further through the game, the dungeons get tougher and longer, from just one level to having a whopping four levels! And remember, since you have to get at least four dungeoneers through each dungeon section (to get a diff quest object each time), you had better plan your strategy. Should you give this dungeoneer a bit more training, or should you throw him while the hobgoblin is busy with the last carcass? The decision is yours, but remember the time limit that the game imposes....fail to meet it and your career as dungeon master is over.

Watcher mode: In watcher mode, your goal is direct the dungeoneer through the world of the Dungeon. Using shortkey combinations (sl means sidestep left for example), you must keep your friend safe and make him pick up the right objects before proceeding. This mode is unique in that there is no real limit on time, but you only get one shot...and the Game Over screen is that lovely Death Sequence from series 1-4, full screen and in your face.

Lord Fear mode: In Lord Fear mode, your goal is to STOP the dungeoneers getting through the dungeon. This is more like Dungeon Keeper, but it's doubly ruthless. As well as keeping the monsters hungry for fresh meat and making sure traps are maintained (people get through PYCR without a scratch even though they keep picking the wrong card!) you also have to keep the dungeon clean(!), otherwise contestants will be more aware of the dangers. Lord Fear mode has no money as such, but each improvement takes time and the dungeoneers don't wait around. As the game progresses, you get given less and less each time to start with, and have to add your own traps. Certain traps may only be used once however, such as the Corridor of Blades and other favourites.
Lord Fear game over is when the dungeoneers have redeemed all 4 quest objects in a dungeon. You have to keep them out for a time period of around an hour in each level.

And the hardest part of the game: Modgred mode. Although, this is never really a mode, it's a feature. When turned on, Modgred begins to interfere in everything. Goblins carefully positioned for maximum effienency get scared off by magic swords, the dungeoneers become invisible....everything goes haywire when Modgred is angry....

Available for PC, with Internet play (LF mode vs TG mode)
4 line sigs yada yada yada
Arcengal
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: Knightmare video game ideas

Post by Arcengal »

Look, I thought people were complaining about a lack of good games based on Knightmare? That's why I made the topic...
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

actualy this sound like one of the best concieved ideas yet...hats off to you sir.

this game as a whole has great lure as it doesn't make you only play the "advisor" role. mogdred mode sounds coll arse too ;)
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please
Arcengal
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Arcengal »

The game could also have some nice little rewards for getting sufficently far...a gallery mode, some clips, etc. Although most people who would play the game would already have these somewhere  ;D

It would certainly work well....in LF mode, a dungeoneer steps on the wrong tile in a particularly nasty causeway...then the classic sound clip plays...."Ooh...nasty."
Stickman900
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Stickman900 »

sounds like a good idea, and watcher mode wouldn't be too hard to make either.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Brilliant Idea Arcengal! Motley, your jolly jester also made a topic on a game... I discussed did the control layout for the dungeoneer and stuff...
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
beamrider2600
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by beamrider2600 »

I've got an idea. How about something that uses the GameCube and Game Boy Advance's link-up capabilities? Where you can play with two screens, one on the handheld, which is connected to the GameCube with a TV.

That way, one player can control a Game Boy and one person can play on the GameCube. For KM, the person on the GB will be able to see the dungeon room in plan view; the person on the GC will see the dungeon from the restricted perspective of the dungeoneer (he/she will only be able to see the ground below him/her). The person on the GBA will have the job of guiding the person on the GC.

Good idea? A lot of you probably haven't seen the link-up working so your probably confused, feel free to ask any questions.
..........................lets go ride some BEAMS!!
WhiteFloatingSkull
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Personally...

Post by WhiteFloatingSkull »

I reckon that there should be a dungeoneer mode - yo'd have to tread carfully, avoiding traps and the such. Do you trust your advisors to give you the correct riddle answers, or go with your gut?

Many possibilities here, just waiting to be explored...

Oh, and I'm back - again. For the third time... ;D
WoOOo, I am the floating Skull - bite my shiny cranium!!!
It still waits.
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

things is i reckon dungeoneer mode just ends up beinga "how quick are your reactions" game (assuming the comp controlled advisors are gonna direct properly) ...turning a brilliant game into "bop it"
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please
Stickman900
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Stickman900 »

not necessarily. You could make it almost an adventure game with riddles in some rooms, traps in others and some simple combat/spellcasting in some others. The advisors then wouldn't come into play but maybe you could play it as the advisor (ie from the view of the advisors) but being able to control the dungeoneer (possibly with slow reflexes to make the dungeoneer seem like it's taking commands and taking it's time to understand them and then carry them out)

-EDIT-Spellings, still some mistakes there as well =\
Last edited by Stickman900 on 09 Jun 2003, 22:13, edited 1 time in total.
Gerz
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Gerz »

How about a KM Game done in as point-and-click game for the most part. (Simualr to Monkey Island etc,)
The game can be done in a simular propective to that of which the camaras show you in the TV show.

The game will be played by clicking on the area you want to go, the things you want to say, the stuff in the clue room you want to select.

The spells and items to be used can be selected from either the pause screen or from a small menu at the bottom.
In that menu you can also see your life force, which you need to restore with food or spells.

In certain places like the Corridor of Blades or Block and tackle etc, to goes to 3rd person mode and you need to use the arrow keys to aviod the gaps, blocks or blades etc.

You can create yourself at the start of the quest, like what clothes you are wearing, gender,  what helmet of justice you are wearing ect  You can also pick what style your life force is, either the face, the walking man, the pie/cake/quiche or a heartbeat thingy.

With Arcengel's Lord Fear modes idea maybe you can have mates play as the dungeonere in the dungeon that you made, with you trying to stop them. So in it as one player mode you got the dungeonere has A.I which can be only be so smart, but a human play would be more of a challange to stop as they can learn how you build your dungeons and think of other ways to get around the problems.  
I Love Goblins